Bono's scar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trinity3000

Acrobat
I was just watching some U2 videos and I noticed in the One bar video that Bono has a scar on his chin. Does anyone know how it got it.

I also noticed (from other clips) that he has cute freckles and very blue eyes.

While in Arizona rehearsing for the opening night of The Joshua Tree tour, Bono fell backwards off the stage while holding a small spotlight. The spotlight hit Bono in the chin, forcing him to get stitches at a local hospital.

and umm and yeah we may have noticed his cute freckles and blue eyes..
i believe thats what 80% of pleba is about :wink: :wink:

Bono received his chin injury after falling off the stage during a rehearsal while on the on Joshua Tree tour !! He also dislocated his shoulder at the same time!! :(

bonoarmsling-1.jpg

Last edited:
no the shoulder was a different concert

RFK Stadium in Washington, DC on September 20, 1987. The accident happened when Bono slipped on the wet stage during "Exit."He was taken to a hospital immediately after the show and ended up performing with his arm in a sling for the next 12 concerts -- though he ignored doctor' orders by playing guitar on several occasions when he wasn't supposed to!

His scar was still fairly new when this photo was taken:

bonojtscar.jpg

Also, baby blue eyes and freckles :love:

Also, what Bono had to say about it in U2 By U2:

At the start of the tour, during rehearsals in Tempe, Arizona, I cut open my face falling off a light. I've still got the scar on my chin. I was lost in the music and at the start of any tour you're just getting to know the physicality of the stage, the geometry of it, and you're overestimating your own physicality. You think you're made of metal yourself and you're not. Cuts and bruises, that's what I remember from The Joshua Tree.

I wonder just how many times Bono has fallen off the stage? There was the JT incident where he cut open his chin, and the one where he dislocated his shoulder, and the opening night of the Elevation tour, any other documented incidents? I'd probably be doing the same thing if I were him though. I've been known to walk into brick walls *facepalm*

umm i have seen a few tumbles on utube . i guess with so much wild energy and roaming around you are bound to have a few tumbles in 30 yrs .
nice pic of the scar ... and the blues .. and the freckles :drool:
out of the millions of bono pics i see i never notice it ..
"love is blindness, i dont want to see".....
wrap bono around me ...:giggle:

mysterious_jen said:
umm i have seen a few tumbles on utube . i guess with so much wild energy and roaming around you are bound to have a few tumbles in 30 yrs .
nice pic of the scar ... and the blues .. and the freckles :drool:
out of the millions of bono pics i see i never notice it ..
"love is blindness, i dont want to see".....
wrap bono around me ...:giggle:

bonokd8.png
bonokd8.png

long enough?:sexywink:

I think the one video has the best scar shoot...

I didn't notice his scar until I saw the one video. :wink:

^Is, isn't he? :wink:

He said something along the lines of the scar ruining his chances of ever being in Duran Duran. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom