Bono's Dancing Girls - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so getting up there this tour I don't care what it takes :scream: although I'd be scared of falling off the catwalk I'd be going so nutz :wink:

Carmelu2fan said:
How do I get up there to dance with Bono, I have been a dancer fo 5 years!!!! Help!!!!:huh:

most obvious way to catch his attention- make a sign asking to dance w/ him. :)

or, just try your luck and hope that he notices you... good luck!! :up:

Yeah, during the PopMart tour, while the band still used to play "If You Wear That Velvet Dress", this girl on this other U2 site actually went out and bought this cool velvet dress and made a sign saying something like "I wore this Velvet Dress all for you! Let me dance with you!" or something, and he actually read it and brought her up during the song! After a lot of teasing around, I guess making her think he was gonna pick someone else and surprise her when she wasn't looking, LOL. I thought that was so cool.

Another girl made a big sign on the Elevation tour saying "I am in an allgirl U2 cover band. Bring me up to play guitar with you!!" or something, and, of course.. Bono brought her up! And Edge lent her a guitar and she could choose what to play.
Here's a link off her story:
http://www.geocities.com/andisono/captiveu2.html

I can play drums! Maybe I'll make a sign myself and see if they bring me up. I am actually considering it. Seems he's just about willing to bring anyone up if they really want to.

Have you guys seen many people at shows with signs like that often?

i believe AlliDreamsOutLoud had a sign on the Elevation tour, when she got pulled up during Angel of Harlem. Not sure, though...

and apparently the husband of a woman who's been pulled up on Vertigo tour had a sign that said "Bono, please touch my wife" :lmao: well, it worked!

then again, i did see a woman with a sign during the Elevation tour that said "Moms can dance too"- she was in the front row, and was not pulled up. i guess that would be kinda disheartening, if you went to the trouble to make a sign, and then he didn't pull you up.... but then again, on Elevation, they were not pulling girls up w/ any sort of regularity. so a sign might be more likely to succeed on this tour!

playing drums would be awesome- i don't think they've ever done that, at least not recently. they've pulled up guitarists and even a keyboardist on the last tour- but i don't think any musicians have been up on Vertigo yet. i think they will do this soon, though.

good luck everyone! :up:

u2bonogirl said:
I can totally relate to seeing the speeding car going away. The worst thing is that I missed him earlier even though I knew where he was going to be. I didnt want to ditch Danielle though :wink:

:eyebrow:

Umm.......you couldn't remember where you had first stumbled upon it:wink: :D

:heart: you Tara!

Will you be at the Portland show?

:shifty: I might

MattFromNYC said:
Yeah, during the PopMart tour, while the band still used to play "If You Wear That Velvet Dress", this girl on this other U2 site actually went out and bought this cool velvet dress and made a sign saying something like "I wore this Velvet Dress all for you! Let me dance with you!" or something, and he actually read it and brought her up during the song! After a lot of teasing around, I guess making her think he was gonna pick someone else and surprise her when she wasn't looking, LOL. I thought that was so cool.

Another girl made a big sign on the Elevation tour saying "I am in an allgirl U2 cover band. Bring me up to play guitar with you!!" or something, and, of course.. Bono brought her up! And Edge lent her a guitar and she could choose what to play.

I can play drums! Maybe I'll make a sign myself and see if they bring me up. I am actually considering it. Seems he's just about willing to bring anyone up if they really want to.

Aww. wow she is lucky!
I can play the violin... erm..does that amount for anything? :lol:

I want to make a sign for the Vegas show. I was thinking of putting "I came all the way from Alaska to dance with you!"

I so deserve a frickin dance and I'm not going away without one.

PS* I can't believe they don't play "With or Without You".

:hmm: I'll be in Portland for the show...in GA. Thats my hometown pretty much. I grew up on the Oregon coast.
:wink: maybe if my hair is grown out some he wont recognize me and pull me up again.
I would have a blast playing guitar with the band but Im left handed and therefore out of luck unless they tote around a lefty guitar for some strange reason :rolleyes:

My dream was always to dance with Bono during with or without you :cute: Mysterious ways was perfectly fine though!!!

:bow: Tara! :bow:
:giggle: :wink:

And Tim, thanks for your side of the story! :D:up:

digsy said:
i've decided taht considering how much luck the Plebans have been having i'm just gonna go thre holding a sign that says

"i'm a Pleban - pick ME!"

:hmm:

**Makes copy of Digsy's sign**

:whistle:

sweetie said:

:p Good to know!
Was it graceless?

I felt like a feather being lifted onto the stage. Until I was on my feet and then I just felt like a brick teetering on the edge of a building, waiting to fall over and break.
Once I decided to start breathing again I was okay :rolleyes:
I actually had scratches on my side from being lifted back down into the crowd afterwards.

u2bonogirl said:

I felt like a feather being lifted onto the stage. Until I was on my feet and then I just felt like a brick teetering on the edge of a building, waiting to fall over and break.
Once I decided to start breathing again I was okay :rolleyes:
I actually had scratches on my side from being lifted back down into the crowd afterwards.

Wow--thats my biggest fear. That by some stroke of fate I'm lucky enough to be picked that security will heave-ho and shrug up to Bono and say "mate- can't do it- pick someone else"
:lol:

BTW - fabulous story!! Yours and your fiance's versions gave me chills.

I was at a concert for another band and this lady who was a bigger gal literally passed out from the heat. Their security guys didn't look to big, but damn when they saw the lady go down they had no trouble picking her up and climbing over a five foot railing with her. I'm sure the security guys are ready and able to help up just about anyone. Heck they hoisted some big guys up on stage. I wouldn't even worry about it. If you get picked, just have the time of your life and remember to breathe. lol

Well as a not very tiny girl (and a very solid one at that... I think I am made of solid lead), I have been working out my arms A LOT

:reject:

When I got to the front row in Denver and I saw the 5'6 security guards. I said to myself, "ok, this is the reason why you have been working out those arms" :wink:
One of them looked all of 16... They were still very helpful when I sent my friend over the barrier when she fainted and they helped me out too after I threw myself over the barrier after her... so definitely trust that the security guards will be of a lot of help, but I am not leaving my fate solely in their hands :wink:

Last edited:
LOVED the video Tara!!!! I didn't see any molesting going on...but nothing wrong with that right :wink: Hands in hair....smelling his neck.....Deeee-licious :drool:

In response to making a sign, I made a few signs during the Elevation tour but didn't make one for this tour. So who knows :shrug: It can't hurt to make one :)

I just say, everyone's going to have a BLAST at the show, and wishing many of you will have your Bono moment :heart:

that's courtney from the band, Exit. She is AMAZING. I got to know her in the GA line in San Diego and then saw her again in Phoenix. One cool girl!
MattFromNYC said:

starsgoblue said:
Y'all should read my latest journal entry. The word 'forklift' was used.

:wink:

:laugh:

OMG...Stars. I cannot stop laughing.

:laugh: :laugh:

:lmao:

and the picture of the wrecked forklift!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lmao:!!!!!!!!!

*Ally* said:
i
and apparently the husband of a woman who's been pulled up on Vertigo tour had a sign that said "Bono, please touch my wife" :lmao: well, it worked!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom