Bono's new shades -- just in caseyou're wondering about it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicLemon said:
I think I found the new fugly orange ones: (they're listed as "brown", bit c'mon, who are they trying to fool? ;-)

:laugh: In person they really do look more brown than in the photos. They kinda match his hair color at the moment too. Maybe that's why he's sporting them?

Stars, I need your help! :)

As far as the D&G 2138's... I can't find the dark shades with the silver arms (Vertigo video/Q mag shots/Calendar) I can only find the dark shades/black arms (current Spin, I think), or light shades/silver arms (Blender - in the water shots)

You want the G37's of the 2138s.

The dark/black arms are the D23s

The clear/silver are the G35s

The purply/silver are the G49s.

Do you need a link for a shop that has 'em?

(yeah, I know I need a premium...lol)

A pic in case you're totally confused:

mkmq1

I just got the D23s, and they actually look quite good! Are those the ones he's wearing in the SPIN mag? (dark arms, dark lenses). Any other pics where he's wearing the D23's?

Last edited:
Last edited:
AtomicLemon said:
Which one?? :ohmy: What issue date? And are the D23's the ones in the current Spin?

This month's and last month's issue. I know that last month's issue is now available in American bookstores and you can get it there (I'm lucky to have UK buds to hook me up) and the current Q Icon awards issue is now out in the UK and will be in the States soon I'm assuming.

I haven't gotten my hot little hands on the Spin issue...but let's swing over to the Spin thread and see....

Dark legs but a shiny bridge. Maybe it's the reflection that makes it look silver at the bridge.(?) Just noticed the pics inside have the silver legs (arms??) But the G37's don't look dark enough .. gah. Why am I obsessing over this? Someone please tell me..

Of course if there's a reason you don't want to be premium, it's ok. I just figured it would be nice, since you are adored here and at almost 6,000 posts, come on already! ;-)

Why the sad face :( I didn't tell Elvis who, I just asked if I could gift someone with it.

Last edited:
Wow, Atomic. :hug: I've had some really nasty things happen to me by some not so nice people to me in this past week and you really made feel so much better. Thank you so much. You have no idea what your kindness means to me. I'm not sad...you just really touched me. :heart:

BTW, I have read somewhere that the shades do relect light and seem to almost change color in certain light...so sometimes the light seems lighter and the dark darker...:shrug:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Wow, Atomic. :hug: I've had some really nasty things happen to me by some not so nice people to me in this past week and you really made feel so much better. Thank you so much. You have no idea what your kindness means to me. :heart:

BTW, I have read somewhere that the shades do relect light and seem to almost change color in certain light...so sometimes the light seems lighter and the dark darker...:shrug:

Well, I can't understand why anyone could be nasty to you. You stand out here on this forum as such a sweet, kind and sensitive soul, and I love that. Always helpful, with a kind word for everyone. There's something about you that's just really decent and wonderful... That's why I wanted to gift you. :)

Back
Top Bottom