BONO's Hair a modern mullet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SailorJi_2

The Fly
Hmm....Bono's threads have been nagging on me for quite some time now. Honestly...i don't like the mop. It's kinda longish with it kinda poufy in some places and straight/greasy looking in others. hehe. It's kinda like a mullet, but not exactly...kind of like a modern mullet rather. In some pics tho, his hair does look nice and i like it when he runs his hands through it...but i'd like to see a change.

If any of you have seen, i believe it's the walk on video, Bono's hair is kind of short and spikey. (he's wearing a sleeveless shirt) But that look is awesome, so is the fly hair, and some of the pop hair. but elevation hair? no.

sj

------------------
"The world is often a wicked place, when you look around, but it's also full of beauty...and beauty is the consolation prize really...and we just have to find more of it and we have to look for it in unexpected places...its not just in those fashion spreads,
that's not real beauty...There is beauty to be found in everyday things."
?Bono
http://home.pacbell.net/sylviaji/

OOh, you IS bad. Don't you know that is a bad subject around here? Nothing gets PLEBA girls into more fights than hair. I sure wish you never said that.

I do want to go on the record as saying I LOVE the Elevation hair, I think it's perfect for him. I love the color, length, and style. It's my favorite, it's very much like the Fly/MacPhisto hair! It's no 'mullet' but whatever you call it it's gorgeous.

I wouldn't exactly call it a mullet, but I have to agree. This isn't the best hair that Bono has had. I loved his hair when it was short and spiky in the "Beautiful Day" on the DVD!! I think that is my favorite Bono haircut of all time. I have liked most of his hair cuts. The long JT hair is very sexy, but would look silly if he had it now. The POPmart hair was cute, but I know that most fans didn't like it. Fly hair=Very Sexy!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

*sneaks in*

Yay mullets!

Erm ... it's sort of a quasi mullet .... a semi mullet ... it's the diet coke of mullets ... the margerine of mullets ... (sorry obscure Austin Powers reference due to lack of sleep, too much stress and too much caffeine).

*sneaks out*

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

No matter the hairdo! It's the HAIR dang it!!!
biggrin.gif

You want to talk mullets????? I just got back from Oklahoma (sorry Heartland girl, no offense intended) and trust me, Bono does not have a mullet right now. We saw so many mullets in 3 days that my sister and I actually started approaching guys and asking if we could take pictures of the mullets and most of them said yes!!! So no, I don't see Bono's current style as any type of mullet.

By the way Sailor, did you know before you posted this thread what a touchy subject Bono's hair, mullets in particular, can be around here?
biggrin.gif
You're pretty brave!!!

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
You want to talk mullets????? I just got back from Oklahoma (sorry Heartland girl, no offense intended) and trust me, Bono does not have a mullet right now. We saw so many mullets in 3 days that my sister and I actually started approaching guys and asking if we could take pictures of the mullets and most of them said yes!!! So no, I don't see Bono's current style as any type of mullet.

By the way Sailor, did you know before you posted this thread what a touchy subject Bono's hair, mullets in particular, can be around here?
biggrin.gif
You're pretty brave!!!

I agree Bono's American Wife, I have seen the mullet in all it's "glory" and Bono's current hair is not a mullet.

PS... How are things with your family? I hope they are better (((((((hugs)))))))))

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Bonobono is a gentle boy

Originally posted by daisybean:

I agree Bono's American Wife, I have seen the mullet in all it's "glory" and Bono's current hair is not a mullet.

PS... How are things with your family? I hope they are better (((((((hugs)))))))))

Hi Daisy!!!! Thanks so much for asking. Things are much, much better but I don't want to hijack Sailor's topic so I'll give everyone an update in another thread.
smile.gif

Welcome back Bono's American Wife! Yes, I agree with you. There was a thread like this on EYKIW a week or so ago. Dustybot said people need to get a clearer definition of a mullet. Some idiots, just for the sake of a pathetic attempt at a joke, will call any hair that isn't cut all the way off a mullet and that is just stupid. BAW, maybe you can post some of your vacation pics so anyone confused can know the difference.

BTW which town were those guys in? I like mullets, Give me directions, please!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
Welcome back Bono's American Wife! Yes, I agree with you. There was a thread like this on EYKIW a week or so ago. Dustybot said people need to get a clearer definition of a mullet. Some idiots, just for the sake of a pathetic attempt at a joke, will call any hair that isn't cut all the way off a mullet and that is just stupid. BAW, maybe you can post some of your vacation pics so anyone confused can know the difference.

BTW which town were those guys in? I like mullets, Give me directions, please!
biggrin.gif

Well, I would be more than happy to post a mullet shot or two!!! My dad lives in Bristow but the we saw the best mullets in Sapulpa and Sand Springs. We didn't see any in Tulsa though. Just follow old Route 66 and you'll see plenty!!!

Now, this is a mullet!

We got this one by sneak attack while he was in line at the Pop Shop convenience store.
DSCN0981.JPG

We asked him to pose for this one!
DSCN0982.JPG

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 02-26-2002).]

LOL. Hmm...Bono's hair a touchy subject? i had no idea. Bring it on baby!!!!!!!!

------------------
"The world is often a wicked place, when you look around, but it's also full of beauty...and beauty is the consolation prize really...and we just have to find more of it and we have to look for it in unexpected places...its not just in those fashion spreads,
that's not real beauty...There is beauty to be found in everyday things."
?Bono
http://home.pacbell.net/sylviaji/

<-------appreciates the Elevation hair very much thank you!
smile.gif

You sure are the opposite of me Sailor! I liked all his hairstyles EXCEPT the mid-late 90's ones LOL! The BD haircut was a little too short and thin, you could see his scalp through it, but I guess if you're the type of person who's into virtual baldness that wouldn't bother you
wink.gif
Besides as much as I destest slimy looking spikes on teenage boys, they look absolutely absurd on a 40+ man. That's my 2 cents, will we both be flamed?
eek.gif

Now my examples-

MULLET (IMO THIS is the only true mullet Bono ever had)

bono1.jpg

NOT A MULLET

perface0.jpg

Since the WEF and SB it's even shorter, haven't you noticed?

%26sb5.jpg

Bono's American Wife! Good to see you back, thanks for the REAL MULLETS now everyone can know what one looks like! The guy seems so proud, didn't he? Maybe he wants to be famous for being the 'MULLET KING' LOL!

Originally posted by *Stormy*:

Bono's American Wife! Good to see you back, thanks for the REAL MULLETS now everyone can know what one looks like! The guy seems so proud, didn't he? Maybe he wants to be famous for being the 'MULLET KING' LOL!

Oh Stormy, you have no idea how happy this dude was to pose! All his buddies were standing around scratching their heads trying to figure out why 2 girls were taking his picture. He even asked us if we wanted to see the back but we thought a profile shot would show him in all his mullet glory!!! Most of the people we talked to had never heard of a mullet as "business in the front, party in the rear" and they laughed their asses off. Mullet hunting was a blast!

Originally posted by SailorJi_2:
Hmm....Bono's threads have been nagging on me for quite some time now. Honestly...i don't like the mop. It's kinda longish with it kinda poufy in some places and straight/greasy looking in others. hehe. It's kinda like a mullet, but not exactly...kind of like a modern mullet rather. In some pics tho, his hair does look nice and i like it when he runs his hands through it...but i'd like to see a change.

If any of you have seen, i believe it's the walk on video, Bono's hair is kind of short and spikey. (he's wearing a sleeveless shirt) But that look is awesome, so is the fly hair, and some of the pop hair. but elevation hair? no.

sj

I'm with you, SailorJi_2, I love Bono with short hair. I loved the hair in the 60 minutes II interview and the BD video. Didn't like the hair on Leno, it looked kinda weird, to much hairspray or something. Loved the hair on the Much Music special but not at the MTV awards. I think the hair looked good at the Superbowl but I wish it was a little more wavy, more like the Zootv hair. Okay, I'm done talking about the hair
wink.gif
I do tend to get a little obssesed over it, it's not healthy...

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Back
Top Bottom