Bono's Dancing Girls VIII - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
komel, neel, and khelia

i havent posted here in ages! but just wanted to give a shout out to my LA girls, sorry i missed u in cali but i was there in portland and u guys were amazing.

of course the minute you told me u were rail, i was like->i know who bono is pulling up here tonight;)

also shout outs to khelia after seeing the salt lake city pics -- you look beautiful as always and serious chemistry between u and b. you are seriously the most humble girl about it all :)

robyn

so after all those times does he know khelia's name?? cuz he obviously recognizes her haha

nikkyjade said:

:ohmy: he wanted your sister in law! lucky thing!

we were on the front barrier in front of where edge has his mic and he walked past and was eyeing everyone up

how come he picked the other girl then? and she was on her knees? i didnt see that!

xxx

Karen was right in front of Bonos mic he pointed to her and this other girl who was behind her "climbed" over her!!
She was not amused!!
When the girl got up on stage she threw herself down at Bono's feet, he turned around and she stayed on the floor!!
Bit dramatic but funny as well!!

bonofox said:
so after all those times does he know khelia's name?? cuz he obviously recognizes her haha

not sure if he knows her name but he always gets a smile on his face when he sees her -- its nice to see how much bono appreciates his fans

r

Bono's Tart said:

Karen was right in front of Bonos mic he pointed to her and this other girl who was behind her "climbed" over her!!
She was not amused!!
When the girl got up on stage she threw herself down at Bono's feet, he turned around and she stayed on the floor!!
Bit dramatic but funny as well!!

are you sure this was on the 14th june and not 15th?

coz the girl B pulled up on 14th was like 13 yrs old and he picked her from the b-stage :eyebrow:

nikkyjade said:

are you sure this was on the 14th june and not 15th?

coz the girl B pulled up on 14th was like 13 yrs old and he picked her from the b-stage :eyebrow:

Sorry thought you meant on the 15th I'm confused after all the gigs!!:huh:

Bono's Tart said:

Sorry thought you meant on the 15th I'm confused after all the gigs!!:huh:

:lol:

i so wish i went to the 2nd date as well as the first...but i changed my mind because i was a little short of money with my REM and Kings Of Leon in the same week as U2 :huh:

but...next tour i will be going to as many as i can get my hands on :wink:

what are the ticket regulations in the US??? we are allowed 4 per person for one gig...or one for 4 gigs...etc...in the UK....and the GA was first come, first served basis with no ticket lottery

that actually mucked up a couple of times i hear...with bands being distributed unfairly at gates etc when they shouldnt have been

how do you lot get to so many gigs!? and does it not cost loads in hotels and flights?

nikkyjade said:

:lol:

i so wish i went to the 2nd date as well as the first...but i changed my mind because i was a little short of money with my REM and Kings Of Leon in the same week as U2 :huh:

but...next tour i will be going to as many as i can get my hands on :wink:

what are the ticket regulations in the US??? we are allowed 4 per person for one gig...or one for 4 gigs...etc...in the UK....and the GA was first come, first served basis with no ticket lottery

that actually mucked up a couple of times i hear...with bands being distributed unfairly at gates etc when they shouldnt have been

how do you lot get to so many gigs!? and does it not cost loads in hotels and flights?

We did all the UK and Ireland gigs Madrid and then Boston in December
Mostly in the UK it worked fine apart from Manchester 1 when the security where selling the wristbands for £10 each!!

As for cost yes our tickets here in the UK are very expensive compared to USA but no Christmas or Birthday presents for a few years just about covers it!!:wink:

nikkyjade said:
yeah id heard about the wristband selling saga! shocking!

wow ou did them all! thats mad! haha!

We still got in though near the b stage after our queue at Gate B blocked the entrance into the ellipse at one side for almost an hour!
Fan power!!

I dont think I have ever been as exhausted as I was after the last UK gig!!
Would I do it all again ??
In a flash!!

ah we went through gate p and when we got in we almost ran right past the guy handing out wristbands.......the 2 women in front werent so lucky and had to run all the way back to the gate to get a wristband :huh:

also loads of people had already been let on before us but we managed to get right to the front on the barrier in the ellipse so all was fine.....

and i was knackered after the one date....nevermind all UK dates!!!

Yeah I know that feeling but the security made up for it on the next show as they let Gate B in first about 2/3 minutes before the others and we all got to pick our spots. My sister in law and her sis went front rail in front of Bmans mic and I went on the rail inside the bstage Adams side with my sis as she was pregnant at the time. Great shows but they just all seem such a long time ago now even the Boston shows last month!!
It was all the driving that did us 3am starts to Glasgow and Cardiff to get in line for about 9.30am.

Happy Days!!

GA saga

Hello lovely people,

this is the first time I am hearing about anything being weird with the GA line in stadiums. So is it madness? Bc I am so excited!! Should I be ready for choas?

-DD*

well as far as im aware there was only trouble at Manchester.....and some at Glasgow...but apart from that it was ok

i dont know what the system will be in the 4th leg of the tour.....but if it is not a lottery system then you have to get there mega early to get into the elipse......even getting on the rail out if the elipse in a stadium is not near the b stages

it wont be chaos! but be prepared to queue...then run!

sorry for going off topic! anyone hit me if you want to! :huh:

Have said it all before but will say it again anyway,lol. ALL of you who got up on the stage with Bono look so great! :hug: Miro I must admit Im just in complete evny of your time with him,lol,kidding. Feel sorry for that girl who's pants fell down though. I would be so embarrassed if that had been me,lol.

sami0201 said:
OMG that poor girl who's pants fell down! :yikes:

it would have only taken her a second to pull them up! :lol:

They're not falling -- we go around with underwear coming outside from out trousere here.

:wink:

OMG! Girls!

I somehow managed to get on Universal Music Canada's Website again!

http://umusic.ca/u2/

They used their pic of me dancing with B to illustrate his being on Time Magazine! I can't imagine why, but it's tremendously flattering and totally made my day!!! :hyper:

Congrats Jess!
yippie.gif

btw, for stadium shows, if you manage to get up front, was there a wall or barricade that blocked any view of the stage? Are the b-stages the place to be?

Mrs. Edge said:
OMG! Girls!

I somehow managed to get on Universal Music Canada's Website again!

They used their pic of me dancing with B to illustrate his being on Time Magazine! I can't imagine why, but it's tremendously flattering and totally made my day!!! :hyper:

That is seriously the coolest thing ever! And wow!

:)

Lila64 said:
Congrats Jess!
yippie.gif

btw, for stadium shows, if you manage to get up front, was there a wall or barricade that blocked any view of the stage? Are the b-stages the place to be?

i was stood here:

meatgig.jpg

:hyper:

BUT.....for the most part we couldnt see larry.....we saw his head occassionally....and obviously when he went to the bstage...but thats it......so if i were to go again.....i would pick a bstage or runway position

however....my view was amazing and right close to Bono, Edge and Adam.....got a few laughs from Adam at me and my friend's excitedness over the opening chords of SBS....and Bono winked and smiled at me.....so you will be seen from standing on the front rail!

Back
Top Bottom