Bono's size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NameOfLove19 said:
So, I know it's been asked before, but how tall is the rest of the band? Anyone know?

I think that the rest of the band is also around 5'6-5'8. I think Adam is the tallest of the four. But it was very shocking to me when I first saw them live on stage. At first I always thought they were like close to 6 feet. I never knew how small they were until I saw them, but they weren't small by any means musically. Once the music started, I totally forgot what I was thinking about.

I know someone who met Bono, and he said Bono is 5'6", cuz he was just shorter than my friend, who is 5'7". So there, first hand account! Bono is so little and cute...I want to eat him!

Please, if anyone meets him, don't ever say "you look smaller in real life" he HATES that and even made comments about it on the last tour. He also hates "he's so tiny!" and stuff like that, no matter how nice it's put, he is self conscious about his height and always has been so it's best not to make it an issue. ;) Those eyes :drool: he's such a beautiful person! :flirt:

Leeloo said:
Please, if anyone meets him, don't ever say "you look smaller in real life" he HATES that and even made comments about it on the last tour. He also hates "he's so tiny!" and stuff like that, no matter how nice it's put, he is self conscious about his height and always has been so it's best not to make it an issue. ;) Those eyes :drool: he's such a beautiful person! :flirt:

I agree.

My husband said that if someone made a comment like that and Bono got mad he'd tell him, "so, you're short! Oh, get over it!" It's not like he hasn't had his whole life to deal with it. Tee hee hee. I love my husband.

my thoughts exactly.

kellyahern said:
I would love to be Bono's height :lol:

Seriously, I'm 5'4" and there have been alot of times when just a couple of extra inches would have been great when trying to reach something on a high shelf :yes:

So my point is, Bono - you're tall to me :hug: and like verte76 said, he has a huge heart :love:

and actually, my driver's license says I'm 5'3" , but I'm really 5'3" and 3/4 inches, so I give myself the extra 1/4 inch :sexywink: :shifty:

i'm 5'4" too.
what i would do to be just 2 inches taller....
it sounds by all accounts that Bono is 5'6" :D

Tabby said:
I read a story about when Bono said the "f" word and walked out of a party a couple years back because some unnamed model kept making short men jokes. He doesn't think it's funny.

Oh, that hurts, and that's wrong.

BTW, I like your three pictures.

Tabby said:
I read a story about when Bono said the "f" word and walked out of a party a couple years back because some unnamed model kept making short men jokes. He doesn't think it's funny.

Neither would anybody who's heard that crap all his/her life. Take it from someone who's been called "four-eyes" since she was eight. :eyebrow: I can't blame him for being irritated at "short" jokes.

I think if I met Bono, I'd say something like, "You look so handsome in real life!" :wink: I wouldn't be inclined to joke about his height. Hey, my dad was only 5'3" and my brother is 5'4"!

Sue DeNym said:
I think if I met Bono, I'd say something like, "You look so handsome in real life!" :wink: I wouldn't be inclined to joke about his height. Hey, my dad was only 5'3" and my brother is 5'4"!

If he's all dressed up for an event you should tell him he looks posh... He seems to like that for some reason... :scratch:

:heart: :bono: :heart:

Without reading the other responses, my take on Bono's size:

When I met him the first time, I was standing on a curb in tennis shoes, and I'm 5'7". He was definitely shorter then. But I think he's roughly my height. As for putting on weight, yes he's larger than his lean PopMart days, but then he was swimming everyday. He's not fat or even pudgy (at least wasn't one year ago). The camera really does add 10 pounds. He's more of what I'd call solid. He's not thin, just small boned and evenly built. His chest is the most solid. He doesn't have a beer gut or anything. But overall, he is small, at least compared to the well-built Dutch men I'm used to :sexywink:

Sue DeNym said:
Neither would anybody who's heard that crap all his/her life. Take it from someone who's been called "four-eyes" since she was eight. :eyebrow: I can't blame him for being irritated at "short" jokes.

Yeah, that would suck. Luckily, I've escaped any teasing about my height...but I can understand where that would bother some people. Teasing people about their height is so stupid.

And I've heard it isn't much better for tall people, too. I mean, I know tall people gripe about hearing dumb comments like, "How's the weather up there?" day in and day out.

Height has absolutely no importance in who I know.

Originally posted by Sue DeNym
I think if I met Bono, I'd say something like, "You look so handsome in real life!" :wink:

LOL, same here...course, I'd actually have to get up the nerve to form any intelligible sentence to begin with first. :p.

I wouldn't be inclined to joke about his height. Hey, my dad was only 5'3" and my brother is 5'4"!

Agreed. I'd have no room to comment on his height, anyway, seeing as we're about the same height (which I personally find pretty cool), but yeah, should I ever be lucky enough to meet him, I will not make any comments about his height. It'd be the farthest thing from my mind, anyway. I'd just be happy to be meeting him. :).

