Can I bring a camera to the concert or do I have to sneak one in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHoneyAlways

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My purse was checked twice but cameras were everywhere! This was at the United Center in Chicago. I don't think it should be that much of a problem.

------------------
~*Honey*~

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

i went to about 5 shows, each one they checked my purse. they clearly saw the camera and film, and let me in. i dont have a big professional looking camera though, just a small APS camera.

When I went no one cared about cameras as long as they weren't large professional ones or videos. Cheap cameras and disposables were everywhere, even in U2's faces. Nobody said a thing.

Bono has said himself (On VH1)
that he dosent mind Cameras at his concert

------------------
DAZZX
www.PcForums.co.uk
Wake Up Dead Man

You shouldn't have a problem and I brought a semi-pro one in with me... just no zoom lens.

As a tip - if I were you and you're really worried, take some extra film and batteries in your pocket or something in case they took them... that's what I did!!! Check out my pics here if you want!
smile.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/shelsraging

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 11-15-2001).]

So, I should probably use 800 spd film w/ my less than great camera? And, they let cameras into Staples Center right? To bad I'll be in the seats, but I'm still taking pics dammit.

Hi All,

Staples center was pretty cool with the camera policy. Just no professional cameras allowed!! I took my small APS camera and when they wand you in the GA line to get into the arena, I just had it in my hand so that they could see it.

I got some good pictures, and tried something different for Tuesday's show and shot with Black and white film. Some came out nice!! Wish I had a scanner!!

Anyway shouldn't be a problem in LA!! Hope this helps!

Yeah it was no problem in LA! Lastnight in Oakland it was but.... eh, just hide it well.... I mean tons of cameras go through! LOL My bro hid the camera around his ankle cause he has baggy jeans.. couldn't even tell!
wink.gif
And my cousing put hers inside her blouse... I dunno how but she said she did! LOL Good luck!
wink.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by mocool12:
To bad I'll be in the seats, but I'm still taking pics dammit.

LOL... I too have seats, but I thought I would take a chance and try to take some pictures. I hope that they come out okay. If they do, I will post them. Thanks again for all the advice! I am so bad at sneaking stuff in or out. So I would hate to sneak in a camera and have it confiscated. I remember when I was in college I tried to steal a beer sign from a bar. I stuck this huge ZIMA sign in my shirt (mind you I was drunk) and tried to walk out of the club with. Of course the security guards saw half of it hanging out of my shirt. They asked me if I was stealing anything. I told them no! They then told me to lift up my arms (I was clutching my shirt tight so the sign would not fall out) and when I lifted up my arms, out came the stupid sign. Anyway, it was really funny. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom