Bono's wardrobe choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
i was wondering today.... bono's wardrobe choices, ie: the new angel-wing hoodie... do you think he shops like any other normal person and looks in stores and just picks out what he wants off the shelve? he would have to be so conscious to not get something that so many other people wear. OR do you think he gets all his clothes made specially for him? so basically my question is, do you think he walks around a store and sees the angel-wing hoodie and picks it up, tries it on, and buys it. or does he dream up the idea of a hoodie with wings on the back, and then get someone to specailly make it for him?

does she bring in and suggest clothes to them? or just go out and retrieve the band's demands (drempt up ideas)

and i thought this was more for stage clothes, not personal clothes (bono's military hats, angel wing hoodie)

Most of the stuff for stage is custom made. Sharon and Fintan Fitzgerald, as all other collaborators, are usually brought in while the recording is still happening to listen to the new songs and discuss what they're going for. Then she goes off and scouts designers etc. and pitches ideas to the guys. Pretty much everything for the stage shows is custom made. The U2 Show portions on wardrobe are great!

I think he goes to stores for every day stuff, but as the others explained everything they wear on stage is custom made. I can't wait to see Bono's jackets in particular!

verte76 said:
I can't wait to see Bono's jackets in particular!

So I'm I. They usually are awesome. But I don't think he will be wearing any in August, with a temperature around 40 degrees Celsius.:D

Last edited:
I think Bono usually picks out his own stuff. I don't think any of them would wear something they didn't like even if a stylist gave it to them.

Yup, as I mentioned... ideas are pitched to them and they even meet with a few select designers as suggested by Sharon (and Fintan)... nothing is really handed saying here, wear this don't care if you like it or not... :wink:

Again, this is according to what I recall from U2 Show

Last edited:
I wonder who thought this was a good idea?

b854d712.jpg

u2granny said:

I know, I lived it.:(

Me too, but I was a baby. I can't remember much, but the clothes I'm wearing in my pictures are :yikes: , except for the cute little :cute: dresses my mom used to sew for me.

Last edited:
In one of my favorite pictures of me as a child I'm wearing a tie-dyed pink shirt and plaid pants.

Thank god the 70s will never come around again! :yikes:

miss becky said:
In one of my favorite pictures of me as a child I'm wearing a tie-dyed pink shirt and plaid pants.

Actually, the 70s ARE back and have been for a couple years now. Check out the womens' clothing at the store. Bell bottoms, platforms, long sweaters with tie belts, jean jackets, and most of the tops could have come right from the 70's! :yes:

Personally, I dig the 70's look :D What Bono is wearing in that pic is a fake space suit for the Life on a Distant Planet theme. I think Bono has wonderful taste in clothes and I have always enjoyed whatever he's worn (except the muscle shirt :no: )

U2Kitten said:

Actually, the 70s ARE back and have been for a couple years now. Check out the womens' clothing at the store. Bell bottoms, platforms, long sweaters with tie belts, jean jackets, and most of the tops could have come right from the 70's! :yes:

Personally, I dig the 70's look :D What Bono is wearing in that pic is a fake space suit for the Life on a Distant Planet theme. I think Bono has wonderful taste in clothes and I have always enjoyed whatever he's worn (except the muscle shirt :no: )

Thanks for the info on the still. I was perusing my pics and couldn't remember where those came from.:wink:

miss becky said:

tHE 70S are back just more stylized...I love all my boot cut jeans and I wear cute 70 style tops, I am hunting for 70s tie up boots
to wear with my sort-of babydoll 70s dresses....
I like the 60s fashion too....

Love the muscle shirt! And I love Edge's cowboy outfit worn during POP as well. Actually, I loved the whole POP concept... album, concert....arches,lemon, olive, and them playing in Sarajevo.
I hope to hear "Please" during the Vertigo tour.

Back
Top Bottom