Brand new Bono pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melpop

Acrobat
Bono testified in court today. He stood up for Peter Buck, member of REM, because he was accused of causing a disturbance on a British Airways flight...

Here are the piccies!

1017071218.4228276332.jpg

bucktrial_2.jpg

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Wha....????

I haven't heard anything about this! (Not that that's anything new, but still...)

I hope everything turns out okay!

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

It's back. The fight. So is anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning. The tears. Their eyes. Why isn't anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:

Do you happen to know the story behind the Peter Buck thing?

I remember a little while back he being accused of being drunk on a flight... Here's more info:

Buck, 45, is alleged to have gone on the rampage on board a British Airways flight
from Seattle to London on April 20 last year. It is claimed he sprayed cabin crew with
yoghurt and smashed crockery. He is alleged to have assaulted two cabin crew
members, that he mistook a food trolley for a CD player and tried to insert a disc into
it as well as trying to sit next to a female passenger he had never met, claiming that
she was his wife.

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Originally posted by Melpop:
It is claimed he sprayed cabin crew with yoghurt and smashed crockery.

that he mistook a food trolley for a CD player and tried to insert a disc into
it

BWAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!

*wipes tears from eyes*

Whew, I would have LOVED to have seen that!

He wasn't creating a disturbance, he was merely providing in-flight entertainment!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

It's back. The fight. So is anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning. The tears. Their eyes. Why isn't anyone giving way? It's just like in the beginning?

I remember a little while back he being accused of being drunk on a flight... Here's more info:

Buck, 45, is alleged to have gone on the rampage on board a British Airways flight
from Seattle to London on April 20 last year. It is claimed he sprayed cabin crew with
members, that he mistook a food trolley for a CD player and tried to insert a disc into
it as well as trying to sit next to a female passenger he had never met, claiming that
she was his wife.

Oh my, that doesn't seem like Peter at all. Liam Gallagher, yes. Remember the tale about him being thrown off a flight because an attendant refusedt to give him some rolls on her tray so he demanded them, then I think he stole them and had some kind of fit? There is an airline he is banned for life from LOL.

she was his wife.

And my local news reported that he got stuck between seats.
wink.gif

Thankyou for the pictures!!!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

frown.gif

poor Bono.. he looks like he doesn't want to be photographed.. poor thing I wish he actually got a BREAK on his breaks!

Damn he looks hot in a suit!!
biggrin.gif

Mona, we need to get back into organizing our plan to have Bono sue us so we get to see him in court.... but so that he doesn't hate us, and instead wants to hug us and smother us with kisses!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
frown.gif

poor Bono.. he looks like he doesn't want to be photographed.. poor thing I wish he actually got a BREAK on his breaks!

Nah, he looks great! He's just upset by the trial so he's not going to smile, and he's grimacing and squinting coming into the bright light from the dark courthouse. The sun hurts his eyes, just at that moment when they snapped the pic.

Thanks for the pics Melpop he does look hot. I wish the courts would get this Peter Buck thing sorted out. It seems like they've been dragging it out forever.
rolleyes.gif

Very true Jody....

But Bono is looking good!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Three o'clock in the morning
It's quiet and there's no one around
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel runs to ground

Just the bang
And the clatter
As an angel
Hits the ground

B-B-B-Bono! in a.....s-s-s-suit....!

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I just found out there's no such thing as the real world ~ Just a lie you've got to rise above" ~John Mayer

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

OMG here's a thought...can u imagine being a lawyer and having to cross examine a man as fiiiiiiinnnne as that?! i dunno 'bout u, but i don't think i'd do a very good job! i don't think drooling uncontrollaby (sp?) is very professional.

He sure gets around. Is it that, or just that he's more famous now so the news covers everything he does? Seems like there didn't used to be so much Bono coverage. Months used to pass without any sign of him, now his face is on the news wires every week!

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

I'd love to see one from inside the courtroom when he didn't have his shades on. Thanks for posting Melissa!

Quote from another news story:

He was wearing a black suit, black shirt and a single gold and silver ear-ring and had dispensed of the trademark wrap-around shades.

*SIGH*

Bono's American Wife: Anything about this on Wireimages?

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 03-26-2002).]

Here we go ladies!

From VH1.com:

Bono At Peter Buck's Trial: 'This Is Ridiculous'

By Corey Moss
03/25/2002

sq-bono_glasses_mtvn.jpg

U2's Bono
Photo: MTV News

Accused of drunken debauchery on an international flight last April, Peter Buck was painted a saint in his air rage trial Monday (March 25) by someone who would be considered a powerful witness in any courtroom: U2 singer and worldwide philanthropist Bono.

Providing character reference for the R.E.M. guitarist, who has pleaded not guilty to assault charges and all other allegations, Bono took the stand at Isleworth Crown Court for five minutes and testified that his friend "is famously known for being a peaceable person."

"I have never ever seen him drunk," Bono told the jury, according to reports. "I have absolutely never seen him taking drugs."

Bono said he couldn't believe his eyes when he read about the incident, in which Buck allegedly assaulted members of a British Airways flight crew and damaged crockery after they refused to continue serving him alcohol on a flight from Seattle to Heathrow Airport in London (see "Peter Buck Arrested For Busting Up First Class").

Buck's first trial was called off after one day in December (see "R.E.M.'s Buck To Be Retried For Air Rage Incident"). In the re-trial, which began March 18, prosecutors have claimed the guitarist drank about 15 glasses of wine in the first three hours of the flight before proceeding to mistake a hostess trolley for a CD player, claim a stranger was his wife and cover crew members with yogurt.
biggrin.gif

"This is ridiculous," Bono testified. "I just wanted to stand up and be counted. I don't know what must have happened to him. It is certainly a bizarre event and unusual. He is a very quiet man. It is hard to get him to go on tour because he loves his kids so much. I had to twist his arm to get him to a boxing match once because he thought it was too aggressive a sport."

Bono said he met Buck in 1985 when R.E.M. and U2 played at the Milton Keynes Bowl and has seen the guitarist yearly since then. "Our groups' work have been parallel for the same amount of years," he said. "They are one of the only groups who have had the same longevity as our group."

Buck testified last week that he downed a sleeping pill with a glass of wine and does not remember the events that occurred afterward.

The guitarist was flying overseas April 20 on his way to an R.E.M. performance at the South Africa Freedom Day Concert in London's Trafalgar Square on April 29. The other members of R.E.M. were on a different flight.

Buck's trial is scheduled to conclude later this week.

This report is from MTV News

------------------

Thanks for the story Hippyactress but that is an old pic, it dates back to before the album was released. I've seen other sites that use 'file' photos from the past. Those jeweled glasses are a dead giveaway, plus he looked so much -older- back then. Thanks for the update though.

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 03-27-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom