Bono's Gretsch guitar on Elevation tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenlight7-11

War Child
OK, so you know the green Gretsch he plays on Walk On... I've always noticed there is something on the pickguard that looks like labels made with one of those old punch label makers. Is that what I'm seeing and if so, what do the labels say? I apologize if this is something that's been discussed before (and I'll bet it has) but I just now got around to asking about it.

"The Goal is Soul" ?

Is that what you mean? :)

3395855923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D534%3D557%3D3232534466785nu0mrj

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
"The Goal is Soul" ?

Is that what you mean? :)

3395855923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D534%3D557%3D3232534466785nu0mrj
I guess so. From a distance, it honestly looks like those punch label strips. I feel dumb now, but this is really the first time I've seen a close shot of that guitar.

Allegra said:
You can even see it closer at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Right next to that guitar is his flag jacket that he wore on the day of the Super Bowl. If you haven't gone to the Rock Hall yet, you need to go!

I didn't realize how gorgeous that guitar was until I actually saw it up close. I was mesmorized by it for quite sometime.

Kariann said:

I didn't realize how gorgeous that guitar was until I actually saw it up close. I was mesmorized by it for quite sometime.

it is gorgeous! :shifty: I was more into Edge's guitar downstairs but this one was quite a sight! :sigh: I want to go back to the Hall of Fame!!!!!! :scream:

Back
Top Bottom