Bono's latest cause. Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oktobergirl

Refugee
Hi guys. I was just reading up on u2.com about this latest venture that Bono is involved in. It is related to the jubileework, and is a direct think to relieving poverty in underdeveloped nations.
http://www.maketradefair.org/

Their website is pretty cool and they make it VERY easy to send emails to world leaders, (or regular letters if you prefer.

The good news is:
it doesn't cost ANYTHING. and trade will not opened for
countries like IRAQ, so don't worry about that!

Hope I haven't rambled too much. I just want to reach as many people as possible!

Below is a quote from Bono on the organization and it's campaign called "The Big Noise".
Thank you!
Julie

"Away from calamity and physical circumstances, there's often a structural aspect to poverty in the developing world. We've had some success raising awareness about the burden of old debt, and we must now also focus on the unfair trade status of these most fragile seedling economies. Oxfam has got it right. It wouldn't cost much to change the rules of trade so that poor countries can work their way out of poverty. But the world's leaders won't act unless they hear enough people telling them. And every day they fail to act, thousands of people die because they can't afford the basics of survival. That's why I'm adding my voice to the Big Noise. "

Thanks for starting this topic and sharing this info about Bono's continued support of good causes. I really like the format of this website.

Back
Top Bottom