Bono's hair in Q magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me too! I :heart: the 80's :hyper:

It's kinda funny, I always thought most people got nostlagic for their highschool years. Mine were 90-94, but I don't really care about them, I'm more nostalgic for my gradeschool years the 80's :yes: I must have at least ten of those 80's compilation CDs :)

Maybe that's why I :heart: Bono's mullet the way I do :cute: :lol:

KristenF said:
I can agree that this particular hairstyle was a little on the cheesy side, but they should cut him some slack. It was the 80's and everything was pretty funky back then. If he was still sporting that look today, then maybe he'd be asking for ridicule. But anyone who lived through this decade knows that Bono was the height of cool for what was stylish at that time. I just think Q should have considered how old the picture was before making fun of him, that's all.
Here Here! You have to have lived the 80's to appreciate 'the look' ! They're well out of order!!

kellyahern said:

It's kinda funny, I always thought most people got nostlagic for their highschool years. Mine were 90-94, but I don't really care about them, I'm more nostalgic for my gradeschool years the 80's :yes:

We'll see if I get nostalgic for my high school years within the next 10 years. I probably will, LOL. High school held some good times for me. :yes:.

Originally posted by kellyahern
I must have at least ten of those 80's compilation CDs :)

I have a few of those, too. I may not be a fan of the fashions that occurred in the '80s, but I love '80s music-I don't know why it gets bashed so much, 'cause so much great stuff came out then (I mean, hello, U2 started their career in the 80s-that alone is a good enough reason to like the decade, right?). Yeah, there were a few crappy songs here and there, but that's the case with every decade. The majority of the music rocked, in my opinion. And it holds some memories for me, what with my hearing a lot of the songs on MTV and everything during that time period.

Originally posted by kellyahern

Maybe. :).

Angela

I agree that Bono should be given a break - it was the '80s, everyone had strange hair! :lol: Lord knows I did! When I started high school I had a perm that I lived to regret, and then I had sort of a female version of the mullet. :huh: I think Bono grew his out long before I did!

I can't really say that I'd want the fashions to come back, but then again if a person likes them and wants to wear them-more power to you. Do what makes you happy.:yes:
I do think the 80's were a cool time to be in high school. The music was great, we had all those classic teen movies. It was just a fun time to grow up.
I did and still do love the 80's.
:heart:

I'm not even saying I want them to come back, just that I really don't think with as much stupid looking hairstyles and stuff there are going on today that there's any room to talk or to put down the 80's styles as if today's are any better. Like there's this girl who works at the grocery store I go to, and she is always gelling her hair into stupid designs, and she has like 4 rings in each eyebrow, 2 in her lips, 2 through her nose, one that hangs down with a bulb thing on it, and a purple ribbon around her neck with a turkey bone in it. How could a person who looks like that have any right to diss the 80's? :shrug: I prefer the 80's to most of the stuff I've seen people sporting the past few years. That's what I mean:yes:

The time will surely come when the styles of today and the last few years will be made fun of terribly, and that's when the 80's will finally get their revenge! :happy:

Yes it was a good time to grow up :)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

It's kinda funny, I always thought most people got nostlagic for their highschool years. Mine were 90-94, but I don't really care about them, I'm more nostalgic for my gradeschool years the 80's :yes: I must have at least ten of those 80's compilation CDs

:yes: :cute:

My high school years were 84-88, good U2 times :love: But I also have fond memories of my grade school years and am very nostalgic for the 70's too. :)

I guess I've been in denial all these years, but that Live Aid hairdo is very definitely a mullet, isn't it? And I love it!!!

This coming from the girl who used to get her hair cut like Larry Mullen back in high school...

Ahhh, the 80s. What a time.

Bah. He knows inside that his mullet was hot and he probably wonders what the big joke is as much as I do :scratch: :shrug: He's just playing along because he knows for some unknown reason it became an internet joke and he's just heading them off at the pass to get it out of the way before they start it;) It's the old 'steal their thunder' ploy :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom