Can you see the real Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono has taken on so many stage personas, and Edge calls him a 'great bunch of guys.' Even as a teenager he wasn't sure who he was. We know of course he's Bono the rock star and world crusader, but what do you think he's REALLY like as a person? Which one of his characters is most like him? Do you think the soft, cuddly Elevation Bono is a representation of his real self, or is he more like the Fly or MacPhisto? How much is character and how much is Paul Hewson? What would it be like to actually live with him every day like Ali does? Discuss!

------------------
"feel like trash, you make me feel clean"

Originally posted by TrailerTrashTracie:
Discuss!

That's hard! He seems like he's trying too hard to be a rock star sometimes. That's all I can say.
smile.gif

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

All I know is there's a quote from Bono saying that sometimes his kids tell him to turn off his Bononess sometimes....

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

I'm sorry TTT I can't answer this. You see, as I mentioned on that other thread, I don't know the guys personally so I don't know what kind of person they are on the inside, nor am I qualified to comment on what they really think. I don't know. I wish I did.

"What is happening in his head,
oooooooh I wish I knew,
I wish I knew! "

From The Who's "TOMMY"

Heh- this was a question i was going to put in the "question for the band" thread. How do they (do they?) keep a difference between their stage personas and their private selves? It's hard enough for people who are not STALKED by admiring sex-crazed fans. I mean, how many of us ever really share our true selves with co-workers, certain family members, less-than-close friends? it must be even tougher for them.

lol!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

*snicker* Y'all said HARD.
wink.gif

*scanalizes self* (kinda like it without the "d")

Of the 4 of them, Bono is probably the most Bono-y off the stage as well...it's like he's cultivated this "Bono of U2" persona and has a hard time turning it off.

Bill Flanagan described Bono as being funnier, wittier, smarter and more self-effacing than most people think he is. I would just love to see someone video "a week in the life of Bono" to see how he is doing everyday things with friends and family.

Hey, if they can do that for Mick, they can certainly do it for Bono as well!! (and he's probably lots more interesting than Mick!)

I think his stage personality is far from reality. If you read U2 at the End Of The World ya get a good idea of it, the writer spends 2 years with the band over ZOOtv.

He's genuinely nice, book writes about him and Edge always signing autographs because he can't bear to just drive past people waiting for him, whereas Larry and Adam rarely put in appearances (I think they're getting better though)

But I don't think he's as 'nice' as people think, just a normal guy who likes his privacy and respects his fans. Like someone said, much more intelligent and aware than people think. He's much more sarcastic and witty when he's not doing work for U2, which you don't usually see when he's round the fans.

Back
Top Bottom