Bono's trophy case

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Thanks to Martha, Sweepie and Verte76 who had this idea: a Bono day thread devoted to his many awards and honorss! :happy:

Post all the pics you can find of him holding, wearing or standing by one of his trophies, medals, gold records or other awards!

Starting with the most recent, his Meteor Award for 2003

bonomet.jpg

His French Legion of Honor

2003medal

Does anybody have a pic of him holding his trophy from MusiCares?

Last edited:
yay! great thread!

Free your mind award 1999:

ema1999_bono_free_your_mind_award05.jpg

MTV VMA 1992:
vma1992_u2_best_group_video02.jpg

Brit awards 2001:
bono.gif

Free your mind award 1994:
mtv.jpg

NRJ Music awards (2000?)
3369%3B33923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D67%3A%3D846%3Dxroqdf%3E2323335453593ot1lsi

Thanks Ana and teehee! Some of those I'd been looking for and some I hadn't even heard of! :hug:

The blue ribbon gold medal was the Simon Weisenthal Humanitarian of the Year Award

I mislabeled the 1987 Grammy, it was for the year 1987 but the year of the Grammy awards was 1988. Just wanted to correct that.

More awards!

Something from Harvard University in 2001

2001proudbono.jpg

MusiCares Man of the Year 2003 (in Clinton's hand)

2003mcclinton.jpg

2002 Meteor Awards

2002met.jpg

DOES ANYBODY HAVE:

last year's Irish American Historical Society Award

1992 Grammy Awards

Last edited:
I might have found last year's Irish American Awards (Thank you, Google!) It's VERY tiny, and I'm not even sure the award is there, but oh well.
doc-3421-prv.jpg

I think it's last year, anyway; the page is in French and what I remember from high school could order me a sandwich and get me to the bathroom and that's it.
Here's one that's too cute not to post from a different page with the same little pic, announcing he won MusiCares:
bono100702.JPG

Caption: Bono contimplates adding a new wing to his house to store the awards he won this past month
Working on 1992 Grammies...the page is very sloooww...or it only shows Eric Clapton who is great but not Bono...

Last edited:
Sweepie said:
I'm really surprised at how many he has! Go Bono! :up:

No kidding...practically everywhere he goes he gets an award of some kind for something.

Not that I'm complaining...I'm very proud of Bono. All these awards he has, he deserves, for all the hard work he does. Yay for him. :). *Pumps fist in the air and cheers*

Great idea for a thread.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
...I'm very proud of Bono. All these awards he has, he deserves, for all the hard work he does. Yay for him. :). *Pumps fist in the air and cheers*

Angela

Absolutely. It's amazing what this guy has accomplished. Bravo!!
*throws both fists in the air*
*does dance*

Ana said:
can the next meeting be about him with chicks? I found some were he just looks so :drool: and I get envious of the girls that stand/get hugged by him :angry:

Wadda ya say? :hyper:

That'd be a great PLEBA thread. Of course the girls should be us, but.......any Bono pix..............:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored:

Good idea Ana! :yes: We'll do that next week, have some pics lined up!

Does anybody have a picture/video of last years Top Of The Pops awards?? U2 won Best Rock Act. I think thats what they won. They weren't at the awards ceremony but they had taped a little "acceptance speech". Well, they sang it. It was hilarious. Anyway, I wish someone could frind that.

:wave:

Sorry, I don't know about that one :huh:

Ana, if you're around on Wed. will you do the honor of starting the thread? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom