Bono's Live 8 jeans jacket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I'm in love with the jeans jacket Bono wore at Live 8...whats it from??? is it an early design of the RED jacket?

waynetravis said:
i think it was a blue Dolce and Gabbana jeans jacket painted black :hmm:

yep :)
if you look closely you can see the tag on his sleeve... I can't find the clearer pic now
bonolive8huge8hx.jpg

And yet, Bono says he looked like a mechanic in that jacket :lol:

from U2 by U2:

BONO : Paul is a much more dimensional character than people realize. He came into our dressing -room before the show to check out what we were wearing. he spotted a jacket at the end of the room. "Is that a Christian Dior?", he says. Sharon, our stylist says, "yeah, well spotted"
He says "Stella just bought me one of them. Who's wearing that?". "Bono."
"Listen man, 2 of us can't wear the same jacket now, can we?"
He was laughing, I was too....until I realised the Beatle had run off with me stage frock. The same man who probably invented the mop top and worked with his manager on those Beatle suits could spot a designer label by the cut of it, which is kind of amazing.
Anyway, I did the big day in denim, looking like a mechanic.
It was Paul's car, afterall.

The odd thing is, I checked out their joint appearance again and Paul wasn't even wearing a jacket at all :ohmy:

But maybe he wore it on his single performance (don't remember and I don't have footage of that)

^ the stylist must be blind if she said its a Dior jacket when the label on the sleeve clearly says D&G :lol:

waynetravis said:
^ the stylist must be blind if she said its a Dior jacket when the label on the sleeve clearly says D&G :lol:

and you are English ,yes?? Or maybe YOU are blind? :wink:

I advise to re-read what I quoted, it's exactly what's in the book and even poor lil' me understood it from the first read :huh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom