Boomspeed gone?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I just tried to post a pic and it came up as a red x and so did my sig! Then I saw another person's boomspeed sig do the same thing. I went to the site, but it gave me a search page that told me it didn't exist! :yikes: Then I tried to go right to the log in page and it could not be displayed! Any other boomspeed users having problems? They'd better not disappear on us since we have already paid! :madspit:

I've been having problems with Boomspeed also so I went to the help forum and this is what I found out.

"We are rebooting one of our servers. Please be patient We expect to be back up in a few more minutes barring any further problems."

that was from the boomspeed tech support.

aaaah, rebooting servers, now THAT is a tricky business. I highly doubt they'd pull a service that people pay for. Give it at least a day (a server reboot is not like a normal computer boot) and everything should be fine.

This thread is kind of sad with all those red x's! I hope everyone's back up soon.

*hugs Snapfish for the first time ever*

This is the most current message from boomspeed support.

"We know what the problem is and are working to resolve it. We will keep you updated on our progress. As most of you know this is a very rare outage occurence.
We appreciate your patience and understanding."

at least we all know that something is being done about this problem.

It's good to see the pics are back! :happy:

But no I still can't log in :grumpy:

My sig comes and goes...:sigh: :banghead: At least we know they're trying and it's not a deadly problem.

The latest on our beloved Boomspeed.

"As everyone is well aware of, Boomspeed suffered a major outage lasting from 12:11pm Thursday 11/13/03 through around 1:20am Friday morning 11/14/03 . The cause of the error is known (MAJOR power surges & brownouts in our building causing unexpected system problems). We worked all afternoon and night and restored the system from backups (LOTS of data takes a LOT of time to rebuild & restore) and had the system back up around 1:20am.
We are still experiencing some performance slowdowns while the drive arrays rebuild themselves which should be finished sometime this (Friday) late afternoon. While the system is rebuilding the drive arrays, there might be some times where it is completely unreachable for minutes at a time and this is unavoidable but once this is complete, everything should return back to normal.

We do apologize for the extent of the outage and are working to keep it from happening again."

William Devine, II
Greg Deeter
Billy McIver
Your BoomSpeed.Com Support Team.

Last edited:
Mine is disappearing again :( Anybody else notice anything wrong?

Oh I see my sig works, but some other stuff doesn't? :huh: What's wrong with them?

U2Kitten said:
:huh: What's wrong with them?

I doubt there's anything wrong with them, I mean, they're not trying to personally sabatoge our accounts, but if they have suffered the damages described above, I know how it feels. We did some maintainence of our most popular file servers this summer and it was complete torture for the following month. For some reason, the new system just wouldn't take and our primary file server went down at least once a day (and then I get 100 calls in 30 minutes asking what happened and people venting ALL of their frusterations about computers to me, like it's really MY fault :rolleyes: ). So, please, cut them some slack and give them time to work out the kinks. It's not as easy as it seems.

verte76 said:
I'd hate to work for one of these companies. The pressure must be terrible. Ugh.

It can be such a bitch sometimes. Especially if you're already having a bad day, and get a call from someone who's pissed off about some STUPID little unecessary thing...sometimes I just want to shout into the phone, one of my best friend's is dying at this very minute do you really think I care about your dumb little computer problem? gah! I always make an effort to help the polite people first.

Looks like things are okay now :) I never thought anybody was sabotaging my account or anything! I never even said anything to them. When I see a problem I ask here to see if it's just my account (see I recently went through some financial problems and I had to change my method of payment so I was thinking that could be it) or if others had problems. I'm also worried the entire site may just vanish overnight as some others have. That's a big fear because I have over 60 K of pics stored there! If it's only a temporary problem, I'll just sit and wait. I never even complained to them. The only time I ever even emailed them was one time they accidently billed me triple, and they took it off and apologized. They are a nice company and I hope they never go under.

I'd be *pissed* if anything happened to my Snapfish pix, but crud happens. That's why I'm keeping all of the pix on my hard disk. I'll still have them.

Good for you Verte, keep them! I have lost so many pics before on services- worst of all was the 1100 I lost on webshots :mad: But I always saved them on my computer so I could rebuild a collection, tedious as it is with so many, but at least I still had them. I always tell girls PLEASE don't EVER think your pics are safe once you upload them to a website or a service. Many services delete your pics or shut down without warning. U2page gave warning but went down with hundreds of pics. Other sites too. The only place they're safe is with you, and hope your computer holds out!

U2Kitten said:
Good for you Verte, keep them! I have lost so many pics before on services- worst of all was the 1100 I lost on webshots :mad: But I always saved them on my computer so I could rebuild a collection, tedious as it is with so many, but at least I still had them. I always tell girls PLEASE don't EVER think your pics are safe once you upload them to a website or a service. Many services delete your pics or shut down without warning. U2page gave warning but went down with hundreds of pics. Other sites too. The only place they're safe is with you, and hope your computer holds out!

...and back them up to CD-RW every few months b/c in the end, your computer won't hold out either!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

...and back them up to CD-RW every few months b/c in the end, your computer won't hold out either!

That's right. I've had hard disk drive failure and had to try to salvage a damn *school paper* from it. That was a tough intro to scanning.

Back
Top Bottom