Bono's "Electrical Storm"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildhoney22

Refugee
I read that it was reported that one of the songs the boys are working on for the new album is called "Electrical Storm"

Hmmm.... wonder what the Electrical Storm is.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

I heard that was only one song, and I saw someone write that it might have something to do with the terrible storm in Minnesota the day of that concert when their plane was sent to Fargo, ND.

I think it might be a reference to the energy generated by the Elevation Tour! Bono said he wanted to record right away to harness it while the power is still there, they were so highly charged coming off the tour, and he wanted to capture that.

Congrats Wildhoney22, now mine is the only thread without a response. *sniff*

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

In that Gear article, Bono is asked if NY is an autobiographical song. He said that most people think it is, but it isn't. He said if he had had a midlife crisis at all, HIS happened when he was 27. He says, " I have electrical storms of a different kind now."
Also, he said (in regard to changing the lyrics to NY after Sept. 11th), "It felt right. The electrical storms people have in their heads on a daily basis really mean very little when you're up against terrorism." So, our Bono has been working on this idea for awhile now as this interview was done days after the MSG shows.

------------------
"I watched it for a little while... I love to watch things on TV"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~

Originally posted by Julyfly:
In that Gear article, Bono is asked if NY is an autobiographical song. He said that most people think it is, but it isn't. He said if he had had a midlife crisis at all, HIS happened when he was 27. He says, " I have electrical storms of a different kind now."
Also, he said (in regard to changing the lyrics to NY after Sept. 11th), "It felt right. The electrical storms people have in their heads on a daily basis really mean very little when you're up against terrorism." So, our Bono has been working on this idea for awhile now as this interview was done days after the MSG shows.

Thanks for posting this! I hadn't read that. Interesting.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

Originally posted by Discoteque:
it's what happens when Edge wears his bedazzled pants and he starts sweating....

ZZZZZAP!!! CRACKLE!!! KABOOOOM!!!
biggrin.gif

Ssssssmokin.....

Hee hee!

...just issued by the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma, a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for the entire PLEBA region...the watch could be upgraded to a warning as soon as U2 releases their follow-up to ATYCLB...stayed tuned and we'll keep you posted...

<----grew up in tornado alley

Back
Top Bottom