Bono's wife says he's no love-cheat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Friday, 09 September , 2005, 17:15

Washington: U2 frontman Bono has got his wife, Ali Hewson's backing on the fidelity front, even though she is aware of the tremendous temptations he must be facing with hordes of besotted female fans desperate to catch his eye.

And while she admits that a lot of things did probably go on when his band shot to fame in the early 80's, she would rather not know the intricate details of the happenings.

"There was a lot of stuff going on". "Hopefully I'll never know. I don't think it was that kind of rock 'n' roll. Then again, I wasn't there," ratethemusic quoted her, as saying.

:hmm:

It's nice to know that she trusts him, but like she says....."I wasnt there."

Good to know that they have a strong relationship that has can withstand the rock n' roll lifestyle :)

BONO'S WIFE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH NEW FAME

Rocker BONO's wife ALI HEWSON is ruing one side-effect to the success of her new clothing company - she has lost her anonymity.

Hewson is the figurehead of ethical clothing line Edun, which was launched to support communities in the developing world - but raising its profile has forced her to step out of her musician husband's shadow.

She says, "I knew that if we really wanted to make a difference with this company, that would be an important part.

"I didn't have any other skills to be honest. I don't regret it. I just get a fright when somebody recognises me in America - that's never happened before."

BONO'S WIFE: 'I FEARED I'D LOSE MY HUSBAND'

The wife of Irish rock legend BONO always feared his band's success would split up their marriage.

The U2 frontman met his future spouse ALI HEWSON when he was just 13, but when the BEAUTIFUL DAY hitmakers were propelled to stardom she worried that it could spell the end of their relationship.

But the 44-year-old mother reveals, "We were lucky. We just held on."

Hewson believes the period taught her a lot about what makes a successful marriage: "It's about survival.

"It's to do with realising that you can't own somebody - you can just share the crazy experience with them. It seems to have worked."

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Yeah, they are not the best, that´s for sure. To me, they are the online version of a tabloid. lol

I bet you that if we ever find the original article, there is no direct quote that will say "I feared I'd lose my husband."

I seem to recall that there was an article where an interviewer asked her that, and she said yes but they (she and Bono) sat down and talked about it.

So if anyone goes ":ohmy: ", I will personally come over to your house and wash out your keyboard with soap, because I hate that kind of :censored: .

:DForgive me for being fiesty, I've been spending too much time in FYM this week apparently. :reject:

Last edited:
The first think I thought was: Ummm...That doesn´t sound liek something Ali would say". I mean, of course she might have felt a little bit nervous when Bono started getting famous, who wouldn´t? But she doesn´t strike me as someone who would panick like that.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
The first think I thought was: Ummm...That doesn´t sound liek something Ali would say". I mean, of course she might have felt a little bit nervous when Bono started getting famous, who wouldn´t? But she doesn´t strike me as someone who would panick like that.

contactmusic has done that before - put something in the title in quotes that the person never actually says in the article.

but thank you for the heads up, Flavia. When they do this, it usually means that there is a new article out there somewhere :).

Why don't they identify they're sources? :rant: :sigh:

context clues: the first article mentions Washington . . . :lol:

Last edited:
Niamh_Saoirse said:
Friday, 09 September , 2005, 17:15

Washington: U2 frontman Bono has got his wife, Ali Hewson's backing on the fidelity front, even though she is aware of the tremendous temptations he must be facing with hordes of besotted female fans desperate to catch his eye.

And while she admits that a lot of things did probably go on when his band shot to fame in the early 80's, she would rather not know the intricate details of the happenings.

"There was a lot of stuff going on". "Hopefully I'll never know. I don't think it was that kind of rock 'n' roll. Then again, I wasn't there," ratethemusic quoted her, as saying.

:eyebrow:

Sounds like they're getting her confused w/ Kate Hudson, "If you focus your attention on that, then you are always wondering if your husband or men are out there cheating on you. If for some reason, that's what he has to go do, I just don't want to know. As long as things are good in our house, just please, don't get caught."

if you just read the actual quotes from ali in these snips, she does not say anything too shocking.
all the other words surrounding those quotes are not hers and they can be arranged to make her actual quotes say something way more outrageous than her actual meaning.
i know you guys know that.
but as we know, a lot of people just jump to conclusions....

caragriff said:
if you just read the actual quotes from ali in these snips, she does not say anything too shocking.
all the other words surrounding those quotes are not hers and they can be arranged to make her actual quotes say something way more outrageous than her actual meaning.
i know you guys know that.
but as we know, a lot of people just jump to conclusions....

No one's jumping to any conclusions. The point is that there's no actual article, no context given, and they come for a very sketchy source. There's no reason to believe she even said those things, or meant what they're implying when she said them.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

No one's jumping to any conclusions. The point is that there's no actual article, no context given, and they come for a very sketchy source. There's no reason to believe she even said those things, or meant what they're implying when she said them.

i know, i know.
i definitely did not mean to say anyone here is jumping to conclusions.
but the lame "journalist" who wrote the article is obviously jumping to a conclusion.
and a lot of other people reading that will jump to conclusions. that's all i was saying.

caragriff said:

i know, i know.
i definitely did not mean to say anyone here is jumping to conclusions.
but the lame "journalist" who wrote the article is obviously jumping to a conclusion.
and a lot of other people reading that will jump to conclusions. that's all i was saying.

ah, ok! thanks for clarification.

I remember a quote from bono years and years ago where somebody asked him if he ever cheated on Ali. He said something along the lines of "I have too much respect for her to talk about that" which left me scratching my head a little.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
BONO'S WIFE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH NEW FAME

Rocker BONO's wife ALI HEWSON is ruing one side-effect to the success of her new clothing company - she has lost her anonymity.

"I didn't have any other skills to be honest. I don't regret it. I just get a fright when somebody recognises me in America - that's never happened before."

She never was anonymous to us :happy: We always knew her through our PLEBA pics.

I don't know how she stayed anonymous so long! I saw a picture of Bono at an event a year or two ago. He was walking across the street with Ali, and it was captioned "Bono and unidentified companion." I felt so sorry for her, 20+ years of marriage and you're still 'unidentitifed companion.' But it must have come in handy being able to just walk around and go to the store like a regular person, unlike him.

Believe me, I'm not trying to be a wiseass, I am sincere, but also curious, I have to ask: is it against forum rules to post anything about Ali that isn't flattering or complimentary? Even reading that back, it sounds bad, but it is an honest question, really.

No, of course it's not! Nobody is perfect and I'm sure she has her flaws like the rest of us, but some people seem to tend to have a go at her every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom