can we get some Dallas love in here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Can we get some pics of the man that keeps Edge rocking? Dallas is underrated in my book!

Dallas was at Abbey Road studios on the last day U2 was there.
he gave us all Edge guitar picks!! :happy: :hyper:

i got some pics somewhere, i'll upload them.

All I Want Is Schoo...

europop2005 said:
Can we get some pics of the man that keeps Edge rocking? Dallas is underrated in my book!

Yes, please! :drool:

3ff2e81b.jpg

dallasschoo.jpg

1adallas.jpg

^ thats a good pic.

:hmm: we should of all got out photos taken with him in a huge group shot when handed us the guitar picks!! :lol:

Anji said:
Not the worlds best pic, but here you go

Bono20thSeptember2006003-1.jpg

Wauh! :combust:

Not the worlds best pic, you say? Well, it's good enough for me... :wink:

Dallas Schoo, a down-to-earth, Louisville, Kentucky native, has been Edge's guitar technician since the second leg of the 1987 Joshua Tree Tour. Recalling that time when Edge contacted Dallas to first work for U2, “right then they were on the cover of TIME Magazine…so I thought, I'm gonna go with this,” he joked on VH1. Outside of the four members of U2, Dallas is one of the most recognizable members of the U2 organization. His intense, hard work ethic has been a valuable factor in U2's successful tours. Tuning anywhere from 17 to 22 guitar throughout a single show, restringing all (and that includes back-ups) of Edge's guitars before each show, working Edge's pedal board as he is still tuning, and knowing the ins and outs of Edge's rig are just a few facets of Dallas' job. “I love it. It can get very intense if something goes wrong, but it can be the best job in the world,” Dallas informed South Bend's Observer Newspaper.

Its not only Dallas' guitar work that makes him stand out. The sandy haired technician with the slow soft mid-west drawl that we see soundchecking the guitars before each show has an incredible rapport with the fans. Whether he can be seen giving out picks, or setlists, coming to talk to fans, giving a wave or a wink, Dallas always takes time to interact with the U2 faithful.

Dallas' incredible work is not only bestowed upon U2. Dallas has also worked with the likes of The Police, The Eagles, Prince, Pearl Jam, and Jimmy Buffet amongst others. Currently, you can find Dallas on tour with U2 on the Vertigo Tour. A great guitarist himself, Dallas is regarded as one of the best guitar technicians in the business. Dave Eastmen, owner of UltraCase, the company famous for its guitar stands, simply says, “Dallas is the greatest.”

well, other than the fact that he went to Ohio State :madspit: he sounds like a cool guy. What's also admirable is the professional relationship he and Edge have. Imagine working with someone that closely for nearly 20 years! It speaks well for both of them. If Edge were a tyrant (and I doubt that's possible) it wouldn't last and if Dallas were anything but the best, it wouldn't last either.

kellyahern said:

:cute: I've said it before, but... I want a pic like that too! :cute:

Kelly, can I ask you something? You make Dallas look very tall ( :wink: ), but how tall would you say he actually is? :)

A few stills...

Dallas1.jpg

Dallas2a.jpg

dallas3.jpg

...and my favourite - cos I took it myself! :wink: Dallas in the rain...

Koncert1.jpg

:combust:

kellyahern said:
I'm about 5' 4" , but he didn't seem like a giant at the time. Maybe I was standing on a slope or something, or I'm more of a shrimp than I thought :reject:.

Okay, thanks! :) I think the slope thing sounds possible... :nerd: :wink:

Something similar happend when I saw/met Anton Corbijn - he didn't look very tall when he was standing infront of me, but now, when I see pic of him next to Bono, he just looks giant (and I'm the same hight as Bono)! :lol:

For the Kiwis here.... Dallas Schoo will be interviewed today (Saturday 18th November) on New Zealand's National Radio, between 2pm - 5pm, on the Music 101 programme.

Back
Top Bottom