Bono's Soul Towards AIDS Problems :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I don't think Bono is a hero in the sense of rockstar but he is a person who's out to make difference for us as human beings! And he truly cares! :) :) He does from the heart and he truly wants to make a difference for the better with this terrible AIDS in beautiful Africa! :happy: :happy: I just wonder for fun if 10 or more years later he will be added in history books as a great person who helped deal with this AIDS problem? I kinda think he will, do you think so? I have just found out a new thing of what I like about Bono and that is his humbleness.

Last edited:
Here's a poem I just wrote called "Go Man with the Blue Shades!"

Go man with the blue shades
Honey, you've got it made

I know you've got more work ahead
But God will show where to be lead

As you are writing an inspiring lyric, you're filling the page
You know when you are done more will die, you're feeling rage

Just remember blue shades man, you done your best
It is now up to other people to follow, it's up to the rest

Honey, please write lyric after lyric, it's what you can do
Oneday AIDS in Africa will be in the past, & the sky'll be blue

Do you like it? It might not be complete yet.

Last edited:
Nice poem :)

I do think Bono will be in history. I have met some people who are convinced that's the main reason he's doing it, to be remembered for something other than music, to be a part of history. A lady who was a surgeon that I met in a GA line told me that. While I don't think it's the only reason, I am not going to deny he probably has never thought of that because he probably has. But there's nothing wrong with that, leaving a legacy like that to be remembered for forever. If he's remembered as the man who saved Africa, that would be great.

I could say alot hey.. I'm irish but I what I am quite sure of is that this emergency in Africa will be quit remebered in history and given the role Bono is playing so then he will too, is it the reason he is doing it no! I think his main motivation and I cant speak for the man obviously but I think it is that he doesnt want to look back 20 years from know and see that he did nothing I dont think thats the legacy he wants to leave..I think his motivation is his soul and that he really honestly believes in helping his neighbour and this is a man who fights against injustice.. his is in a great position to do so.. But he is also from my perspective.. humble and the last to take credit .. He has said man times history will judge us and I tend to agree .. Has it ever crossed his mind U2Kitten you could just be right maybe it has.. but I dont think of in the context of wow I will be remembered.. I think he would like to see people like those in TAC and the frontline workers remembered for what they did .. So anyways I went on but ya I think Bono will be remebered .. I think he will be humbled..

SIGH !!

If you read my post you would see I said I DIDN'T think he was doing it for that reason, but I knew some people (like that dr. lady) who did. But I also think it's ridiculous and naive to deny the possibility that the thought of being in history for his work has never ever crossed his mind.

Of course he's doing it because he cares and he wants to do something before it's too late. I've heard all the speeches, the putting people on the train, the what will my kids say if I did nothing, the remembering of our time with the internet, 9-11 and the flushing down the toilet of an entire continent. You don't need to lecture. I know he is doing it because he wants to and he cares. If he does end up in history that will be great. And even if he has thought of that (though it's not why he's doing it!!) what's wrong with that?! I'm sure he would be honored and humbled.Since neither of us are mind readers there is no need to speculate. I hope someday his efforts will be successful and the tragedy going on over there now will be history, in the past.

Last edited:
Drop the Debt for AIDS!

This is just me, reminding everyone that the AIDS emergency (thank you Bono for calling it what it is) will not be defeated until the debt is dropped, because without the resources to educate and treat their people, governments are pretty helpless. :( It's not a panacea, but it is a necessity.

Please send in your debt letter to your elected official and have a friend or 5 send one too! :) Sample letters and contact info, as always, at Bono's Angels! :angel:

sd

Has it ever crossed his mind U2Kitten you could just be right maybe it has
I wrote a reply but edit.. cause I am not having this turn into the last post..I simply stated my opinion

and thank you Sherry for bring that to our attention.. Drop the Debt, Donate the Dollars, Treat the People

Last edited:
Great poem Cute Irish Bono :applaud:

Katey you can state your opinion all you want, but don't make incorrect assumptions about me personally and post my name doing it.

It is sad the fighting over who feels more, who's 'sad' and whatever has really drug PLEBA down and taken away its happy, friendly atmosphere. We have had updates and discussed Bono's causes for ages here with no problem until recently. We have been very good with this, let's not spoil it now. The last thing Bono would want us to do is make petty argument over him and his work. I'm doing what Sherry said, as I always do. We are all on the same side here, so why criticize and scrutize each other as to who is better, who knows more or cares more? That's the wrong spirit.

I would suggest if there are any heavy political arguments that they be taken to FYM and not PLEBA.

This is my absolute last post on this. :censored: :angel:

I am confused again I did not post las thread I read cause was to crazy but this time I do.. Katey I thank you for that post I like what you say and I dunno why people get upset as last time it happens again.. people.. I think and I see that this is not right.. as inlast time people say what they think about Bono and other people yell at them .. it is these people I do not like to see.. i think that it is people are to much sensitive..and let people say what they think if it is not being mean
I like the poem and katey and what sherry say and I will gonna do what I can to help too

U2Kittens I have think you should not tell people what they can say on this.. it makes me sad to see what Bono would think..

Last edited:
FYI where did I make assumptions about you , you said

While I don't think it's the only reason, I am not going to deny he probably has never thought of that because he probably has. But there's nothing wrong with that

then I said

Has it ever crossed his mind U2Kitten you could just be right maybe it has
you thought I said has it ever crossed your mind(sorry I cant PM you back ).. but I said the above if you re-read my post.. I can see how it what upset you if I did say that.. but I would never do that.. you are a smart person i know and I would not disrespect you.

that was me agreeing with you... I think we had a little misunderstanding there.. I dont know a thing about Bono only what I think thats why I said it is my perspective.. we all have our own

there we go.. my last post..

Last edited:
My point was Bono's heart is in the right with this AIDS issue and yes, Drop The Debt is a big part of it, too. I didn't mean to came off aggorant, I just was a little curious if Bono's work will be remembered.

Back
Top Bottom