Angela

I can vouch that tall people get stupid remarks too. My favorite is "you're a tall one aren't you?" Gee what gave it away?! I don't even know how to respond without being sarcastic, usually it is guys trying to pick up on me. Not the best opening line! Also the fact that everyone thinks that I must play/like basketball. NOOO, I hate that game!!! I guess there are ups and downs on both ends of the height scale.:|

Yeah, like anyone has any control over their height! Man! Only people with issues would pay out ppl over their height. Sure, Bono is half an inch shorter than me, but it matters not! He's one hell of a person!:heart: :bono:

Moonlit_Angel said:
Yeah, that would suck. Luckily, I've escaped any teasing about my height...but I can understand where that would bother some people. Teasing people about their height is so stupid.

Teasing people period is stupid. Especially when it's something they have no control over. I mean, what's Bono supposed to do, stretch himself on a rack?! :eyebrow:

faithingrace said:
I can vouch that tall people get stupid remarks too. My favorite is "you're a tall one aren't you?" Gee what gave it away?! I don't even know how to respond without being sarcastic, usually it is guys trying to pick up on me. Not the best opening line! Also the fact that everyone thinks that I must play/like basketball. NOOO, I hate that game!!! I guess there are ups and downs on both ends of the height scale.:|

I once saw a tall woman (about 5'10") wearing a shirt that said, "No, I don't play basketball. Do you play miniature golf?" :lmao: (Yes, I complimented her on her shirt!)

Why do people have to make an issue of someone's size? It's something no one has control over. Our society is way too body conscious. People don't think about the fact that it's a circumstance of birth. What the heck? Who cares? It has nothing to do with accomplishing meaningful goals and such.

5'6" isn't THAT short. I think Michael J. Fox, Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman are all about that height or even shorter. If you don't plan to play basketball for a living, why does it even matter?

I'm only 5'3" so if I were to dance with Bono I'd be just the right height to lay my head comfortably on his shoulder. Now there's a happy thought!

Bono's shades said:
5'6" isn't THAT short. I think Michael J. Fox, Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman are all about that height or even shorter. If you don't plan to play basketball for a living, why does it even matter?

Yeah, I think 5'6" is the average height for a male, world-wide. 5'4" for females.

Well I might be a few inches taller than Bono, but if I ever meet him I will probably faint straight away and then be looking up at him!!!!:wink:

Also I loved the basketball shirt. Wish I had one too.:laugh:

I'm about 5'3ish and I love short men
Bono's hot being the way he is, that's what we love about him... He wouldn't be Bono otherwise... :wink:

:yes: ^^^^.

Sue DeNym said:
Teasing people period is stupid. Especially when it's something they have no control over. I mean, what's Bono supposed to do, stretch himself on a rack?! :eyebrow:

Heh, really. Totally agree with you.

I once saw a tall woman (about 5'10") wearing a shirt that said, "No, I don't play basketball. Do you play miniature golf?" :lmao: (Yes, I complimented her on her shirt!)

:laugh:...that's great! :up: :D.

Angela

I'm 5'7".

My husband has two brothers and we have a brother-in-law that I bet you are all in the Bono height range. So, I'm use to short men. My three brothers, on the other hand, are all over 6'3":p

The point is...I'm use to short guys. And, frankly, I usually like them the best, somehow. They usually make up in personality what they lack in height.:p

But, I'd never make a big deal about Bono's height because I'm use to guys shorter than me. (Not until I met my husband, though).

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Without reading the other responses, my take on Bono's size:

When I met him the first time, I was standing on a curb in tennis shoes, and I'm 5'7". He was definitely shorter then. But I think he's roughly my height. As for putting on weight, yes he's larger than his lean PopMart days, but then he was swimming everyday. He's not fat or even pudgy (at least wasn't one year ago). The camera really does add 10 pounds. He's more of what I'd call solid. He's not thin, just small boned and evenly built. His chest is the most solid. He doesn't have a beer gut or anything. But overall, he is small, at least compared to the well-built Dutch men I'm used to :sexywink:

I never thought of Bono as small-boned. He does seem solid. He has a build similar to my husband:wink: I'm small-boned. I suppose he could be slight if he's in tip-top shape.

Last edited:
Soul Always said:
I'm 5'7".

My husband has two brothers and we have a brother-in-law that I bet you are all in the Bono height range. So, I'm use to short men. My three brothers, on the other hand, are all over 6'3":p

Oh, yeah?

I'm used to guys about my height or slightly taller than me-about an inch or two, with the exception of my dad-he's 6'1". So it really doesn't seem awkward to me, either.

Originally posted by Soul Always
And, frankly, I usually like them the best, somehow. They usually make up in personality what they lack in height.:p

:yes:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom