Bono's Hair Now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seabird said:
One thing that has always perplexed me over the last few years is seeing people say that he should cut his hair so he won't look old. Sorry, I love Bono dearly, and I think he's hot, but have you noticed the way his face has changed and aged? Look at the lines in his face, especially his forehead. Take away the hair, he'd look 20 years older. I mean it, just like an ordinary, boring old fart. The shorter and lighter it is the older he'd appear. I have also been shocked that some want him to let it go gray! Don't even get me started on how old he'd look then! Bono is much too young for the go lighter thing, my aunties did that, when they were about 65 or 70! Bono is not old yet. Maybe it's because I'm his age, and so is my husband, and we have long dark hair and have no desire to give up and be old. Hardly any celebrity does, and most regular people don't either. When are you going to learn 40 something is not old! You'll find out one day.

I am looking forward to a long haired Bono for the upcoming tour :flirt: I hope he never has his hair any shorter than the Heart of America tour.

Bono has been aging starting from Pop time - more bags under his eyes and more lines in his face.

Long hair with old(er) people - makes them old. To me, Bono was stretching it even with his Elevation hair with the length. (darker hair suits him because his natural color is dark. I'm surprised he doesn't go for the all natural look)
Gray long hair - he'd look like a hippie. :no:
Short hair makes people look younger (that said, the shaved POP cover hair was another extreme that made him look old), and very few guys in their 40s can pull of long hair. I think his long hair days are over, and it's naturaly for men to shorten their haircuts over time (as they obviously have less hair as years go by).

To whoever said Bono's hair didn't grow back after he shaved before POP - not true. The growth of your hair is determined naturally, and has nothing to do with how often you do it. Comparing a 1995 pic to today is somewhat unfair as he obviously doesn't have as much hair follicles as he did back then.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Long hair with old(er) people - makes them old. To me, Bono was stretching it even with his Elevation hair with the length. (darker hair suits him because his natural color is dark. I'm surprised he doesn't go for the all natural look)
Gray long hair - he'd look like a hippie. :no:
Short hair makes people look younger (that said, the shaved POP cover hair was another extreme that made him look old), and very few guys in their 40s can pull of long hair. I think his long hair days are over, and it's naturaly for men to shorten their haircuts over time (as they obviously have less hair as years go by).

:mad: :mad: :censored:

This is your opinion, not a fact, and it is completely different from my opinion. I have always thought short hair made people look older because in society it's like the old fashioned 'you're too old to have long hair thing' which is bullshit, but to me someone cutting their hair because they think they're too old is sad, and ridiculous.

My husband is 42 and has a whole head of dark hair that is longer than Bono's JT hair. He is always taken for someone in his 20's, and has even been carded! This is true! I have met other guys in their 40's with short hair and I was surprised they were only my age, I'd taken them for a lot older. I have long hair, and my Mom has the old fashioned hangup that you're supposed to cut it at a certain age, but I don't believe that. Most of mine and Bono's generation hasn't fallen for those old stereotypes, sorry if you have. If someone wants long or short hair at any age, they should have it. Thank goodness Bono is still cool enough to know that he is not too old to have his long, rock and roll kickass hair. Looking at Guggi and Gavin, his 2 best friends who also have long hair, I doubt he has any hangups about how a 44 year old man is 'supposed' to look. It is his hair, and looks like he wants it long. Good for you Bono!

Thank goodness Bono is still cool enough to know that he is not too old to have his long, rock and roll kickass hair. Looking at Guggi and Gavin, his 2 best friends who also have long hair, I doubt he has any hangups about how a 44 year old man is 'supposed' to look. It is his hair, and looks like he wants it long. Good for you Bono!

Preach on, sister!!! :applaud:

I'm completely behind you on this one...all three of these men-and the rest of the U2's for that matter-just keep getting better & better as they get older. I would consider trading my first-born son for Gav's hair!:drool:

nope, no stereotypes

Seabird said:

This is your opinion, not a fact, and it is completely different from my opinion. I have always thought short hair made people look older because in society it's like the old fashioned 'you're too old to have long hair thing' which is bullshit, but to me someone cutting their hair because they think they're too old is sad, and ridiculous.

Yes it's my opinion, and I don't see why you're so upset over it. I'm saying short(er) hair suits Bono better IMO than long(er) hair - I never said he should cut it because he is aging. (though that is risky, too)

Longer hair - in most cases - goes better to young(er) faces; it's even nature's own way when men go older they also go bald.
Rockers having long hair is such an old, chewed up cliche - it's only good U2 didn't follow it. (and those 50+ aged guys who try to look younger with SO obviously dyed hair aren't doing themselves a favor either)

Short hair has always been said to make people look younger, especially as they get old(er) - 40+ isn't a lot in real life but it is in show business, especially in rock and in the industry where looks matter SO MUCH. Think BD video, or ES (even the last tour) - he looked younger than he does on the pics, taken since the tour. Besides he's had long hair for the most part of his career already, let a different haircut have a chance.

Of course, any person is free to have long hair - we're just talking theoretically here. It's great if you still have thick, natural colored hair in your 40s but most people - especially men, who go bald more often and quicker than women - don't.
(remember those rumors about Bono having additional hair "added" to his own? what do you think will happen a few years down the line if he keeps it up with the long hair?)

Last edited:
Edgespet said:

I'm completely behind you on this one...all three of these men-and the rest of the U2's for that matter-just keep getting better & better as they get older.

I don't want to argue :huh: but I've said before, I think all of U2 is just getting hotter as they get older. They're lookin' fiiine right now. :drool:

Anyhoo, I really like his hair right now too. You've probably already seen this but I looove it in the Troy premiere pics. :cute:

BonoDaughter1.jpg

neutral said:

Oh my...:drool: ...he looks so hot....those blue eyes:flirt:..and he still has such beautiful hair...:sexywink: ...he likes having it long in the back so he can grab at it when he's not running his hand through the front of it...:drool: ....he still has a good amount of hair,too...bless him...he's so,so,soooo sexy... :love::bono:

Granted I would like Bono to get a few layers and dye the hair back to a darker shade (of course if he did that he would kinda be a metrosexual - not that there is anything wrong with that - grooming can be a good thing)- but honestly its always been his personality/inner sexiness that he seems to exude (in large amounts) that is a bigger turn on for me. Bono at 20, 30, 40...its all good
hugs
Chrissi

What I think some of us miss a VERY IMPORTANT IDEA when we speak about Bono's looks and why we are attracted to them. ;)

Bono's TRUE BEAUTY - the handsomeness of his physical looks - EMANATES FROM HIS INNER BEAUTY. :up: :angel:

Bono's charisma, poise and sexiness comes from his inner confidence and sense of purpose in life - to help each person he meets to feel better about themselves and his dedication to make our world a better and more positive place for all. :hug:

It is this INNER LIGHT, this inner beauty of Bono's Spirit that spills over to his physical body and attracts so many people.

BONO LOOKS AS GOOD TO ME AS HE EVER DID - AND WILL LOOK JUST AS GOOD TO ME FORTY YEARS FROM NOW BECAUSE I LOVE BONO FROM THE INSIDE! :bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

Well, of course. I'd say that's the case for a lot of fans? It's the music, the personality, "the whole thing" (R&H line that always makes me giggle for no apparent reason? :uhoh: ) that makes the band as attractive as they are.

Looks alone have never done much for me anyway. :shrug:

Sure, sure, good people on the inside, good music, good personality, whatever. Come on girls. None of us would be on this website posting pics if it weren't for their looks;) Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about drooling. We love them for all those reasons, and we can enjoy their looks too! :yes:

there is no denying that one of the reasons that I love Bono is that he is just nummy to look at - but you add the vocie, the personality, the awareness fo world problems/doing something about them, the voice, the stage presence, the voice, it just makes the entire package that more enjoyable to look at. But no I am not going to give up guilty pleasure of drooling over pics Bono (and all of the boys) because again - nummy
Chrissi

U2Kitten said:
Sure, sure, good people on the inside, good music, good personality, whatever. Come on girls. None of us would be on this website posting pics if it weren't for their looks;) Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about drooling. We love them for all those reasons, and we can enjoy their looks too! :yes:

:yes: True! I admit it...I could stare at his blue eyes all day...and night:love:

Bono is sexy- inside and out!!!:drool:

Teehee! I'm not feeling guilty , I was just saying it all goes together to make them even hotter.

But it doesn't exactly hurt that they're all smoking red already. :flirt:

Why oh why did I go look at all the Troy pics again. :crazy: Have schoolwork to do., Must....concentrate....

Last edited:
Well I have been looking at the new pics latley of him with longer hair. I like it alot my self. And the colors is REALLY GREAT.

eriekittym:drool:

Okay - You are so right - I really am not looking at his personality in that picture - I am looking at a really excellent complete package - talk about a toe curling/mouth watering pic

Yeah that's one beautiful .... personality there :drool: :sexywink:

Hi eriekittym! :wave: :hug: Good to see you back too! Please come back for Leather Day tommorrow!

You too Billie! :sexywink: :wave:

Hi *waves* U2 Kitten Sorry I had not been around much latley. I had problems with my computer. Iam slowly getting back. Leather oh I well be there :) ofcourse. But I have lost alot of my pics though :( Though thank you fore the welcome back.

eriekittym:):)

eriekittym said:
Hi *waves* U2 Kitten Sorry I had not been around much latley. I had problems with my computer. Iam slowly getting back. Leather oh I well be there :) ofcourse. But I have lost alot of my pics though :( Though thank you fore the welcome back.

eriekittym:):)

I'm sorry about your computer :( I lost a lot too on my old one. They're still on there but I can't get them off because it doesn't work. I did have several hundred uploaded to my fotki page. You are as always welcome to raid my stash. But even if you don't post come by anyway!

Thank you U2 Kitten turned out my hard drive went really bad. I had to get a new hard drive. Thats why I lost of my pics. I reamber you also had computer problems. Hope things have gotten better fore you with youre computer. About youre pics on youre site. Thank you I well see what pics I can find. Thats really kind of you. But even if I dont get a chance to go over to night . I well still be here tomrrow fore sure. Looking out fore the Bono necks I can find LOL:). Btw I like youre new sig tag. That pic of Bono thene next to it the Bono kitty. Love it!

eriekittym

Cute Irish Bono said:
Now I like the hair JT Bono. But I am a big fan of Pop Bono and Elevation Bono. I really like his dyed black hair. But now I am really growing to like his hair now. I saw the pics from Bono's graduation and they were beautiful! Great smiles, too! :wink: Anyways, my point is if there's any more pics that haven't been posted of that, please post them. :) I esp. love this already posted one. :cute:

bman.jpg

*Picture resized by Sicy - too large

With that black outfit and the peace sign,he looks like Moises with blue shades.:wink:

that's a terrible hair style, he looks older than he is. I would love it back to dark again. He looked nice and young and fresh in elevation.

Back
Top Bottom