Brand new Edge pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:

theedge05.jpg

this has got to be one of the sexiest Edge pictures ever!!! :sick: :sick:

He really looks gorgeous!

So does Gwen :sexywink:

I can't wait to watch this! :D

A few more from VH1

4309.jpg

4279.jpg

Okay, how cute is he? I was thinking back to other times The Edge has been invited to induct people into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame and I am so glad that in this case it actually made sense, that he was inducting a band that truly influenced his music and his life and that he wasn't there to induct some guitar slinger just because he's a guitar player.

I don't know if I totally agree with that. I think it was great that he was chosen to induct the Clash but I also think it made perfect sense for him to induct the Yardbirds. Look at the incredible guitar players that came out of that band. I think it was an honor that he, out of all of the guitar players that were around in 1992, was chosen to induct a band that both Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton came out of.

To me a gun slinger is someone like Eddie Van Halen. I don't think I've ever considered Eric Clapton to be a gun slinger. Jimmy Page, at times maybe, but not really because he was so influential. I don't know enough about Jeff Beck to say, but I wouldn't consider the Yardbirds gun slingers.

Just my take on his other inductions. I have no clue what, if any, others one he was involved in.

i agree withj arw's definition of gunslinger.

it does seem to make more sense though for him or anyone in u2 to induct the clash, though, because you don't hear them say "clapton was a huge infleunce on me" and so on...

IWasBored said:
i agree withj arw's definition of gunslinger.

it does seem to make more sense though for him or anyone in u2 to induct the clash, though, because you don't hear them say "clapton was a huge infleunce on me" and so on...

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Edge has never been one of those front-and-center, intricate, bluesy guitar solo kind of players, so I just thought it was random that he would be chosen to induct the Yardbirds, a group that bred three guitar gods, when it seems like Edge has always tried to distance himself from that type of playing. I'm sure they could have found someone a little more appropriate to do it but Edge was probably chosen because U2 was having a really great year at the time. Hopefully more thought will be put into whoever inducts U2 and we won't have to sit through a speech by Matchbox Twenty or someone equally stellar.

Off soapbox now, back to enjoying pics.

LOL these are all just really great. Its funny, you guys bring up eric clapton and i instantly think of this friend of mine who's a huge cream fan. He just loves classic rock and stuff, (And, *cough* always is wearing this leather jacket. Not that, it, um, makes me think of any certain guitarist though. ;) ) i was casually mentioning U2 one day and he just popped in and said "Wow! you like U2? I'm into some of the older stuff than them, but i thought JT was great..." And was able to pronounce Bono correctly w/o my instruction :p . Always a plus. LOL but moving on from that random tangent now....

I really wish i could have been at that ceremony...so many great artists....i mean EDGE! naturally ( :combust: ) but billy joel, elton john, sting, gwen stefani....that would have been so amazing.

in the name, of love! one night, in the name of love (i :heart: moulin rouge)

You know, i was just thinking, all those pictures of Edge while he was making his speech would make a great gif...:hmm: All his :cute: little hand gestures and stuff. I can't make them though....anyone up for it? :hyper:

I'm confused... did he wear the same T-shirt for the Musicares thing? :confused:

Attachments

• peopleedgechristynaomi.jpg
    peopleedgechristynaomi.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 29
I'm guessin' he packed light for the trip? LOL! Larry's also wearing that green jacket a lot... are they cutting down on expenses? :laugh:

what's on the shirt?

rockonedge, that would be cool for a gif. i don't have that kind of gif-making capapbilites though :( he waves his arms around a lot. even for the whole 20 seconds he was talking at the golden globe awards..it's cool.

Back
Top Bottom