Bono's Hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
There's a difference between Bono's Elevation hair and his Vertigo hair, but I can't figure out what it is. Anyone here know?

I think in Elevation he kinda sorta had bangs...the Vertigo hair was combed back. I could check my files for reference, but they are a mess right now. I'm sure if we hang tight, someone more organized than I will have side by side pictures and provide us the scientific analysis.

bonosweaty3.jpg
79952b7f.jpg

(I've found it has become increasingly difficult to find a picture of Bono's hair not completely slicked back with sweat or clad in one of his favored hats)

if we're are really going to do this it is essential to have a compare/contrast study

The elevation hair had, for lack of a better term, more "lift" than the Vertigo hair style which had more of sleek bob style to it. The Elevation hair also has more layering to it as well as a darker all over coloring. The Vertigo style, in contrast, seems to have more of a one-dimensional cut with some high/low lights added to increase the illusion of depth and fullness

The hairline is seen to higher in the Vertigo style but that could be caused by the lack of bangs seen in the Elevation style. I also believe that more product was used to create the elevation style which would be completely useless in the first 15 minutes of any show as the hair is, by that time, slicked back with sweat.

In conclusion, I believe that Bono’s hair learned some hard lessons during the Elevation stage . Too much layering and coloring left him looking like an extra in a boy band . After some hard years of growing out the hair (seen in the next picture) to its original color and length that could be easily stuffed into a cowboy hat or strange black policeman’s cap
bono_troy1.jpg

A few blowouts and highlights later, Bono’s Vertigo hair was in fighting form
ABOY_NYC_BONO38.jpg

but the Vertigo hair is not fool-proof
83855da6.jpg

which of course leads us to the inevitable conclusion that this style works best (henceforth to be called “that strange and very long without any news period between the 3rd and 3.5th leg of the Vertigo Tour hairstyle” ) Easy to wear, easy to cover with hoodies, caps, or cowboy hats without ruining its shape or style
2d503d31.jpg

but this would be the next logical step in the evolution of the hair
8439626chrissib4302006124536PM.jpg

not that there is anything wrong with that :wink:

nurse chrissi said:

The elevation hair had, for lack of a better term, more "lift" than the Vertigo hair style which had more of sleek bob style to it. The Elevation hair also has more layering to it as well as a darker all over coloring. The Vertigo style, in contrast, seems to have more of a one-dimensional cut with some high/low lights added to increase the illusion of depth and fullness

:bow:

In conclusion: Elevation hair = fluff, Vertigo hair = helmet.

*3 Plebans post pictures of Elevation hair and Vertigo hair*
*6 Plebans :drool: over Elevation hair*
*6 Plebans :drool: over Vertigo hair*
*2 Plebans mention that his hair is now short and he looks like Pop Bono*
*4 Plebans get in a fight over which is better, Elevation or Vertigo hair*
*1 Pleban snarkily mentions he's balding*
*8 Plebans gang up on the snarky one*
*1 Pleban bemoans lost sex appeal*
*15 Plebans gang up on the bemoaner*
*Thread gets merged with another Bono's Hair thread*

:wink: I kid because I love.

nurse chrissi said:
bonosweaty3.jpg
79952b7f.jpg

(I've found it has become increasingly difficult to find a picture of Bono's hair not completely slicked back with sweat or clad in one of his favored hats)

if we're are really going to do this it is essential to have a compare/contrast study

The hairline is seen to higher in the Vertigo style but that could be caused by the lack of bangs seen in the Elevation style. I also believe that more product was used to create the elevation style which would be completely useless in the first 15 minutes of any show as the hair is, by that time, slicked back with sweat.

In conclusion, I believe that Bono’s hair learned some hard lessons during the Elevation stage . Too much layering and coloring left him looking like an extra in a boy band . After some hard years of growing out the hair (seen in the next picture) to its original color and length that could be easily stuffed into a cowboy hat or strange black policeman’s cap
bono_troy1.jpg

A few blowouts and highlights later, Bono’s Vertigo hair was in fighting form
ABOY_NYC_BONO38.jpg

but the Vertigo hair is not fool-proof
83855da6.jpg

which of course leads us to the inevitable conclusion that this style works best (henceforth to be called “that strange and very long without any news period between the 3rd and 3.5th leg of the Vertigo Tour hairstyle” ) Easy to wear, easy to cover with hoodies, caps, or cowboy hats without ruining its shape or style
2d503d31.jpg

but this would be the next logical step in the evolution of the hair
8439626chrissib4302006124536PM.jpg

not that there is anything wrong with that :wink:

What a delightful in-depth illustrated dissertation--I love it! :heart:

Schmeg said:
Vertigo :shh:

The bangy bits in the Elevation hair scare me :scream: But sometimes when he had them pushed back (and it looked more like the Vertigo hair) it looked okay.

But I'm a Popchop/Vertibuzz fan :wink:

I like the Vertigo hair better. I don't know why, but I think that he looks good. His Elevation hair is okay, but I like Vertigo better.

Originally posted by Schmeg

3 Plebans post pictures of Elevation hair and Vertigo hair*6 Plebans over Elevation hair*
*6 Plebans over Vertigo hair*
*Thread gets merged with another Bono's Hair thread

:laugh: And that's why I love these threads the best

:shh: doesn't like the vertigo hair for some reason....vertibuzz is cool when it's styled

I've always liked the elevation hair :shrug:

hcbiggs2002 said:
It always amuses me that Americans call a fringe bangs! :lol: I wonder what the origin of that is?!? :wink:

BTW:- Bono's long Vertigo hair style.....:drool:

It always makes me laugh too! A while back a friend said something to me along the lines of 'i been without bangs for a while now'
i was like - :eyebrow: :ohmy:

:lmao: Chrissi!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Schmeg said:
*3 Plebans post pictures of Elevation hair and Vertigo hair*
*6 Plebans :drool: over Elevation hair*
*6 Plebans :drool: over Vertigo hair*

:lol:

...plus the 5 that comments how none of the present hairstyles will ever look better than the mullet/JT-ponytail/fly-style (insert your own historic favourite)! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom