Bono's hair dye questions for those in the know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
Does anyone know how Bono keeps his hair colored so well?

His has had so many different colors over the last 6 months between all the different shades of brown and black.

I almost never see any roots so he must dye it all the time. From what I understand, the hair will only take so much coloring before it turns howdy doody red and stops taking color.

So HOW does he dye so often as to hide the roots without overexposing his hair so that it will not accept color anymore?

Just curious from a man starting to go gray and pondering what to do about it. Maybe I'll just leave it natural :)

Hope all is well out there.

Still hangin on...

Hmm...I'm not totally sure....BUT I have seen pics of Bono with roots. It's kinda cute cause his hair was dyed black and you can see this reddish brown coming in.

I'm sure if you dyed your hair you wouldn't be dying it as often as Bono---bout every two months or so would help with the grey.

But I find some men with salt and pepper hair to be very sexy....I'd be very upset if Richard Gere started to hit the bottle.

True Bono has had roots show through between dye jobs in the past . I think he's probably using something semi permanent now since it's not as harsh on the hair. It fades gradually and looks really natural.

Seabird said:
About every month to month and a half my roots and underneath layer of my hair go gray :sigh: I hate to dye it all just because of the roots, but I do because I'm afraid it won't match :uhoh:

I know exactly what you mean. Red is so hard to get right. I let the professionals take care of mine. I spend way too much on my hair. That, and shoes.

starsgoblue said:
I just became a brunette myself....and my hair actually feels healthier.

*Bonus....Bono likes dark haired girls! I'm dancing on stage this tour for sure now...whoohoo! (I like to pretend) *

Ain't that the truth! I have naturally black shiny hair but If I decide to keep long like I have it right now I prefer it a chocolate brown or wine reddiish brown *which is the color I have it now*
It does look heathier/shiner dark *not to brag but I get a lot of compliments on my hair...If I decide to have it shorter/ shoulder length then I might dye it black...And Yes Stars we stand a pretty good chance next tour...

As far as Bono I wouldn't mind being his hairdresser if he ever needs one..Im very good w/working w hair I do prefer his hair darker though...:drool:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
I've been changing my hair color since 8th grade first it was black. Then in highschool I found Manic Panic. You couldn't miss me in a crowd after that! Recently I let my natural brown grow out for a year. I like to give my hair a rest every 16 years. :slant:
Now I'm back to blue black again......my hair is pretty healthy too. We all must have the type of hair you could sew with.....STRONG *flexes her arms and strikes a silly pose*
:D

Originally posted by starsgoblue *Bonus....Bono likes dark haired girls! I'm dancing on stage this tour for sure now...whoohoo! (I like to pretend) *

There is nothing wrong with visualization :dance: :wink:

Well, can I get in this conversation? I've been dying my hair for over 20 years. My hair is naturally brown. In fact, I think the shade is pretty close to Bono's natural color. Damn, between the hair, the lack of height, the light blue eyes, the big noses, and cleft chins, Bono and I could be brother and sister.

Anyway, my hair color has been blonde, dark brunette, black, and burgandy. I became a redhead over 10 years ago thanks to a roommate who was a hairdresser and red suits me just peachy. I've been told red shades make my blue eyes look even bluer and red really suits my fair coloring. The only thing that sucks is that reds fade so damn quickly. I'm constantly re-touching.

starsgoblue said:
*Bonus....Bono likes dark haired girls! I'm dancing on stage this tour for sure now...whoohoo! (I like to pretend) *
I'm glad you just said that! I thought the only brunette he loves is Ali. I've red somewhere that he can easily loose is mind for a blonde, but I guess it would loose it for most beautiful women...

starsgoblue said:

I could be anything he wanted me to be--that's why they call me Bono's Doll--he can bend me, shape me, anyway he wants me.

Heeee! So I am not the only one that thinks Bono loves his dark haired women? As a girl with very very dark hair, that makes me :drool: Now if I can only manage to temporarily lose about 6 inches off my height and get front row tickets, I know I could go on stage with Bono.

I know, I am dellusional, but you never argue with the mentally unstable... :huh:

Miroslava said:
Heeee! So I am not the only one that thinks Bono loves his dark haired women? As a girl with very very dark hair, that makes me :drool: Now if I can only manage to temporarily lose about 6 inches off my height and get front row tickets, I know I could go on stage with Bono.

I know, I am dellusional, but you never argue with the mentally unstable... :huh:

I think we are all somewhat delusional, love. When everyone has commented on my hair I've had to throw in the Bono liking dark hair bit. You can imagine the amount of blank stares I have gotten in response. Thank God I have you girls here in PLEBA who understand!

Miroslava said:

lol, I'm considering working off 20 lbs incase I want to sit on my bf's shoulders during a concert.

starsgoblue said:

I think we are all somewhat delusional, love. When everyone has commented on my hair I've had to throw in the Bono liking dark hair bit. You can imagine the amount of blank stares I have gotten in response. Thank God I have you girls here in PLEBA who understand!

LOL, that's great...Bono likes dark hair!? Yay! I'm short, dark brown hair with some reddish highlights... maybe I stand a chance :D but I'm only 16 :sad:

oh well stars I'm sure you'll get picked! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom