Bono's short-lived "looks"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One Tree Still

Acrobat
I can only think of a couple, but the one that I am glad he tanked was the "hooded" look he sported at the onset of the POP era. He kind of carried it into the tour by coming into the arena lookin like a boxer, but the look I'm talking about is this one...

pop_gavin_bono.jpg

I think he was trying a bit too hard to be introverted-techno guy and it just wasn't jiving with his real personality (remember the MTV Music Awards during "Please"? Just didn't seem to fit IMO)

What are some of the other short-lived looks, good or bad?

Last edited:
Boxer Bono hehe

Well since POPMART was my very first U2 concert and the point in my life that I became a devoted fan I kinda liked the boxer look.... I thought it was cute when he came out w/the robe and on the back it had the heart...kinda like a whole thing of 'alright i'm not a fighter but i'm a damn good lover' hehe but yea...i can see how that look was just not him. good thing his mind works in so many ways that he is always trying to come up with new ways of showing himself off to the fans.
LATERS!
hey bono...wanna have a lil boxing match?
-bono- what if i beat you?
then i'll reward you with something
-bono- and what if you win?
you have to reward me with something
-bono- how do i see this going bad either way....

Though I am no fan of that hooded look, at least it covers up his buzzhead look which I really disliked.

Other short lived looks I did not care for:

x-Passengers look, gray hair, beard and plaid coat
x-the golf cap, goatee and small round wire blind man glasses
x-The Sweetest Thing nerd look
x-those black heavy framed glasses with rhinestones with the short slicked down hair (he looked 60 years old and too much like my Dad! :eek:)

On a positive note, here is a short lived look I really loved- the long, bushy reddish hair and the fringed jacket with the ruffled shirt *sigh*

334957%3B523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E565%3E882%3EWSNRCG%3D323237%3A299977nu0mrj

One more I can't find a pic of, I don't hate it but I don't like it too much, the bleached blond hair he had at his wedding! Remember that?

U2Kitten said:

On a positive note, here is a short lived look I really loved- the long, bushy reddish hair and the fringed jacket with the ruffled shirt *sigh*

334957%3B523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E565%3E882%3EWSNRCG%3D323237%3A299977nu0mrj

Loveth!

I kinda liked Sweetest Thing Bono, though :yes:

Thanks Mona, yeah that's the blondie wedding pic. I'm glad he didn't stick with that, he looks better with dark hair! Flaming June, I'm glad to see somebody else likes the Amnesty International look! :)

I think all of Bono's looks were "fleeting" in the sense that he changed with each era.

I always know it's him by that beautiful sun spot freckle below his eye, and his beautiful blue eyes. :love: :bono:

i like sweetest thing bono too.....and the hood cracks me up....but amnesty international bono? hmmmmmm :sexywink:

i'm a big fan of pop bono. the hooded look wasn't the greatest but it didn't bother me....it didn't look bad is what i'm trying to say.

i think he looked amazing with the really short buzzed hair. i know a lot a people love his longer hair but i think that pop bono is a major hottie :yes:

bono_ha.jpg

POP_beach.jpg

pop_bonoorange.jpg

U2Kitten said:

One more I can't find a pic of, I don't hate it but I don't like it too much, the bleached blond hair he had at his wedding! Remember that?

Here's another pic where you can see more of his hair better:

3349592323232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3B%3B649454ot1lsi

if anyone in here has ever seen the Sun City video....... need i say more? that was back sometime in the late 80's when he had the whole bushy werewolf hair and the satan beard going on. i was watching that video waiting for him to come on and when he did it scared the bejeezus out of me, no lie! i had to get up and turn all the lights in the house on!! :no: :no:

and what's this? how could anyone NOT love sweetest bono! :scratch: :love:

whoa oh oh, the sweetest nerd :)

femaleorgazmatron said:
if anyone in here has ever seen the Sun City video....... need i say more? that was back sometime in the late 80's when he had the whole bushy werewolf hair and the satan beard going on. i was watching that video waiting for him to come on and when he did it scared the bejeezus out of me, no lie! i had to get up and turn all the lights in the house on!! :no: :no:
BOO!!!
16624072MwkHvlFWTF_ph.jpg

*Hopes that's the right scary look...*

OK I am not liking the mohawk bono bonochick posted..or werewolf bono CMM posted..that was scary! I saw a pic of bono with a totally shaved head, during pop mart. THAT was scary!! I loved the really early Bono. when he had like the bushy black hair. Remember the IWF video? he had the really small leather pants and the short shirt on? he kept messing with his hair in the video. I like that look..lol this pic is kinda like it..he had that look for awhile :)
sweetbono.jpg

With every ounce of life in me, I despise buzzed Popmart Bono! He looked so old, unattractive, and even smelly in some pics like that wife beater tee pic. That might just be the worst Bono pic I've ever seen. He looked like a bum! The bald head pic might even be better, he looked so scuzzy with the buzz at least the bald pic isn't gross, but it is ugly and I do hate it! I have seen the Fidel Castro ones, and some where he looks kind of like a skinny necked turkey in a hat with huge sunglasses. All the Pop looks really bad and did not suit him. They changed him from being something very gorgeous and sexy and desirable to looking like something else that I didn't like!

Back
Top Bottom