Bored and trying to make a poll - Moving to another country? Where would you go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you had the money etc. to move to any country in the world - where would you go?

• Ireland

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • England

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • New Zeeland

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • South Africa

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Any other African country

• Russia

• China

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Japan

• India

• USA

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A country in South America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greenland

• A Scandinavian country

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A middle European Country

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • A eastern European Country

• A western European Country

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A southern European Country

• Any of the Arab countries

• None of the above...

• Total voters

Merc

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yeah yeah... I'm bored... No, actually I'm not... I'm trying to figure out how to move to another country... Not easy, I can tell you! :huh:

So, I was just wondering - If you could choose to move to any country on the planet - where you you go?! :hmm:

Please excuse the selection of countries... and I'm sorry if I left out any country you would like to live in... :D

Last edited:
Btw, forgot to mention which countries I would choose myself - the three most beautiful countries on earth IMHO...

...Norway, Ireland and South Africa... :yes:

...beautiful because of both their people and the nature! I hope that I once had the chance to live in all of the three countries - I'm starting with Norway in a few months! :hyper: :huh:

Last edited:
Would you believe.......Turkey? I'd practically kill to live in Istanbul. I know it's not the safest place in the world but my own home town has a treacherously high murder rate, so I'm at risk right here anywy.

Any country where they speak English. Other languages are beautiful, but I'm too stupid to learn them. :(

Somewhere in the British Isles or Scandinavia. :drool:
Probably London (yes, I know that's not a country. :tongue: ) because I :heart: it.

This thread makes me want to travel.

martha said:
I've always wanted to live in England.

I did too until I actually moved here. ;) I like Norwich, but I wasn't too impressed with Nottingham (though I might've liked it better if I'd had a better experience with the university) and I can't stand London (it 's too expensive and smells like pee EVERYWHERE). I think in a way it's equally as hard to adjust to life in another English-speaking country as it is to move to a non-English speaking one, just because everything seems so deceptively familiar but there are so many differences. I always forget that I don't live in the country where I'm from until I realize that I have no idea where to go to buy candles or how to get a NIS number or whatever.

My husband and I both want to live abroad for a year or so sometime in the next couple of years, but who knows where....probably another EU country just for ease of movement, but maybe somewhere else. I'd like to try Sweden, Germany, or Spain. I also like the idea of NZ, Oz, or Canada, but probably not any time soon.

I've wanted to live in Ireland since i knew what the country was. When i first heard celtic music i was like OMG!!! I don't know when i first learned about ireland (i was VERY young though) but i've wanted to go ever since

First choice, hands down, no competition: Ireland!! And not JUST because that's where our boys call home (although that does rank as one sweeeeet incentive!! :) ) I've wanted the opportunity to live in Ireland for several months to a year for as long as I can remember. The best I can do right now though, is plan for my trip in 2007. It'll be the honeymoon my Boo & I never had and our 15th wedding anniversary. Shit! - I'm getting old!!! :huh:

Edited to say: SWEET!!! I just made Acrobat with this post about Ireland. Too perfect! :tongue:

Last edited:
wow, people actually want to move to america? neat!
nobody wants to live where i do, trust me.
apart from the whole beach thing its pretty crappy.
of course i would choose ireland!:lol:
i wanted to live there before i was a psycho u2 freak though.
i was obsessed with the irish when i was about ten years old, lol.
the irish, and the wizard of oz.
maybe i was a little weird

hippy said:
Why am I not surprised that Ireland has the most votes? ;)

I would like to live in Europe somewhere. Anywhere but the US right now. :|

Yeah, no joke. Honestly, I know I'd go clinically insane living in Ireland or the UK. I can stand rain or things like "mild temperatures" :yawn: Kim, you can move there and I'll take your place ok?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I can stand rain or things like "mild temperatures"

You should've lived here two summers ago (2003). The temperature reached a record high....around 100 degrees F. NOT AT ALL fun in a country where the vast majority of homes (and a lot of businesses) don't have air conditioning because there's usually no need for it. I HATE hot weather, so it was absolute torture for me. :down:

Back
Top Bottom