Camo hat like Bono's now at J.Crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Haha...I figure since I've started one thread in PLEBA, I may as well start another. :wink:

Just saw that J.Crew has camo hats like the one Bono wears. It comes in two types--one is actually camouflage, and one is the olive green (I think he primarily wears the plain green one, though I'm sure I've seen a pic or two with the camouflage, too). It's in the men's section and runs about $24. I don't think it's on jcrew.com yet...I've only seen it in the store.

I picked one up for myself...:reject:

Galeongirl said:
:scream: *wants*

what size are they tho? usually they're too big for me

I've seen medium & large. They probably have smalls, too, but I saw a medium right away & didn't spend much time searching. They're in guys' sizes, so I'm guessing you may need a small. I think their website has hat sizes on it. I'm kind of surprised that they're not listed online...I don't know why.

I picked up the olive green one this morning. :D

U2Man said:
where did mrs. utoo go? :(

She's been lazy with Interference. :sad: She had a post or two in the Lemonade Stand, took a look around PLEBA, and then hasn't been back since. She's starting her own health counseling practice, so that's taking a bit of time.

I'll get back on encouraging some Interference time...:wink:

:love: omg Utoo AND U2man in one PLEBA thread... :combust:

Utoo :flirt: picture of you in your new hat plz..

:wink: I just wanna see the colour 's all

^ :lol:

I'm on call & at work tonight and tomorrow daytime, but I'll work on it :wink:

Galeongirl said:
Utoo :flirt: picture of you in your new hat plz..

:wink: I just wanna see the colour 's all

As promised!

Here's the hat. It comes pre-distressed, but most of the ones I saw only have two or three "distressed" areas (on mine you can see one area on the edge of the brim, as well as one on the top of the brim):

IMG_0730.jpg

If you can see on the underside, there's a lining at the level of the J.Crew tag that's camouflage. That's the color of the one that's all camouflage. I like the plain olive green one best, plus it's the one that Bono wears more (if you're going for that..:wink: )

IMG_0733.jpg

And here's the "Bono in Africa signing autographs look," though I forgot my ONE band. Plus my sunglasses are about 8 bucks instead of 200 (if anyone wants to unload a pair of bvlgaris, let me know! :wink: )

IMG_0729small.jpg

Last edited:
Utoo said:

As promised!

Here's the hat. It comes pre-distressed, but most of the ones I saw only have two or three "distressed" areas (on mine you can see one area on the edge of the brim, as well as one on the top of the brim):

IMG_0730.jpg

If you can see on the underside, there's a lining at the level of the J.Crew tag that's camouflage. That's the color of the one that's all camouflage. I like the plain olive green one best, plus it's the one that Bono wears more (if you're going for that..:wink: )

IMG_0733.jpg

And here's the "Bono in Africa signing autographs look," though I forgot my ONE band. Plus my sunglasses are about 8 bucks instead of 200 (if anyone wants to unload a pair of bvlgaris, let me know! :wink: )

IMG_0729small.jpg

Nice hat!!! Thanks for modeling :wink:

OMG! I went to Oxford street (London) today and brought an all green montrosity hat and a camo one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I swear, they are carbon copies of Bono's ones!!!! :combust:

Utoo said:

As promised!

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0729small.jpg

Hey Utoo welcome to the GMHC! :wink: Looking good!! :flirt:

bonoishot said:

:hyper::drool:

:shifty:Which shop did you get yours from?

I want one. :drool:

From where the shop has no name. :shifty:

There are a lot of hat shops there (I believe with no names). How do I explain? :hmm: You know where GAP is? After you come out of GAP, turn right and start walking up the street, after about 5-7 minutes you'll find a few hat shops almost in a row.

The first one you stop at, may have some camo hats, but don't worry if you don't find the all green one, just walk up a bit more, and you'll find more shops, which are GUARANTEED to sell both types.

Hope this helps! :nerd: :lol:

I forgot too: Great pic Utoo! :up: I like the picture on the wall too! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. :) I'm glad some folks are able to pick one up--it's a great find. In the last few days it's become my anytime hat. :wink:

The pic on the wall is my baby....it's a limited edition litho that's plate-signed by Anton. :drool:

It took me a few minutes what GMHC was...but I'm guessing "Green Monstrosity Hat Club? :lol:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Hey Utoo welcome to the GMHC! :wink: Looking good!! :flirt:

:tsk: it's the EGHC!

:love: you're looking mighty fine Utoo! :shifty: and so does the hat ofcourse...

I do have one, but it doesn't look like Bono's at all, yours really does look more like the real thing

Galeongirl said:

:tsk: it's the EGHC!

:love: you're looking mighty fine Utoo! :shifty: and so does the hat ofcourse...

I do have one, but it doesn't look like Bono's at all, yours really does look more like the real thing

Yeah, I had a feeling that I didn't quite remember the abbreviation correctly. :reject: But surely there should be a M for monstrosity after the G? :eyebrow: And I forgot what the E stands for!! :scratch:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

Yeah, I had a feeling that I didn't quite remember the abbreviation correctly. :reject: But surely there should be a M for monstrosity after the G? :eyebrow: And I forgot what the E stands for!! :scratch:

:wink: Bono's fave word

the Extraordinary Green Hat Club

U2 Beginner said:

From where the shop has no name. :shifty:

There are a lot of hat shops there (I believe with no names). How do I explain? :hmm: You know where GAP is? After you come out of GAP, turn right and start walking up the street, after about 5-7 minutes you'll find a few hat shops almost in a row.

The first one you stop at, may have some camo hats, but don't worry if you don't find the all green one, just walk up a bit more, and you'll find more shops, which are GUARANTEED to sell both types.

Hope this helps! :nerd: :lol:

I forgot too: Great pic Utoo! :up: I like the picture on the wall too! :ohmy:

I was out of town in Cleveland this week 4 work, and at a GAP outlet bought 2 hats 4 like 7 bucks. One is green w/ a bit of camo, one dark navy blue. They look like these hats. I'll post pix if people want.

Isn't it funny that J. Crew would copy the hats, given that the (Red) campaign has linked up with the Gap?

They could have done a green hat lined in red, or a red hat altogether instead of the green/navy ones. Now J. Crew will get the U2 fans.

Originally posted by U2 Beginner

From where the shop has no name. :shifty :

There are a lot of hat shops there (I believe with no names). How do I explain? :hmm : You know where GAP is? After you come out of GAP, turn right and start walking up the street, after about 5-7 minutes you'll find a few hat shops almost in a row.

Hope this helps

Thanks i live up north and haven't been to Oxford Street for a while so i have no idea where you mean. The directions will help if i go down to london though. Thanks for the description. :D :yes:

I was hoping it was a chain store with stores around the country. Just my luck. :lol:

Here r the hats I mentioned.... me and my little treasure in the first pic! Notice the Emporio Armani RED shades.

:wink:

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom