Bono's new shades -- just in caseyou're wondering about it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady luck

Rock n' Roll Doggie
If anyone cares for things like this, Bono's got a new pair of shades, brand: D&G (Dolce & Gabbana)

If you had some, post pics here!

starsgoblue said:
They're D&G's model number 2138. Available in three lense colors...black, clear, and electric blue/violet.

I already lost two ebay bids on these things. :scream:

Ok, this makes it official, stars..... you may finally be completely, irretrievably lost. You already know the model # & colors available and the shades just showed up - what? - 2-3 days ago?
:crazy:

(You're my new hero) :lmao:

No, no - teh D&G 2138's have been around for awhile. They are the ones from the Vertigo shoot, the HTDAAB shoot (and calendar), the cover of Nov Q mad and this current Spin mag.

The NEW shades are yellow and I'm not sure what they are. See pic:

newglasses.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, the 2138s have a mesh type style on the side arms and in the middle. these are simple wire so its a different model... anyone know what though???

I bought this for $130.00 + shipping, very light comparing to Bulgari
dg.jpg

Those orange-colored ones he's been wearing are Gucci, I think...I saw them at Sunglass Station the other day....they ran about 179 there, which means you can probably get them for 130 online.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen Bono in yellow shades. I honestly can't remember. Am I an idiot or am I just "memory-challenged"? :wink:

verte76 said:
I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen Bono in yellow shades. I honestly can't remember. Am I an idiot or am I just "memory-challenged"? :wink:

8891c4da.jpg

Just memory challenged.

Last edited:
What model number Gucci's? They aren't from this year's collection I don't think...

:hmm:

For those that DO like 'em...Ralph Lauren has a pair that is almost just like it except the lenses are smoke colored with a black frame....relativily well priced. Hey, I'm a sunglasses AND U2 whore...what can I say? :shrug: :wink:

Last edited:
if someone wants it, I've a pic of Bono wearing it -- it was the front cover of an Italian magazine last week!
And he look SOOO gorgeous!

Oh, I forgot to precise: can't post pics here, so I need an e-mail address to send you the pic.

starsgoblue said:
Me wants it! Those are hot. :yes:

careful stars!
wing into a sunglasses store and try them on first before forking out loads of cash./
i was about to buy some of these on ebay and decided to find and try them on first - i looked like a right idiot in them. just didnt suit me at all.

now i'm gonna get the bvlgaris instead...mmmmm :drool:

Back
Top Bottom