Bright End of Nowhere pt 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
next part as promised :)
disclaimer: all fiction

Edge stood outside ignoring the rain pouring down around him and instead focusing on the warmth of Vik’s body pressed up against his chest and the feeling of her breath against his neck. Vik had slipped her hands inside his jacket and wrapped her arms around his waist. This was actually the first time he’d felt her completely relaxed and he marvelled at the fact that he could make he feel comfortable enough to relax.

There was a bang as the door opened and he looked up to see Willy.

“Ahh…I…umm...Edge…ahh…Bono was looking for you.” Then he fled.

Vik sniggered. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen him look that embarrassed.”

Edge smiled into her hair. “We should probably go back in, at least before Bono finds his way out here.”

Vik frowned, “He’s going to kill me. The only reason he’s been leaving me alone in because I told him I wasn’t interested in dating you and he believed me.”

“I’ll deal with Bono,” said Edge. “It’s not like I don’t have enough experience doing that.”

“I don’t want to be the cause of a fight between you though.”

Edge shrugged. “We’ve fought before, everything from arguments to fist fights so we’ll get over it.”

He held the door open for her then followed her inside. They’d only taken a few steps when Larry cornered them.

“We have to do an interview.”

Edge blinked in surprise. “Just you and me?”

“That’s right and if you hadn’t finally shown up it just would have been me.”

“Wouldn’t that have been a tragedy. You would have had to actually talk with the press for the entire interview.”

Larry scowled. “Very funny. Now lets go, we’re already late as it is.”

“I’ll see you later,” Edge said to Vik.

She nodded. “Sure. Now go before Larry drags you out of here.”

Vik turned away and headed in the direction of the stage remembering that she’d ran off in the middle of a job and she hoped there hadn’t been too much trouble because of it.

“Well look who finally showed up,” another technician quipped as she walked up. “And here we thought we’d have to fix this mess all on our own.”

Vik glared at him. “Something came up, alright, so shut your mouth smart ass.”

He straightened. “Funny that you’re the only one who can get away with walking out in the middle of something, though I guess that comes from being so close to the band…”

Vik gave him the look that she’d honed growing up at the orphanage, the look that said: “shut up and go away, right away, do not pass go, do not collect $200”.

There was a long tense silence as they glared at one another, then Bono walked up.

“Vik, I need a word with you.”

The other technician snorted and turned away.

‘Brilliant timing Bono,’ Vik thought ‘now he’ll be sure that anything he was thinking is true.’

She was surprised that he turned and walked away from the others and just didn’t start firing his mouth off for everyone to hear.

“About Edge,” he said after a minute of silence.

‘How does he know already?’ Vik wondered. ‘Unless Willy told him.’

“I know I’ve been a downright bastard about you being around him since the start of the tour…”

Vik stopped walking in surprise.

Bono frowned, “what?”

“Repeat what you just said, because I’m sure I heard you incorrectly.”

“I said that I’ve been a downright bastard about you being around Edge.”

“That’s what I thought you said. You’re sure you’re feeling alright because it definitely isn’t like you to apologise about anything you’ve done, it’s just assumed that I’m in the wrong.”

“Point taken. I’ve just been worried about Edge because he’s been having such a rough time with the break up with his wife and, well, he wasn’t himself at the beginning of the tour so I was trying to protect him. The thing is all of us tried really hard to pull Edge out of the depression he was in but it didn’t work, so we worried more. But then he made friends with you and slowly he seemed to start becoming alright again, it just took me a while to see it. Then Aislinn showed up today and I finally figured out that you weren’t the one I had to protect Edge from. So yeah, this is an apology for acting like a bastard all tour.”

Vik squinted up at the ceiling. “I’m waiting for the giant asteroid or whatever to come and wipe us all out.” She looked back down at him with a crooked grin. “Apology accepted.”

“Good. If your going to continue to be friends or whatever with Edge I didn’t want you thinking that I’m a complete jerk.”

“And the fact that you just said ‘friends or whatever’ means?”

Bono sighed. “I guess it’s my way of saying that you can date him if you want.”

“Oh good, now we have your approval it should save an argument later.”

Bono raised an eyebrow. “Is that you’re way of telling me that you’re already dating him?”

“As of this afternoon, yes.”

“How did I know?” Bono asked himself out loud. Vik simply shrugged in reply.

so what does everyone think?

Back
Top Bottom