Bright End of Nowhere pt 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
i meant to post this part earlier but stuff came up.
disclaimer: all fiction

Vik left the arena but didn’t grab a cab to get back to the hotel electing to walk instead. She was feeling restless and hoped a walk would help clear her head.

The comments had hit a little to close to home. After all she was dating Edge now instead of just being his friend, so how did that look? How would everyone react when that news got out? The more she thought about it, the worse it looked.

Vik punched the brick wall outside of the hotel in frustration. “Goddamn it, this is why emotions are dangerous. I knew that and I still fell in love with him, and I told him, I just didn’t ignore it. I’m such an idiot, such a fucking idiot.”

The outburst hadn’t helped, now her hand hurt. She slumped down against the wall and sat there looking at her feet trying to will the emotions away and find the centre of unfeeling calm that she was so used to.

A shadow fell across where she was sitting and she didn’t have to look up to know it was Edge.

“Go away.”

He sighed sitting down beside her. “I don’t think so.”

“I think you should.”

“Why?”

“Because it’ll only cause problems. We’ll only cause problems. Everyone will just think that what he was saying was right and then everyone looks bad.”

“James doesn’t matter.”

Vik shook her head. “I didn’t say he did. I just don’t think it would ever work out; too many people would end up looking bad. The press would have a field day with it when they found out, especially after what happened today.”

Edge didn’t say anything for a while. “What are you really afraid of, everyone’s opinion or the fact that you’ve just opened yourself up to a whole bunch of emotions that you’re not used to?”

Vik’s temper flared. “Oh so you’re the psychologist now. Figuring that all the problems are just me, just like everyone else does. Because I’m the one who thinks it’s better not to feel because you just get hurt and I changed that so it automatically means that I’ve turned into a nut case.”

“That’s not what I meant,” Edge said softly. “I just wanted to know why your opinion changed so fast.”

“Because I thought about it. I sure as hell don’t fit into your world, and everyone knows what it looks like if I try. So maybe we should just forget it, save both of us the pain.”

“So you’re not going to allow the chance, because you’re too afraid of the pain? You could survive the press’s attention, it won’t kill you.”

“Don’t try to talk to me about pain, ok? You grew up with a very privileged lifestyle, you get to have the spoiled rock star life style. You have family and friends that love you, fans that love you and the worst thing that’s ever happened to you is your wife left you. That hardly qualifies as real hurt, but to someone who has everything it can be.”

“That’s what you think about me? That I’m just some spoiled rock star who’s whining about what little things gone wrong in his perfect life?” Edge’s voice cracked at the end of this statement.

He started to get up and move away but Vik grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back down beside her.

“That’s not what I meant. It’s just I’m angry and I’m frustrated and I’m taking it out on you when I shouldn’t.” She buried her face in her hands. “I just don’t know anymore, I’m too confused to think straight.”

Edge reached over and enveloped her in a hug pulling her against his chest and placing a kiss on the top of her head. Vik wraps her arms around his waist holding onto him tightly as if she was afraid to let go.

if all goes well i'll have the next part up tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom