Bono's suuuhhweeeet new ride!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Thanks Jennifer!!!

she found this on u2log.com

CLimage.jpg

This, according to the Irish Star, is Bono's most recent buy: a 150,000 Euro Mercedes Benz CL-500 with all the trimmings.

------------------
You see your love made complete

www.u2takemehigher.com

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

I read that it came equipped with the state of the art "parktronic" system, a sonar device that keeps you from crashing into curbs, other parked cars, people etc...with Bono's reported driving skills, a very necessary feature!

gah, what a great car. *is envious*

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

I know we all choose our battles, and I'm sure Bono does as well, but for a person who wants to make such a difference in the world, it would seem he'd choose a more environmentally friendly vehicle. This car gets 16 to 21 mpg. Now, if Bono chose to buy a hybrid vehicle or perhaps a Biodiesel TDI (which I'm sure Mercedes makes), then a lot of folks out there would probably consider looking into these vehicles. Or maybe, the world really doesn't listen to him and it doesn't make a difference anyway. But I think he WANTS for people to listen to him. So, I'm sure ya'll are gonna get mad at me for expressing this opinion, especially in light of how this forum has been going lately.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I read that it came equipped with the state of the art "parktronic" system, a sonar device that keeps you from crashing into curbs, other parked cars, people etc...with Bono's reported driving skills, a very necessary feature!

LMAO ... Yes ... it does seem that our dear Bono needs all of the help he can get.

I just need to find a way to prevent others from crashing into me. I was in two car accidents (both not my fault) almost exctly a year apart. The most recent one (back in October) totaled my car. It was good and bad. It was bad because of the accident, but good because I now have the car I have been dying to get since it first came out 3 years ago ... a PT Cruiser.

limited_edition_lg.jpg

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by ballykissangel:
I know we all choose our battles, and I'm sure Bono does as well, but for a person who wants to make such a difference in the world, it would seem he'd choose a more environmentally friendly vehicle. This car gets 16 to 21 mpg. Now, if Bono chose to buy a hybrid vehicle or perhaps a Biodiesel TDI (which I'm sure Mercedes makes), then a lot of folks out there would probably consider looking into these vehicles. Or maybe, the world really doesn't listen to him and it doesn't make a difference anyway. But I think he WANTS for people to listen to him. So, I'm sure ya'll are gonna get mad at me for expressing this opinion, especially in light of how this forum has been going lately.
Noone will get mad at you, the new saying for the forum is "Everyone has a right to his/her opinion". Right girls???

I think you have a very valid point in this statement. I never really gave this much thought...but it's something to ponder. Just because i really don't pay mind things he has purchased.

The only thing, i would debate on is that those cars are still being tinkered with, in the states at least. So, right now might not be the best time to buy one.

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

It looks like you could only fit maybe 3.5 people in there. Let's pool the PLEBA money together and buy a BUS instead.

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

See, that thought crossed my mind also, a lot. It makes me wonder sometimes, but I guess everyone has something kind of tragic flaw or whatever...even Bono
wink.gif

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by Ana:
this instantly reminded me of "Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car". Y'know in Bono's hands that beauty maybe won't last long LOL
biggrin.gif

Exactly it doesn't really matter how efficient the car is, if it lasts longer than a mile it will be a miracle in itself *sees Bono getting extremely annoyed with the Parktronic beeps and crashing the car while fighting with it* Even if he doesn't crash it the fact that he's not home 6 months of the year will kind of make up for the wasted gas.

It was a decent an valid point though. I just went to a car show and I was very annoyed with the some of the mileage these cars get. Personally I love cars and some of these flashy cars are very attractive but even if I have the cash I would settle for a more environmentally friendly car.

However, these half electric and half gas cars that 60m/g still need a lot of tinkering, and all things considered they are very expansive. Yes you'll say that money will be saved in gas, but reallistically that's only if you keep the car for longer than 2 years. Being that they are still in the experimental phase it's very unlikely that will happen, so money wise it's not the best decision yet, not to mention they are butt ugly.

Yeah money should not be a prob for him, and we are talking about endorsing something he believes in. But all things considered advertising the current evironmentally safe friendly cars out in the current market might not help get the kinks outta of them and instead just push something half done out in the market and avoid a real solution.

*wondering if anything I said made any sense*

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by mbi16:
*sees Bono getting extremely annoyed with the Parktronic beeps and crashing the car while fighting with it*

that is the funniest thing I have read all day!!!

Hold it....last time I checked, Bono was a SOCCER MOM!!!!! Does anyone remember that thread?
biggrin.gif

Guess he traded in the mini van...

------------------

You can dream,
But you can never go back the way you came

Originally posted by WildHonee:
It looks like you could only fit maybe 3.5 people in there. Let's pool the PLEBA money together and buy a BUS instead.

So who would be the .5? If it was .65 it could be ScottPhisto
biggrin.gif

rmx2355.jpg

This is so my car (if I can ever find one) Hop on board ladies! You'd be surprised how many people you can fit in one of these things!!!

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:

rmx2355.jpg

AAAWW!!! THAT'S SO CUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!

It looks like the Spice Girls bus. Lol NOT THAT I SAW THAT MOVIE...

------------------

I got lost in the Netherlands!!

You can dream,

Or we could get some blue & red & yellow & black paint & make it the Partridge Family bus! lol...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Or we could get some blue & red & yellow & black paint & make it the Partridge Family bus! lol...
biggrin.gif

I WOKE UP IN LOVE THIS MORNING!!!!!!!

I THINK I LOVE YOU.....

------------------

I got lost in the Netherlands!!

You can dream,

I pulled a Bono driving today...I was em, proud of myself. Actually, come to think of it, I pull a lot of Bono things as I'm driving...
wink.gif

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Did i read that right? $150,000???????
eek.gif

Dayum.

For that price it better be stainless steel, to keep Bono from crunching it up with all of his terrible driving!
wink.gif

Uhm let's see I could buy an apt., a car, a new computer, a 16 millimeter camera, and some other good crap with that money. *comtemplates stealing Bono's car when in Dublin*

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by WildHonee:

I like that idea, Mona! The PLEBA Love Bus- we can take field trips in it to see U2! But who would drive it? BP Fallon? For some reason, I think it would be right up his alley
biggrin.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~

Originally posted by Julyfly:
I like that idea, Mona! The PLEBA Love Bus- we can take field trips in it to see U2!
I forgot to get my permission slip signed!

------------------

You can dream,

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I read that it came equipped with the state of the art "parktronic" system, a sonar device that keeps you from crashing into curbs, other parked cars, people etc...

Where do I get one?
wink.gif
No, wait, I need the car first.

And ballykissangel, I love the username
smile.gif
That was my favourite TV show until the guy who played the Priest in the first series left...and it all went downhill from there on
frown.gif

*Fizz's random comment of the day.

Back
Top Bottom