Can anyone resize a pic to the avatar size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I'd like to use the Sweetest thing picture I was looking for earlier (the thread and the pic are on page 2 now, I'd post the pic but I'm not a premium member). I tried putting the pic as my avatar on User CP link above, but it is too big, unfortunately.

:help: Anyone?

Tell me when you saved the avatar 'cause then I will delete it frm my account again.

Cheers.

Woo, thanks! It works - and it looks :cute: if I may say so myself.

:wave:

Really? I can post pics and not be a premium member? Interesting...I thought I couldn't do that since I can't make a signature anymore.

a tip for Windows XP (and maybe 2000) users:

To make an avatar, open the folder that the picture file is in. Go up to View and change it to Thumbnails. This makes all the pics show up a little avatar-sized pics. Now, click the "Print Scr" button once (above Insert). Click Start, Programs (All Programs), Accessories, and open Paint. Go to Edit and click Paste. This pastes a picture of the screen, including the little avatar thumbnail. Now you just have to crop off the rest so only the avatar is left. Click and drag the pasted image until the top and left sides of the avatar image are flush with the top and left of the Paint window. Click the "Esc" button (top left of keyboard) to deselect the image. Scroll to the bottom and right of the paint image. You'll see a little dot in the middle of the bottom and middle of the right. These are the handles to drag the edges over and up to crop the bottom and right of the image so that all you have left is the avatar. Now go up to File, Save As and you can save it. You should probably change the Save As Type to JPEG (not bitmap) because it makes a smaller file and Interference might have a limit.

If you need more help, let me know.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

To make an avatar, open the folder that the picture file is in. Go up to View and change it to Thumbnails. This makes all the pics show up a little avatar-sized pics. Now, click the "Print Scr" button once (above Insert). Click Start, Programs (All Programs), Accessories, and open Paint. Go to Edit and click Paste. This pastes a picture of the screen, including the little avatar thumbnail. Now you just have to crop off the rest so only the avatar is left. Click and drag the pasted image until the top and left sides of the avatar image are flush with the top and left of the Paint window. Click the "Esc" button (top left of keyboard) to deselect the image. Scroll to the bottom and right of the paint image. You'll see a little dot in the middle of the bottom and middle of the right. These are the handles to drag the edges over and up to crop the bottom and right of the image so that all you have left is the avatar. Now go up to File, Save As and you can save it. You should probably change the Save As Type to JPEG (not bitmap) because it makes a smaller file and Interference might have a limit.

If you need more help, let me know.
And you are sure that the thumbnail size is 72 x 72 or smaller? I don't have windows 2000 but I think that some ppl might have optioned to have the thumbnails shown bigger...like 100 x 100 or so..?

Yes, U2girl, you can post pics. Go to this thread, there everything is explained http://forum.interference.com/t89742.html . But you are here for so long already and don't know that? ;)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

To make an avatar, open the folder that the picture file is in. Go up to View and change it to Thumbnails. This makes all the pics show up a little avatar-sized pics.

This blows my mind!

I tried it at work and Windows 2000 DOES have the Thumbnail view. As for the thumbnail size, it depends on the dimensions of the original file. In Paint, you can go to Image > Attributes and it will tell you exactly how many pixels you're at so you can crop accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom