Can someone make an avatar of these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awful! :uhoh: I always wondered how terrible it must have been in the olden days when they didn't have products for your period :no:

Ugh...I hope the Dr. office has an answering machine. I'm going to leave an irate message b/c I'm forking over big bucks for these birth control pills and obviously, they're NOT working!

yeah that sucks. :down: i'll never forget this one time when i was watching 'regis and kelly' and kelly ripa said "i think women are stronger than men, because if men went through what women go through once a month they would die." :lmao:

U2democrat said:
i'll never forget this one time when i was watching 'regis and kelly' and kelly ripa said "i think women are stronger than men, because if men went through what women go through once a month they would die." :lmao:

It's true. And guys REALLY hate the eyebrow plucking. One time I was doing it and my bf watched and just gringed and said, "that looks so painful." He won't even let me pull one of his hairs out just to see that it doesn't hurt.

Grrrr....my mom says my pill dosage is not strong enough. Great! since the point was to NOT have a bad period whilst in Africa and my prescription for Africa is already sitting at the Target pharmacy. :banghead:

U2democrat said:
Yeah I've wondered that too. If I were a woman before pads I'd probably go into isolation during that time. It would suck soooooo much. :madspit:

It sucked. I've actually read about OB-GYN practices in the really old days, I won't get into it, it's too horrible to describe. Just be glad you didn't live back then.

:lol: thanks for the info verte. I bet it's awful.

Now you see if you can decide, which avatar do you like better? No one else can choose because they're both so *pretty*! :wink:

U2democrat said:

this:
avphan.jpg

or this:
avph2-vi.jpg

Man, verte, I can imagine! I can't even stand the pads of today. :no: I got my period when I was 11 and when I started doing gymnastics everyday, I obviously had to switch to tampons and I will NEVER go back!

I like the top (profile) avatar better.

Ok that's 1 vote for the profile av.

I haven't tried a tampon yet. Some of my friends have, and some liked it, some hated it. either way, periods are hell. :madspit: i bet that's what hell is for women, a 24/7 horrible period. :yuck:

U2democrat said:
Ok that's 1 vote for the profile av.

I haven't tried a tampon yet. Some of my friends have, and some liked it, some hated it. either way, periods are hell. :madspit: i bet that's what hell is for women, a 24/7 horrible period. :yuck:

:shocked: OMG, dear, just TRY it! OK, so it's weird and gross and scary the first time, but you will not regret and next month you'll be like "ew, pads? what was I thinking?". I guess if you're "light" pads aren't as bad, but I always felt like I was wearing a frickin diaper for 8 days straight and I couldn't bike, swim, or do anything in a swim suit (which is me all summer). Plus, no matter how frequently I "changed", it was still just a mess.....ok, enough. Just try tampons. If you get the right kind, it's all good (some of the cheaper brands require a knack for it).

OK, this might be an overshare, but you asked....

I guess I'm what you might call a "heavy" bleeder. I've got a pretty heavy flow for the first 4-5 days, then 3-4 days of light flow. With pads, I was changing them like every 1-2 hrs and still I had trouble like when I'd sit in class for an hour and then stand up again....ugh. Nighttime was the worst b/c I don't usually get up to use the bathroom at night and if I slept all night with a pad, I'd have a huge mess the next morning. The pad just wasn't made for me! I used to change tampons every 4-6 hrs max b/c of the TSS scare, but I think they've proven that that's less common than previously thought. On ANY day of my period, with a "super" tampon I can sleep all night and be fine as long as I go to the bathroom soon after waking up. During the first 3-4 days of my period, while I'm awake I change maybe 3-4 times a day (morning, lunch, home from work, bed time) - basically not usually any more often than I actually go to the bathroom. On "lighter" days I can go all day and be fine, but that's probably not so healthy so I do change it once or twice.

Also, if you're worried about accidents when you first try, you can use those super thin pads at the same time just in case.

I always use the "super" type (they're coded green). If you think you're heavier than me, you can try the super-plus and I'd also recommend using a really thin pad while you're still figuring out how often to change it. I use the Target brand with the cardboard applicator b/c they're the cheapest, but they don't have the rounded applicator tip so I'd maybe start with something a bit more "comfortable". The Tampax Pearl ones have a plastic applicator with a rounded tip so that would be the easiest to start with. Plastic applicators are fine, you just can flush them like the cardboard ones. Also, the Tampax Satin Teen ones are like the Pearls and are meant for new users, but their applicator is cardboard/flushable. These days you can get multipacks for when the bleeding slows, but I've always used the supers and when bleeding slows, I just change it less frequently (and I just read on the Tampax site if you change it too often, it can be slightly uncomfortable b/c it'll dry you out). I've never had any trouble confort wise or with it being too "big" - usually those problems are psychological. I've never tried non-applicator tampons so I'm no help there. My one piece of (graphic) advice would be do read the directions b/c if you don't know how far to do it and it's not far enough, then it will kinda hurt and you'll think "oh, I hate tampons, they hurt", but you just gotta do it right and get the hang of it.

Basically, you just gotta commit to the change and stick with it. After a few months you'll have it figure out when to change and things like that. There's some good info on the Tampax FAQ site.

Cmon!

These boards are going WAY downhill when people start talking about periods and snow instead of U2 which the board is for. Take idiotic talk like that to a messaging service for God's sake! Get a life!

Yeah, b/c you and all of your 13 posts would know :rolleyes: If you don't like our convo, don't come to the PLEBAns forum, derrrrr. Read the little descriptions at the top of the forums, smarty.

Wait, I need to get a life b/c I'm talking about REAL LIFE topics instead of U2 this, U2 that, U2 U2 U2 is all I care about.... I need to get a life?.....

Last edited:
Here, I'll even copy and paste if for you...

For those that consider themselves part of the PLEBA community, this is for all non-U2 "personal" topics

Can't say there's anything more personal and non-U2 than menstruation, eh? :tongue:

oh excuse me, just because I don't post doesn't mean I don't spend time reading posts? whatever. Your idiotic thread also shows up on the active forum thread on the front page when replies are being made, but oh wait I am perpetuating this idiocy

Yeah, cus it's an active thread. Like I said, if you spend SO much time reading posts, then why don't you read the forum descriptions?

cudar is probably a guy and doesn't understand what it's like to have these problems. as the forum description says, this is for "non-u2 PERSONAL topics". what do you expect us to talk about? holy crap i'm sorry if we're interested in each other's lives. :madspit:

Re: Cmon!

cudar said:
These boards are going WAY downhill when people start talking about periods and snow instead of U2 which the board is for. Take idiotic talk like that to a messaging service for God's sake! Get a life!

As LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said, this particular forum is not for U2. And please keep the conversation here civil.

Back
Top Bottom