Boston 12/5 - Show 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I have to still write up the concert, but it will take me a while. Every moment something exciting was happening. What a show, what a band, so much perfection and fun! Is this Rock and Roll!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's photos from this nite- here are a few of mine..nothing too different than the usual snaps.

The confetti that night was just falling and falling, it never seemed to end, it was in my hair and eyes and swirled between my fingertips.
COBL.jpg

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
dedicated to Roy Orbison, thanks to a fan in the front of GA. :D After the song was finished, Bono thanked Roy for "the sunglasses".

Tonight's performance of the song was very strong. Bono smiled a bit during the line "we're so alike" but his emotions swelled high and this was the kind of performance where he seemed to be choked up during the song. He held the "sing" note longer than ever.

Sometimes.jpg

Sometimes2.jpg

I loved when he said "take this city's heart and keep it safe" :heart: the whole show was great, I loved Instant Karma. And the Santa/Elvis thing cracked me up. I had the cutest lady next to me who was in her sixties at least (in a seat of course, not GA :wink:), she seemed to have a great time.

I had a great spot on Sunday but unfortunately I didn't bring my camera in. All the better to focus on them, especially Edge :drool: I almost got to shake hands w/ Adam but not quite :(

Of course my favorite moments would have to include the Bono/Adam kisses :D

I like the pics, exp the shoe pic!

Mrs S I'm so glad you made it to the show!!! :hug: Did you hear the good news..?? :sexywink:

Here are photos from One. This is the best One photo I've gotten all tour of the lights. :heart:

One01.jpg

One02.jpg

great pics, olive!!! :up: especially the ones of Santa and Elvis...

:lmao: i actually met the guy dressed as Santa at the 11/21 MSG show- he was front and center inside the ellipse, and i was 2 people down the rail from him. he wore this awesome furry hat that night- see the pic below (he's wearing the green shirt and white furry hat). he wore it through most of the show, too- that guy can withstand the heat!

very nice guy, awesome to see he got onstage dressed as santa... :up:

17990100_9424-med.JPG

*Ally* said:
great pics, olive!!! :up: especially the ones of Santa and Elvis...

:lmao: i actually met the guy dressed as Santa at the 11/21 MSG show- he was front and center inside the ellipse, and i was 2 people down the rail from him. he wore this awesome furry hat that night- see the pic below (he's wearing the green shirt and white furry hat). he wore it through most of the show, too- that guy can withstand the heat!

very nice guy, awesome to see he got onstage dressed as santa... :up:

17990100_9424-med.JPG

OMG! I thought that looked like him, but then I thought...Nah, couldn't be! He was so hilarious w/ his furry hat and his skirt. I saw him in the ellipse in front too. You can kind of see my arm/part of my head (next to the girl in red) behind the security guy, between Bono and Adam.

I think he got his green sweatshirt signed by Bono too. I remember him walking back to the front of the GA line after Bono was out signing. Good for him!!!

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
dedicated to Roy Orbison, thanks to a fan in the front of GA. :D After the song was finished, Bono thanked Roy for "the sunglasses".

Tonight's performance of the song was very strong. Bono smiled a bit during the line "we're so alike" but his emotions swelled high and this was the kind of performance where he seemed to be choked up during the song. He held the "sing" note longer than ever.

GREAT photos!!!!!

That fan with the Orbison sign was me! I couldn't believe the reaction from Bono!! :D Funny thing is, I usually don't hold my signs up higher than my shoulders, and occasionally my nose, but when Bono was having a hard time reading it, I held it higher. While he was reading it, some girl whined about the sign blocking her view. Well, if the B-man wants me to hold it higher, guess what I'm gonna do!? After he read it, mission was accomplished. No more need to hold it up after that! And I thought that was it, how awesome...then when they did "She's a Mystery..." later on, I just FREAKED!! They did it for my birthday in Denver last April (my first show) but I wasn't expecting it this time!! BTW, this time, they weren't doing it for me. They were doing it for Roy!

That in itself made the show special for me, but then there was Santa and Elvis...that was hilarious!! He said he posts here - MarkElvis? You out there? I was #21 behind you on 12/4. You kept trying to leave me out - "As long as the first 20 get in..." :p LMAO, J/K, that whole thing was funny! And the Santa guy was a few people ahead of me in the fan club line on 12/5. He lit up a cigarette and someone teased him that he was gonna set his beard on fire. He said something using the F word and I teased him about tarnishing Santa's image. ROFLMAO!

That was my last show for this tour, unless some miracle occurs and I go to Mexico (I'm in dream mode, LOL) ...but man, WHAT A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna miss all this!!!

BTW I took HUNDREDS of photos. I'll share after the holidays. Gotta enhance some (lighten them up, etc.) When I get them up I'll post a link. I've got all year's photos to post. It'll give me something to do in the winter, which is the slowest time of the year for me usually. (Before the holidays, it's filling art orders as everyone wants them for Christmas gifts, and the usual "cramming for Christmas" that goes on every year! (Cards, parties, shopping, etc.)

Last edited:
So I remember reading about the plan to have the entire crowd hold up white during "One." How did that go over?

I wish I'd been at at least one of the Boston shows. I lived up there for two years and couldn't get tickets for any of the Elevation shows.:sad:

A lot of us held up white sheets of paper with ONE written on, but plenty didnt want to join in shame really as I think Bono got the idea.

I actually made my own poster knowing that people would be doing the white-out by wearing white or holding up white paper...didn't know they'd ber passing out sheets with "ONE" on them! I wonder why people didn't want to join in... :rolleyes: I got some really good shots wioth the confetti. I had to laugh when the guy with the blower came around in front of me but behind the security guard. The blower caught the security guard by surprise from behind... :lmao: at the look on his face! :D

Don't know where else to post this, but, the Roy Orbison web site has this on their site, referring to the 12/5 Boston show. They just posted it. :)

http://www.royorbison.com/index.htm?inc=newsMed&nws_id=5962

Yes, I talk about Roy on U2 forums sometimes...but I also talk about U2 on the Roy forum! LOL! The people doing Roy's fan club now (out of Barbara Orbison's office) wanted me to send them info on this, so I did. I thought it would be in the newsletter, but the next day it showed up on the web site! LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Here: Roy Orbison Postage Stamp Petition

Back
Top Bottom