Can we discuss Adam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thrillme

Refugee
Ye know, to go with the Larry discussion, afterall, they are the rhythm section of the band.

"... and then i saw Adam, and he just looked so cool. and I said, 'I
want to be in a rock n' roll band with him.'"
-Larry

"Adam literally got me by the scruff of the neck and roped me into U2. I didn't really want to be in a band. I was only into it for the sake of the sound of electric guitar, drums, bass and singing. So when he started talking about actually playing gigs I thought,'What, y' mean playing gigs in front of other people?' The thought had never dawned on me. But Adam believed in the band before anyone did - he'd made up his mind at 15 or 16 that rock 'n' roll was what he was going to do.-Bono

We've got great fans. They follow us through all sorts of changes,
and in many ways they encourage us to continue pursuing music that excites us."-Adam

Bass players get the weirdest fans-Edge

news_010904_band_studio.jpg

I don't know much about bass playing, but Patrick Pfieffer, who is more of an expert than me, says he's an excellent bass player.

Sure Adam's a good bassist.

I love the bit of the interview when Pfieffer remembers of the lesson on the day of a hard rain.
It's exactly like that that Adam is in my imagination!

And then he seems to be so gentle and kind with all the fans coming his way!

I like his way of smiling gently and his accent is...:drool:

I love Adam...um if I had to pick a favorite member it would be him. :reject:

This is one of my favorite Adam quotes, I think it's so sweet and indicative of his role in the band.

"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting.If you've chosen that instrument you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident"

Oh here's a good one.... :evil: :D :crazy:

-Adam, in an online chat, in reponse to being asked
"Was it a pleasant experience hanging your willy out for all on Achtung Baby?"

"I had to be talked into it, I have to say. I was very nervous and apprehensive about revealing myself in such a way. But I got into the spirit of wickness, I suppose. I really objected to the censorship that happened in certain countries, like I think in America they put a nasty black X over it or something. I think nude photography is absolutely appropriate and it shouldn't embarrass anyone. I think the pictures that Robert Mapplethorpe took of male nudes- those portraits- helped me to look at myself as a man and to get used to looking at penises. It's a hard thing to overcome to begin with but I think it's good. I only wish I had an erection at the time."

These are from U2takemehigher.com by the way. I can't find the quotes section of their site anymore.

neutral said:
Oh here's a good one.... :evil: :D :crazy:

-Adam, in an online chat, in reponse to being asked
"Was it a pleasant experience hanging your willy out for all on Achtung Baby?"

These are from U2takemehigher.com by the way. I can't find the quotes section of their site anymore.

I just adore that man :drool: :drool: :wink:

neutral said:

Thanks, that's my site! :wave: The quotes are under "Chatter Take Me Higher" and you can find all the Adam ones here.

I love Adam, I think he is so calm and collected and has a great sense of humor. He's so sexy :flirt:, I love his confidence. :wink:

My favorite Adam quotes are this one because I try to fight my perfectionism and this quote is awesome: "In a live situation, there's really no such thing as perfection...You can't deal in perfection. You can only deal in emotion."

but the funniest quote is:

"Today we're going to do something perfectly healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise." (2001)

:laugh: :D

I would have to say its a toss up between Adam and Edge who my favorite member of the band is. Cant call a winner.

Favorite quote from Adam was when he was asked in an interview a few years back what the best moment in his life was, and he responded "my own birth, I've never really gotten over it." Something like that, it was hilarious, cause all the other band members went first and said something pretty serious and then he said something like that.

If I ranked my favourite member, hmm, be something like

Bono and Adam (tie)
Edge and Larry (tie)

:reject: ties kind of defeat the whole purpose of rankings huh?

neutral said:

oh I didn't know! :ohmy: :bow: I love your site, I look at the picture section like...every day. :lol: :heart:

LOL thanks!! Glad you enjoy it! :wink: I think I need some help updating it all but no one seems to know html. :( you'd be shocked how many more pics i have sitting and waiting to be uploaded. :reject:

Adam's a doll. :cute: Charming, witty, droll. He seems like a great guy to hang out with or go to a party with. Just an all-around decent chap.

He's got a great sense of style, and a wardrobe to make the Cat from Red Dwarf green with envy! :D

I also love his elegant long neck, his goofy-cute grin and expressive big blue eyes. :)

Adam seems like a wonderful person. He is kind to the fans, intelligent and just seems like he has an innate sense of class...he makes people feel welcome and important when he's around them.

Plus he is rather nice-looking!

I have grown very fond of Adam, and wish I really knew him!

I hate to admit,but I used to think of Adam as just some old dude. But over the years I've developed a mad crush on him,he really is quite sexy. Especially his neck and chest.

I agree Adam has an absolutely delicious chest-
which is one of the reasons why this is my all time favorite Adam picture ever~~
Adamsmile.jpg

This pic also really shows off his breath-taking smile too. But gorgeous smile, chest & wonderful personality aside, what really drives me crazy about Adam is his almost feline gracefulness and his voice. God, that voice just drives me insane! He purrrrs! I could listen to him read the phonebook and it would...well, never mind what it would do! :combust: :faint:

Edgespet said:

Adamsmile.jpg

what really drives me crazy about Adam is his almost feline gracefulness and his voice. God, that voice just drives me insane! He purrrrs!

I love that picture, too! And his voice; he does purr! That British accent is an interesting contrast to his bandmates' Irish accents (not that they aren't lovely to listen to, as well!).

Back
Top Bottom