Bono's pal Christy Turlington not marrying Ed Burns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
aw, this makes me kinda sad. everyone always says how nice christy turlington is, and i know that bono was supposed to walk her down the aisle (since her own father died of lung cancer a few years back). *sigh*
if you've got any christy/bono (or any member of U2) pics, please post 'em!!

here's the report, from the NY Post:

SUPERMODEL Christy Turlington and Ed Burns have called it quits. Pals of the couple told PAGE SIX the two agreed to separate a month ago, and there is no third party involved. "They respect and care deeply about one another but they decided they weren't each other's perfect life partners," one pal said. The couple were originally set to marry last October but postponed the wedding after Sept. 11. Talk of the break-up had circulated for a while, and grew louder when Burns circulated solo at the Oscar parties in L.A. Burns was chatting up lush-lipped Latina model Esther Canadas at agent Patrick Whitesell's after-Oscar party.

here's an article on edge's feelings about christy's wedding:

from www.mtv.com
The Edge Jealous Of Bono
May 5, 2001

Bono is delighted to be walking supermodel Christy Turlington down the aisle next month but his bandmate is hoping the wedding will be cancelled.
The U2 star agreed to give away the model to actor Ed Burns but fellow rocker "The Edge" is horribly jealous of the intended bridegroom.

Speaking about Bono's excitement at the forthcoming nuptials, The Edge says, "He'll be walking her down the aisle unless someone breaks his legs before the day."

But Bono adds, "The Edge wants to break Ed's legs." Bono and Turlington have been close friends for the last 10 years and pals say he was the obvious choice to take the place of her dad, who died in 1998.

You know, I had the feeling that would happen. They just kept putting it off, and I knew it. That's okay, I really don't like her anyway.

Why don't you like Christy Turlington, Stormy?
I'm completely jealous of her and her relationship with the boys, lucky girl.
Well at least they realized they "weren't meant to be" before they walked down the aisle.

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

On an unrelated note... Ed Burns is UNBELIEVABLY hot
biggrin.gif

I was wondering about them ( Ed & Christy ) just the other day. Hmmmm, methinks maybe Mr. Burns has some issues? He & Heather Graham were likethis for years & then suddenly, Heather's out & Christy's not only in, but they were engaged really fast!

Ah well, at the end of the day....

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:

But can I just join in the chorus? ED BURNS = HOTT

EdBurns.jpg

*THUD*
biggrin.gif

------------------
Behind closed doors and under stars
It doesn't matter where you are
Collecting jewels that catch your eye
Don't let a soulmate pass you by

weird, I just read an article in Vogue? about them ("24 hours in the life of Christy" woo.) Wonder who will get to keep the dog.

I always thought they were sort of mismatched...

Back
Top Bottom