Bono's Words Of Healing And Reconciliation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My PLEBA Friends,

After some of the posts which have appeared here in the last few days, I REALLY felt I wanted to offer this post as a symbol of ONENESS for all of us :heart:

Bono has given us SO MANY beautiful lyrics which have continued to elevate and inspire us through the years. But there is ONE song for me that I truly encapsulates the essence of Bono's hopes and wishes for the world. That song is "BAD". :bono:

Bono wrote that song about a time when all around him was a sense of confusion, separation, isolation and condemnation. The writing of "BAD" would be a release of these feelings for him. It stands as one of the most moving and soul-stirring songs he has ever written.:yes:

So, I will offer these words to all of us to hopefully begin a Healing process in all of us so that we can RECONCILE any differences between us and go forward POSITIVELY with each other as Brothers and Sisters - WHICH IS WHAT BONO WOULD WANT FROM US!:hug:

I pray that these words bring us closer together.

If you twist and turn away If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, you know I would let it go
Surrender Dislocate
If I could throw this lifeless lifeline to the wind
Leave this heart of clay
See you walk away into the night, through the rain
If I could through myself set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away See you break away
into the night to the day
into the half-light through the flame
Let it go and so to fade away
To let it go and so to fade away....

If I could, you know I would
If I could I would Let it go
This desparation, separation, condemnation, in temptation, revelation, isolation, desolation, isolation - Let it go

Thank you, Bono, for these words of Healing and Reconciliation.:heart:

May we have the wisdom to follow them. Peace and Love.:yes: :up: :bono: :hug:

Jamila,

I love what you just wrote. If you would be interested in writing an essay/analysis exploration on your post, please email and let me know :)

~C

Back
Top Bottom