Bono's Fashion Faux Pas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the way Bono dresses. He's so individual, like he really doesn't care what ppl think and that in my book is so much more attractive then some bloke standing in front of a mirror for an hour, preening himself. It's like he just throws it on and thinks: that'll do. :lol:

Perfect. :)

Totally agree--forget what I said before--he can look hot in sweatpants & flipflops. (where's that trailer trash pic) :drool:

youvedonewhat said:
I love the way Bono dresses. He's so individual, like he really doesn't care what ppl think and that in my book is so much more attractive then some bloke standing in front of a mirror for an hour, preening himself. It's like he just throws it on and thinks: that'll do. :lol:

Perfect. :)

:lol: agreed! he ain't a metrosexual! he's THE ubersexual! :wink:

:shh: no I didn't made that up,... it's in a book..

my opinion as a designer: "the subject has broken all the precepts of Color Teory"

my opinion as a fan: "what the fuck??? :confused:"

one thing is to be an individual... dressing like you are daltonic is completely different

*waiting for the stones :uhoh: * :wink:

Last edited:
I'm diggin this outfit:up:

he looks different..interesting...stands out..better than a boring old stiff black suit:yuck: He looks like someone I'd take interest in.

lets face it. bono just doesnt do normal:wink:

Dear Bono,

You are going to be 46 years old in a few days.

Please learn to tie a tie, or at the least, get someone to do it for you.

I'm available ASAP. I'm also experenced in the care and feeding of high end designer sunglasses.

You can reach me here at PLEBA.

Sin-cerely,

PG43

Just think of what we're probably not seeing as well in that pic...an unbuttoned jacket and the trademark untucked shirt. That should add to the picture. :wink:

(agree the tie does go better with the black shirt)

:shocked: :shocked: Doesn't he have a stylist who travels with him and picks out his clothes? Most rock stars and movie stars do. I just don't get this look. He must wear the purple shirt with NO TIE at all, or at least a light purple tie. Conservative looks are not for him. I'll dress him anyday!!:combust:

Just... no.

The tie is already kinda gaudy, and the fact that he decided to pair it was a shirt of a bright, complimentary color just plays up the gaudiness. The shade of the shades just goes very poorly with every piece of the outfit, and the jacket looks very akward with everything else in the outfit, as though he had thrown it on at the last minute trying to make himself look more formal.

Although I can't say that any aspect of this outfit has surprised me. He usually looks great in purple, has never been known to have the ability to dress up well, and is probably very attracted bright, shiny objects.

I don't think it's all that bad really - i've seen him wearing worse outfits!

I dunno, it always fails me how someone so fucking loaded like Bono can't afford a decent stylist. And he travels with how many personal assistants? Can't ONE of them just say "Bono, you look like shit, get changed!" :mad:

Maybe he forgot where he put his luggage and borrowed bits and bobs from other people. :shrug: (He's still adorable! :wink: )

blueeyedgirl said:
I dunno, it always fails me how someone so fucking loaded like Bono can't afford a decent stylist. And he travels with how many personal assistants? Can't ONE of them just say "Bono, you look like shit, get changed!" :mad:

with things like this... I don't think he travels with any PA's... well maybe one...
and it's not that he can't afford a stylist... he thinks he doesn't need one... and he doesn't care much about it anywayz.. (wich is obvious here :wink: )

I always figured if you like it what does it matter what others think. But if he needs suggestions from me--I'm there for you B.

BonoFox1 said:

01meet052006.jpg

Awww would you all look at that, Bono sleeve with purple shirt and jacket! :drool:

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:

with things like this... I don't think he travels with any PA's... well maybe one...
and it's not that he can't afford a stylist... he thinks he doesn't need one... and he doesn't care much about it anywayz.. (wich is obvious here :wink: )

i love him more for that reason..clothes, style..really who gives a crap.

As stated in the RSOC#230...

Bono could really learn a thing or two from Adam! :giggle: Now, there's a man that knows how to dress in a suit! :drool:

I agree too! bono is bono, he has his own unique look and looks gorgeous no matter what. hell, he could be the worst dressed man at an event and still look :combust: to me!

:hug: don't ever change bono, we love you as you are! :love:

Merc said:
As stated in the RSOC#230...

Bono could really learn a thing or two from Adam! :giggle: Now, there's a man that knows how to dress in a suit! :drool:

Well In my opinion Adam has made some "horrid" fashion choices in dressing and hairstyles....
I honestly don't think of Adam as "posh" in dressing. or style...but Posh in coolnes..he is easy going and laid back(I was lucky enough to meet Mr. Clayton and he is a total doll) :love:
..I could fill a whole thread on Bad Adam fashion, but the evidence has been posted though out threads and such.

No I dont think Bono should learn a thing or two about Adam fashion Adam looks great in a suit and tie, but Bono has dressed very well and looks amazing in suits too.....the fact that he can wear a royal purple shirt and a gold tie says that he is a rock star and is not into boring, likes to stand out, and most importantly (in Larrys words) " I really admire and respect Bono, he does'nt give a fuck what people think about him)....

You go Bono, keep doing what you like..I still LOVE-YA!!!!:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom