Bono's Dancing Girls - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naya said:
Bonosloveslave, is that you in your avatar? What show is that from? Im curious, sorry.:reject:

Sorry - I missed this earlier -

No, sadly, not me :( I'm not sure which show it was from - I believe it is one of the California shows during the Elevation tour.

My goal is to have my *own* similar pic by the end of the tour :shifty:

tara i just watched it - thats amazing girl!
you look great!
leading bono along like that :tsk:
:wink:

you gave bono a great run for his money :lol:

Last edited:
could someone please repost the video? i don't know why it's not working for me, and i'm dying to see it.. thank you!!! :bow:

bono on his knees... :drool:

bonosloveslave said:

Sorry - I missed this earlier -

No, sadly, not me :( I'm not sure which show it was from - I believe it is one of the California shows during the Elevation tour.

My goal is to have my *own* similar pic by the end of the tour :shifty:
Oh god, me to.
If I was her.. I would be dead on the spot:drool:

Queen Bee said:
Have these been posted already?

From uuu222's webshots album.

4pxj6w

4pxj6e
You know how much I wish I was you right now? :lol" That 1st pic. is adorable.

Yes...Bono skipping is too adorable. :cute:

Way to go Tara! Thanks for sharing the video with us. :up:

:drool: :drool: ..Wow Tara way to go!!!! thank you for sharing the video....and yeah thats my dream/goal for this tour to dance with Bono.:dance:...ohh i sooo excited for November!!!! :)

hey, this is from Seattle 1... Bono pulled a girl up during MW and gave her a piggyback ride around the ellipse!! :lmao:

36669U2_Key_4_24_05_200_-med.jpg

i want a "bonoback" ride, too! :cute:

i've decided taht considering how much luck the Plebans have been having i'm just gonna go thre holding a sign that says

"i'm a Pleban - pick ME!"

In one of my rare appearances in PLEBA... :mac:

I built a few web pages for Tara's experience dancing with Bono. It includes a link to the video that we have. Of course, if any more pictures surface, I'll put them on here too. :yes:

Oh, for those who don't know me, I'm Tara's fiance and I was there to share in all of this excitement! :hyper:

Bono stopped 3 times prior to picking her out for Mysterious Ways. The first time he stopped was during An Cat Dubh, and he gave her a long look. I was trying to get my stupid camera to work, but I think I futzed one of the settings (one of the reasons why I took no pictures of Tara's 2 minutes of fame.) :madspit:

He came around again during City of Blinding Lights and Tara tells me that he sung "Can you see the beauty inside of me?" to her and then followed that up by doubling over in mock pain.

By that time I had a good feeling that she might be pulled on stage. I thought I had remembered hearing stories about how he had established contact before he chose them later in the show.

Fast forward to the encore and Zoo Station is on and Bono is hamming it up on the catwalk playing up the business man who has no time. When he got to us, he passed by then he noticed her again, and came BACK to us! Tara remembers him singing the line "I'm getting ready, ready for the PUSH!" -- By this time I began pointing to her and mouthing "Take her, pick her, take her" while directing his attention toward her. (Like he needed my help! :lmao: )

I told her earlier in the show that if she smiled he wouldn't able to resist taking her, and for a second I thought she wasn't going to be chosen. He walked by us, and I thought that maybe he was going to pluck someone from dead center, but I think he just had to get his bearings on where she was located again, because sure enough he came back and reached his hand out. Tara meekly replied by slowly extending her arm. At that moment security began to try to get her over the rail. I attempted to help and did push her over, but in my excitement and fear (I was afraid he would change his mind! :rolleyes: ) I didn't get a good grip of her and so security did most of the work getting her up and over. I did get to touch her butt one last time before giving her up to Bono though :wink:

While I was watching Tara freak out and kind of freeze, I was concerned for her because I know that that she has more life than that. I can't explain why I expected (hoped?) for her to perform up there in some recognizable way, but I did. I guess maybe I just wanted her to enjoy it, and it looked like she was overwhelmed until he got on his knees and kissed her hands.

That is where she got her composure back and took control. I remember watching her feet and being fearful that she would step off the catwalk accidentally because at first her body was going in two separate directions. Her feet were propelling her away from Bono and her arms and head were trying to keep him involved. Tara is agile, but in that situation anything can happen and I was delighted that I could see her come alive in that circumstance and not just melt.

After they bounded around the heart and began to dance, I had a curious mixture of feelings going on. I was first and foremost happy for her, because I know that there are few things in THIS world that she has wanted more, and for those of you in love, is there anything better than delivering what your love wants? There was also a feeling of Pride as I thought, that is MY girl! :applaud: And then there was a thought, HEY! Bono's got his hands all over her and she's running her hands through his, HEY, those hands are for my hair! But that thought was immediately followed by a sense of peace because Tara has made it no secret which man is 1st in her life, so it makes it easier to be in Bono's orbit without worry that it would somehow negatively impact us. The opposite is actually true, she's happier and she loves me even more and I had a hand in making that situation possible.

After the show a bunch of people congratulated her and some even asked if she were a plant or part of the show. Many were surprised that it was her 1st show ever. A few complimented me for letting her go up there, and our reply was "Let? I helped push her up!"

The next day we met a ton of people in the line who recognized her and even got a picture with the little boy who got on stage both nights (Nicholas was his name) People were generous and we exchanged email addresses with a few who had pictures. We were even recognized on Friday at a Tower records. The girl behind the counter asked if she was one who got on stage and then proceeded to roll up her sleeve and show off her Joshua Tree tattoo. Very cool! :up:

But the coolest thing of all is that because my friend ADECENTMELODY was in the stands with a digital camera, he was able to film part of her experience with Bono, and it's because of him that we're able to share the experience with our family and with you. So, if you haven't downloaded it already, here is a link to the pictures and video.

Tara dances with Bono

Stars,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience as well. I loved getting to see the video of Tara! I think its so awesome that you understand what it is to be a fan and to realize that it was important for Tara and to enjoy sharing such a special moment with her. I hope you guys have many more fun U2 experiences together.

:D

Holy moley Mammy Yoakum ....:drool:

I just told my sisters he will be mine this year ... I'm bound and determined to meet him. Since I'm not going to be in GA, a meeting before a concert will be fine by me. Let's see ... I have Chicago 5/9 ... Tampa 11/16 ... and if they do Indy, I'll sure as shinola be there ....

How do I get up there to dance with Bono, I have been a dancer fo 5 years!!!! Help!!!!:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom