Bono's personal assistant.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aski

Acrobat
i'm searching for the picture of Bono w his personal assistant, Lucy Matthew, taken from the Rolling Stone interview page 52.

I've got them scattered around my computer. I'll post them as I find them, but hopefully someone faster will come along!

bwbonosandalsRS2005.jpg

aski said:
i'm searching for the picture of Bono w his personal assistant, Lucy Matthew, taken from the Rolling Stone interview page 52.

:huh: Wait, does he have more than one personal assistant?

Maybe one in the US and one in Europe then?
I thought Catriona was his only assistant.
But as they say, everyday you learn something new.

Re: Re: Bono's personal assistant.

The_Edge89 said:

:huh: Wait, does he have more than one personal assistant?

Maybe one in the US and one in Europe then?
I thought Catriona was his only assistant.
But as they say, everyday you learn something new.

No he has two; Catriona is his PA, and Lucy is his DATA assistant :)

Lucy's not a personal assistant. I don't think she's a "DATA assistant" either. I think she's an employee/member of DATA, just like Bono. I always understood that they were equals as far as DATA is concerned. She's not any more of an assistant to him than Bobby Shriver.

Last edited:
:hmm: Think there'll ever be an opening come up for his PA? Well, I'm sure I could fit him into my busy life somehow...

I wonder how they'd advertise the post:

WANTED

Personal Assistant for very forgetful but sucessful man.
Must be available at a moments notice and be prepared to travel.

...Own ear plugs a must.

:giggle: :giggle:

OK, here we go once more on the Lucy Matthew lesson. :wink:

First, the RS article is from October 2005 - it's the one with the big beautiful picture of Bono on it.

Second, ROLLING STONE GOT ITS INFO WRONG - Lucy has never been Bono's personal assistant or assistant of any kind.

Catriona is Bono's PA - and a very good one she is. :up:

Lucy Matthew, along with Jaime Drummond, were two of the main organizers of the Jubilee2000 Movement (Drop the Debt) Movement in the UK in the late 1990's.

Along with Ann Pettiford, they invited Bono to join them in the Drop the Debt Movement, which he did. :rockon:

In 2002, Jaime Drummond, Lucy and Bono, along with Bob Geldof (and with the financial backing of Bill Gates and George Soros) founded DATA.

Until recently, Lucy headed the DATA European Office in London and Jaime Drummond heads the DATA office in Washington DC.

While Lucy remains very active in DATA and can be seen accompanying Bono and others at international meetings for DATA, she is also a very new mom so is probably taking some time to raise her little one.

Hopefully, this info is helpful.

I think the important thing for RS and other media to remember is that women can be more than assistants to men - sometimes they can be leaders ahead of men, as Lucy originally was in the Drop the Debt movement before Bono joined them.

Thanks for asking the question. :yes:

Jamila said:
OK, here we go once more on the Lucy Matthew lesson. :wink:

First, the RS article is from October 2005 - it's the one with the big beautiful picture of Bono on it.

Second, ROLLING STONE GOT ITS INFO WRONG - Lucy has never been Bono's personal assistant or assistant of any kind.

Third, you might have tried to read the other posts above yours, as ALL OF THE QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED, and you're very late to the post.

:wink:

(smile)

sorry biff - I don't live online like some others I know. So I'm not always right there with an instaneous answer.

second, i don't think anyone has the right to tell anyone else when or where they should post as long as the post is respectful and in good taste.

third, although the question was answered in several spots, I didn't see the delineation that I went into about the roles of Bono, Lucy, Jaime or Ann in the Drop the Debt Movement to FULLY EXPLAIN to others HOW these people came to know each other, WHY these people know each other and WHAT their roles are in each others' public lives.

To someone who doesn't know the full public story of the people's relationships above, my explanation was complete, friendly, positive and helpful.

So, why did you need to inject your perennial negativity toward me in this thread?:ohmy:

I don't do this with you. Why do you do this with me?

Don't you know by now, it only makes you look like a negative person.

I'll think good thoughts for you, my friend.:hug:

Jamila said:

So, why did you need to inject your perennial negativity toward me in this thread?:ohmy:

I don't do this with you. Why do you do this with me?

I think

it has to do

with the insane amount

of spaces

you use

that is annoying

you know? :wink:

Jamila, I think you maybe just don't understand how condescending your posts come across. I don't want this thread to turn into a personal attack on you, but I know you get these types of responses to a lot of your posts, and if you're really wondering why, that's why.

Jamila said:

I think the important thing for RS and other media to remember is that women can be more than assistants to men - sometimes they can be leaders ahead of men

True that.

That was the gist of my post. if people were really paying attention.

Thanks pattip2000 for understanding the reason WHY people are even asking the question about if Lucy is Bono's PA or not -

because the MEDIA tends to believe that women are followers of men in public life and not activists in their own right.

I'm sure Ms. Matthew wouldn't mind my standing up for her rightful place in DATA's history. :yes:

We should all still be entitled to respectfully state our ideas in this forum without expecting swipes at us for no good reason at all.

Remember: today it might be me - tomorrow it might be you.

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Simply put. :bonodrum:

Maybe you should take your own advice and stop being so condescending towards others. Just because we haven't done as much charity work as you have doesn't mean we are worthless. We do enough except we don't brag about it or be know it alls. Yes you may think you know these people but you really don't. You make think you know what they are thinking but you really don't. You may think you know Bono because you've seen him at these events but you really don't. I think you get what I'm trying to say. Just a thought: Don't be so smug the next time you want to share something. :shrug:

Love and Peace and all that good stuff! :happy: :bonodrum:

Jamila said:
Thanks pattip2000 for understanding the reason WHY people are even asking the question about if Lucy is Bono's PA or not -

Maybe I'm being a stickler for technicalities, but no one in this thread ever actually asked if Lucy is Bono's PA. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom