Bono's Sunglasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Valin-Halcyon

Babyface
Well, as much as I hate to, I have to part with his sunglasses.
Winter and I listed them on eBay today, you can find them at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=880462084

i-1.JPG

Babies are more important than Bono stuff. ;)

:drool:

Too bad I'm broke. :(

How's Winter? How's family life? (Are the babies born yet?)

Valin_Halcyon said:
Twins aren't due 'till Sept. We said that before. :p

It's hard to keep all those details straight sometimes! *lol*

Good luck with everything...glad you are all doing well! :)

I thought for sure you'd all be locked in a bidding frenzy over these things. :p

What about the girl who bought Bono's Leather Jacket? Maybe she'd want them...he did wear both at the same time after all. :p

*Looks at graduation moneys*

MUST......RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I resist everything except temptation" ~Oscar Wilde

Attachments

• wilde.jpg
    wilde.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 211
Resist? Why Resist? It's for a good cause anyway. Winter and I need to by little boy clothes for the twins. :)

Valin_Halcyon said:

What about the girl who bought Bono's Leather Jacket? Maybe she'd want them...he did wear both at the same time after all. :p

I don't think the woman who bought Bono's jacket was an Interferencer. I think that a member of the forum just worked with the woman who did.

oliveu2cm said:

*wonders how they look on females..
They wouldn't look good on me. I've tried on shield sunglasses similiar to Bono's. My face is too small, they look stupid. I think I'm going to get a pair like the one's he wears in the Walk On video, cause they're smaller.

Of course, if Bono gave me his sunglasses, you can bet I'd wear them around like a grinning idiot. :D

Um, Winter, I have a question.

Your ad on ebay sounds like these were THE shades that Bono wore. Now, unless I'm missing something how can that be? Did Bono auction them off and you bought them?

Also, what is actual price that these retail for?

Thanks

Last edited:
They were indeed sold to the public from Bono. I bought them off a reauctioneer on eBay.

I paid roughly $1,500 USD for them.

Last edited:
I do have it, but I'm unable to find it currently. When I do find it, I'll ship it to whoever buys the glasses.

We've moved 3 times in the 8 months since I bought the glasses, we're missing a lot of stuff. :p

Just wanna say I hope SOMEONE bids and wins the shades..... 'cause it's a darn cool item, but I don't have money I can spare.....and my mom would crucify me. Did you post this in EYKIW too?

Valin and Halycon...

I was the second bidder, and was not outbid...

I noticed you didn't have a reserve, but I really really really want the glasses. It would make me soooooo happy.

Please email me... (my boyfriend actually did the bidding under his email account name)

Talk to you soon!!!!! :) :)

*triple crossing fingers*

My boyfriend bid under his account.. but yes.. that was me... :)

I was squealing with joy and wiping away tears as I kept hitting refresh on my keyboard.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, guys!!!

But yes, that Certificate would be a great thing to have!

That's actually a good price....... to buy those shades from Bvlgari it's about $225 usd and of course.... Bono would not have worn them.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm dying over here!

Haven't heard anything yet :(

Pray for me, girlies! I've been having some rough times lately, and bidding on those glasses was the best time I've had in ages.

Good luck!!!! That's great that you won! Man I'd love to have a pair... But yeah, me = no $.

((((HelloAngel)))) Hope things are getting better!

Back
Top Bottom