BRUUUCE! Or: What Dana had to say bout the concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DML

War Child
First off: THE CONCERT WAS AWESOME! I was 20 FEET AWAY FROM BRUCE AND LITTLE STEVEN! :drool: and if it wasn't for The World's Tallest Man in front of me, I would have had a better shot of lookin at him, but luckily this nice chap was kind enough to let me stand next to him to see better, but some rude man and his big haired wife weasled their way in front of me, and if that wasn't bad enough, they just STOOD there and didn't seem like they were enjoying the concert. :mad: they could have shoved over so the short me could see.

Anyway. Bruce was fantastic. He played the one song I NEEDED to hear ('Badlands'), but I can't remember the rest of the setlist as it was a complete blur. I know he played a lot of stuff from The Rising (of course ;) ) and he played Darlington County and Glory Days and we got them to play one more song at the end, Dancing in the Dark, and I'm not a fan of that song, but golly in concert it was great. And they did a different version of No Surrender which was realllly good. If I could have had half as much energy as he did. Whoo. I couldn't have asked for a better concert and if I had the money, I'd go see him in Tampa tomorrow. And I wish I brought my camera cause I was so close.

BUT Boo to TD Waterhouse...their GA arrangement wasn't so great.

I don't know if these pictures are gonna show up, but here are some pics from Orlando Sentinal's website:

5554990.jpg

5554966.jpg

5554482.jpg

I'm glad you enjoyed it so much Dana-yes, he is so INCREDIBLE, isn't he? :bow: :bow: Any of you ladies who haven't seen him in concert, you really should try when he returns in 2003 *hopefully*

Thanks for your review-and here's the setlist

:drool: :drool:

The Rising
Lonesome Day
No Surrender
Candy's Room
Empty Sky
You're Missing
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Darlington County
It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City
Worlds Apart
Badlands
She's the One
Mary's Place
Human Touch
The Promise
Into the Fire

Encores
Glory Days
Born to Run
Detroit Medley
My City of Ruins
Born in the USA
Land of Hope and Dreams
Dancing in the Dark

Candy's Room, Human Touch, DETROIT MEDLEY!!!??? :shocked: Man! Must've been an awesome show. Just imagine what he'll be throwing in by next summer. I was on the floor (not in the pit) in Philly and a whole lot of wankers came pushing and shoving through to go for beers or whatever during "You're Missing." I agree, DITD is so much better live, especially since it was reworked for this tour. Glad you had such a great time.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm so glad you had a good time!!!! Did they sing Happy Birthday or anything for Steven? :shifty: :love: :drool:

No...Bruce didn't talk much at the concert, apart from introducing the band...although he called Steven 'Orlando Steve'

Oh and I read in the paper that there were people there who have been to EVERY show! :ohmy: I wanna know how one has the money and time to do such a thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom