Bono's Dancing Girls VII - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroslava

ONE love, blood, life
"I danced every night under a mirror ball with a young lady from the Zoo TV crowd.
Every night during 'Love Is Blindness'.
They were amazing. I love it so much.
Some nights I fell in love.
I never really spoke to these people, but that's okay." - Bono

A. Campbell to Bono in a 2004 interview:
How long are you sort of gonna prance around on stage pulling moderately pretty girls out of the audience?
Oh! That's.. Hmm... I... I think I have impeccable taste in the girls that I pull out of the audience.
And... hmmm... hmm... and... I think I can still pull...

Were you one of the lucky ones pulled up? Plotting your scheme to catch Bono's eye? Tell your stories, post pics here!

These threads have focused more on Vertigo experiences - our prior rounds of discussions are here (but all dancing stories are welcome):

http://forum.interference.com/t121406.html

http://forum.interference.com/t124379.html

http://forum.interference.com/t126795.html

http://forum.interference.com/t133853.html

http://forum.interference.com/t142359.html

http://forum.interference.com/t143235.html

Some PLEBANs... feel free to add!!

Allidreamsoutloud – San Jose, April 9, 2005 - Mysterious Ways
u228lg.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 5 6 7

U2bonogirl – Denver, April 20
4pxj6w

More pictures: 1 2 3 4

Storiesforboys - Chicago, May 10 - Party Girl
517tck

More pictures: 1

Harlequinn (Khelia) - Phoenix, April 15 - Mysterious Ways
19792675-M.jpg

More pictures: 1 2

Harlequinn - Chicago, May 10th - Mysterious Ways
5518-4.jpg

Canadninan - Chicago, May 12 (A Latter Day Pleban!) - With or Without You
100e7d45.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3

girlonstage522 - Philadelphia, May 22 (a PLEBAN after the fact, but a PLEBAN nonetheless ;) ) - With or Without You
409592005-05-22_U2_Philly_073_wowy_woman_dancer_bono_2.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3 4

Last edited:
Nenril – Katowice, July 5
IMG_0306sm.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3

Popmartijn's sister - Amsterdam, July 13 (also not a PLEBAN, but since brother is a hardcore interferencer :wink: - All I Want is You
small_U2BonoSuusHandkus.jpg

let.it.be - Toronto, September 12 (also a PLEBAn after the fact! ;) ) - With or Without You
bonoandamarpreet9.jpg

More Pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mrs. Edge – Toronto, September 14 - Bad
dzyrde.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

bucket17 - Milwaukee, September 25th (also not quite the PLEBAn, but sister of an interferencer :wink:) - With or Without You
Dinaonstage8.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

u2forlife - NYC, October 7th - Fast Cars
344%3B%3B%3A2%3B23232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2348%3D%3A36%3D753%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B63787%3A%3C7ot1lsi

More pictures: 12 3 4 5 6 7 8

Last edited:
Jilly Mullen Jr - NYC, October 8th (Not quite a PLEBAN, but since she's an interferencer :wink: ) - With or Without You
2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2005-10-08%20-%20New%20York%20%28Photos%20by%20Zachary%20Gillman%29%2FDSC02669.JPG

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bloodrededge - NYC, October 8th (Also not a PLEBAN, but since she's an interferencer and Jilly's sister:wink: ) - With or Without You
IMG_0089.jpg

Harlequinn - NYC, October 11th - Fast Cars
51902666_2828cbbc4e.jpg

Allidreamsoutloud - NYC, October 14th - Fast Cars
344%3C757523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D445%3D67%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B74%3C9%3C743ot1lsi

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Last edited:
My_Kite - Philadelphia, October 16, 2005.

onstage2.jpg

Allidreamsoutloud - Las Vegas, Nov, 5th, 2005. Mysterious Ways

2ba39b4a.jpg

Irene (not a pleban, but what the hell) :D - Oakland

34556%3C%3A%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D445%3D67%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2324249%3A545%3A2ot1lsi

Sarah (Circa1992) - NYC, November 22, 2005. Mysterious Ways

04_chris_rulewich.jpg

1 2 3

The Flagship (not dancing, but what the hell :lol) - Boston, December 4, 2005 - One
c6118231.jpg

Shaynar - Buffalo, December 9, 2005 - Mysterious Ways/With or Without You

345894845%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D326%3B%3E767%3E293%3EWSNRCG%3D323339%3B4%3B2989nu0mrj

LA Twins - Portland, December 19, 2005 - Mysterious Ways/With or Without You

9743-3.jpg

Last edited:
AdamGroupie said:
U2//Vertigo Tour 05
Staples Center
November 1

I’ve have very good karma at staples center on this tour. And it’s about time. Missed Elevation Staples3 when Bono played Mysterious Ways pretty much for me. =( Interesting story too. I have many lol. But on this tour… I finally met Adam =) YAY!! Had amazing interaction. And finally… got pulled up on stage by Bono.

Ashley, Marce, and I were all excited about Staples, our first show out of six. We got there at 2am the day of and we were numbers 13, 14, 15. It was so FREAKIN’ hot at staples!! It seems like when U2 is there it is always really HOT. I had a good feeling all day. I kept getting signs hehe But everything was going to hell. Staples security screwed up the line outside when going into the venue. I got separated form Ashley and Marce by 15 peoples!! Then we didn’t scan, so we’re really upset. I ended up being two people away from them on the rail outside the ellipses. Next to my friends Lance and his buddy and a great lady named Rhonda! Show starts AMAZING! My signs for the evening… “Play the song I hear in my head: DISCOTHEQUE” Signs for Adam “Be Random! Pull me on stage. Bono isn’t the only one who can” But I never held it up bc I wasn’t in front of Adam. Weird huh lol

Adam walks around the ellipse during ‘Where the Streets Have No Name’, he sees me and smiles. Teases me with his bass. The normal stuff =) Towards the end of the show… feeling very tired, hungry, thirsty, broken. I tied my hair up bc it was the slow point of the show and I was hot

SO the story…

Lights go down and I hear ‘With or Without You’ start to be played. I thought, “awe love this song.“ Bono is standing two people away from me to the left. Lance and his friend reach out to Bono. I am short and have never being able to reach the band on stage. And I thought about that when I saw them reach out. But then I thought what the hell lol So, I reached out and said, “Bono!” then it happened. Bono looked right at me. Eyed locked and he walked in front of me, positioned himself at started to reach out. Everyone reached forward and of course was taller than me. I was even on my toes. Bono slapped everyone else’s hands out of the way and touched mine. I was thrilled! That is the image I have of Bono. Reaching out to people form stage. I’ve always wanted to touch him from stage. And then I felt him TUG!! I went back on my heels and said, “What?” Then everything went nuts lol Three security are suddenly in front of me. People started yelling, “He wants her.“ Bono is saying, “Her! I want her.“ Everyone is yelling, “GO!“ and started lifting me. So, I leap up over the rail (which is so much easier than I thought) and everyone is still pushing me up. Security is yelling, “Settle down!” U2 security lifts me and Bono is pulling me up.

I am on the ellipse!! I stand up and Bono reaches out to me. We hugged and I said, “thank you” and kissed his scruffy cheek. TEEHE! Bono was holding me so tight. First thing I do (bc I am pathetic like that=) is… point at Adam on the main stage and gesture for him to come over LOL! Adam was smiling and laughed. I did it again. Bono told me to put my hand down. I said, “But Adam!“ He said, “I know. Put your hand down.“ LOL Then he said, “put your head on my shoulder.” So, I did. DUH! Really, it’s BONO! I picked my head up a little and looked over at Adam (who was smiling) and Bono pushed me head down on his shoulder LOL!! And I thought, “Dammit!” Bono said, “relax” and he was squeezing me very tight and he started swaying. I could feel him gripping my skin. Finger tips pressed hehe I was shaking!! I even thought, “Dammit! Stops shaking.“ He started singing. I had my hand on his chest. I was looking at his neck. The glimmer of the sweat and then he pulled open his shirt. I freaked a little. He was putting in his ear piece. And I saw nipple LOL! I was looking at his rosary beads. Chest hair etc. I breathed him in. OMG this man smells so freakin’ AMAZING!! I seriously thought, he must use the body wash bc he smells this great and he is sweating LOL! But anyway, I closed my eyes, nuzzled into him, listened to the song, mouthed the words a bit and enjoyed the moment. I would manage to pick my head up to look at Adam and Bono before Bono could push it back down LOL! Then things got a little more interesting… I could feel Bono start to scratch at my back. Deep scratches PURR!! He would scratch and pull me into him to hold me tighter. That man is STRONG! And yes, I was getting aroused LOL!! Do you blame me?! I saw Adam start to walk to the ellipse ramp!! I perked up! Then he stop and I sighed lol. Bono pushes my head down and I was stuck with no Adam(hehe) Being a bit turned on and very confused! Bono slide his hand up my back and into my hair. He pulled at my hair. Put his hand and pulled at my hair tie. So, I took it down. He helped lol. And shook it out, like a freakin’ shampoo commercial LOL! And put my head back on his shoulder. He stroked and pulled my hair. And when I say pulled I mean, pinch it between his fingers and as he stroked it. SO HOT!! And for a moment I thought, “This is feeling very nice. Oh no! Does this mean I am going to start liking Bono? *looks at Adam * *shakes head * NO!” Bono put his hand on the back of my heck and squeezed my neck. Nails in skin!! And I even said, harder lol!! Not loud enough for him to hear me. I think lol Then hand full of hair. It was frisky. And I was very confused. I start swaying my hips more. Bono he pushed into it and pulled me tighter. Then I realized I was rubbing against Bono, freaked and then stopped. LOL!! My foot started popping up lol A sign to my friends of OMG! It was intimate.

Bono grabbed my hands took a step back. First thing out of my mouth, “Can I go hug Adam?” Bono looks at Adam and smiled and then at me puts his finger to his lips and says shhh! I said, “OK!“ He said, “You have very lovely hair. What’s your name?” I said, “DD.” That’s when Bono got on one knee and kissed both my hands. I said before I got off stage, “ Adam Groupie!” (The Official Adam Groupie by Adam himself) He smiled and looked up in a funny, “well duh” kind of way. I got back behind the rail and looked at Adam. I pointed at him. He laughed and smiled. Then Martha from interference said, “Bono is saying bye to you.” I look over and Bono is waving like he is trying to get my attention and saying Bye. I waved put my hands to my heart in the I love you way and yelled thank you!!

I have the bootleg DVD!! It was so hard for me to stand still. I’ve never slow danced. I’ve always been a dancer. Give me MW, The Fly! Discotheque is my song!! LA knows that lol I was so happy it happened at my home location. With all my friends! And all my new friends and people who are just happy for you!! I love PEOPLE!! That’s what made it so amazing. Have and crowd of friends be so thrilled for you. To hear them freak when they realized it was you. To hear everyone yell, “DD!” then immediately followed by, “ADAM!!” And your friend to harass Adam during the song. Which I am hoping someone posts about that lol FUNNY! And your friends EXIT on stage too!! Amazing!

I’ll have to post highlights and about the events after Staples 1 lol Love triangle lol Things said. Very interesting =)

Questions? Comments? Please discuss!! Lol I have no pictures by the way!

Guys, I am SWAMPED and have no time to go through the prior thread collecting pictures. If anyone is bored enough and cares to PM me the info, I will add it. Otherwise, I'll get to it sometime after xmas :lol:

Before I post my story...Miroslava, do you remember me? I met you 5/21 at MSG waiting for U2 to come out. It was the day before my 13th birthday and I was wearing the same hat (just without the sign).

Holy crap! :lol:

No, I didn't make the connection!

:ohmy:

You and your mom rocked!

Congratulations! :hug: Definitely post your story :hyper:

Miroslava said:
Holy crap! :lol:

No, I didn't make the connection!

:ohmy:

You and your mom rocked!

Congratulations! :hug: Definitely post your story :hyper:

:wave: Thanks, I'm working on posting my story now

11/22=AMAZING

OK, first I'll give you a little background information on myself. My name is Sarah and I am 13 years old. The only thing I wanted for my 13th birthday (May 22) was to see U2 at MSG on May 21. So even though we couldn't get tickets through ticketmaster, my whole family (6 of us) waited in the box office line for 6 1/2 hours. We met a lot of cool people that day, including Miroslava, waiting to see the band come in. They didn't get out for autographs but we got an awesome picture of Bono driving by giving us a peace sign. Unfortunately, when my mom got to the box office ticket window, the only seats left were $170 seats and that was just way too much $$$, especially for 6 of us. And the next day, my 13th birthday, we spent in the emergency room with my brother. How fun? Happy birthday me!

Anyhow, here's my story 6 months later. My mom lucked out and was able to get GAs for 11/22. My dad originally didn't want me to go because he was worried, but my mom finally convinced him that it would be OK. So on the train on the way to NYC for the concert, my mom and I talked about where we might end up on the floor. She said that she didn't want us to be so uptight about where we might end up on the floor because no matter what, we would enjoy being there. She also said, let's pray that we end up where God wants us to be (in the ellipse, or out, front rail back etc.) and wherever we end up, that's where He wants us.

Well, my mom's ticket scanned into the ellipseand we were super excited! When they let us in, we got in the second row in front of the stage, directly in front of Adam, but a tall guy in front of me was extremely nice and let me go in front of him. SO I WAS IN THE FIRST ROW!!! I came prepared; I had my pink birthday hat from May, but I didn't want to be dishonest, so I covered the birthday girl part with my own sign that said "Take Me Slow Dancing." The show started and it was just amazing. My mom and I were totally freaking out just because we were so close (she's been a huge fan for 18 years and had never been able to get GAs before then). The song Mysterious Ways was definitely the highlight for me! Early on in the song, Bono came towards me and just looked intently at me for like 2 or 3 seconds. Then he smiled and pointed at me and said, "You!" and then he walked away. All the cool people around me were saying, "You're going up, you're going up!" Then during my favorite part of the song when he sings "To touch is to heal/to hurt is to steal/if you wanna kiss the sky/better learn how to kneel/on your knees boy," he leaned over and reached out to me. When we squeezed fingertips, he quickly pulled away, totally teasing me with a big smile on his face. Then he went to another part of the stage/catwalk for another minute or two. Then he came directly to me, held out his hand, and motioned for me to get on stage. OMG! I was totally freaked out because I know people usually dance really sexy during that song, and I wasn't about to do that (even if I could). I won't even dance with my friends or anything, much less at MSG in front of 20,000+ people! But thankfully, Bono looked right at me and said (while pointing at his eyes), "Look straight into my eyes, don't dance." Now it gets a little fuzzy because I was in major shock, that was one thing I never expected to happen. I felt like I was dreaming and that I would suddenly wake up. Then we crossed hands (my right hand in his left with the mic), and we starting spinning around and around in circles, so fast that my braids were in the air. While I was up there, he seemed to be smiling a lot. Then he walked me to the front of the stage with his arm around me and I lifted my hand up to touch his. I didn't even realize this until I saw the pictures. Honestly, I don't even remember if he said anything, but he bent down and I got on his back. He was singing at the microphone with me on his back, and then it hit me that this was the most incredible moment of my life. So I shot my fist up in the air, and the audience starting cheering. When he put me back on the ground by my spot in front of Adam, the security guards thought that Bono wanted me to get down. But he wasn't done with me yet! My mom and many other people said that they saw him trying really hard to get my attention to say goodbye. I had no idea this was going on as I was trying to figure out how to get back to my spot on the floor. I didn't see this until the video clip, but Bono tried tapping my back and he eventually gave up, waved, and shrugged his shoulders because I didn't turn around. And knowing Bono it would've been something really sweet too! Can you believe it, I'm so mad at myself! :scream: Not that I'm complaining, but still I will always wonder what else he would've done or said. Later on in the show, during With or Without You, Bono came back and held my hand only and looked straight in my face for a few seconds during the song. It was just an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING experience!!!!! And it seriously feels like a dream! When the concert ended, people surrounded me and were saying "Congrats! How was it? Totally amazing!" etc. Even while we were filing out, everyone recognized me and had such nice things to say (it took us 45 minutes to leave the arena because so many people were coming up to me). Also on the way out, we passed Ali and she waved to me! My mom is so happy for me, even if she is a little jealous, especially when I told her, "Bono's hands are sooo sooo soft!" So, does anyone have any extra GAs for Hartford next week? :wink: So exactly six months after I turned 13, my birthday wish came true...and it was better than I ever could've imagined! It's something so special that my Mom and I will never forget and can share the rest of our lives!

~Sarah

P.S. Sorry it's really long. I kinda get carried away thinking about U2!!!

Wow what an incredible story Sarah! Im happy that your birthday wish got to come true. Can tell that it didn't matter that it was 6 months late,lol. Thanks for sharing :). Btw just how soft are Bono's hands again? :wink:

Last edited:
Sarah: Congrats on having your birthday wish come true!! I was at the 11/22 show, just behind the stage. I spotted you before the show because of the cute party hat and I said to my daughter (she is 9), I bet she gets pulled up on stage! Hmmm, am I psychic????

Sarah, congratulations! I love your story!

When I read this part, it made my eyes tear up! I can imagine just how this felt!

<< Then we crossed hands (my right hand in his left with the mic), and we starting spinning around and around in circles, so fast that my braids were in the air. >>

Good for you!! :yes:

circa1992 said:
but Bono tried tapping my back and he eventually gave up, waved, and shrugged his shoulders because I didn't turn around. And knowing Bono it would've been something really sweet too!

Yes, I saw that! I think he wanted to kiss your hand and say goodbye.

Okay, not to make you feel bad or anything. :hug: It was still a great experience, nonetheless.

Congrats again!

I may not have had my chance yet with dancing with Bono. But I am honestly just so happy for all of you that have had this incredible experience :). Really appreciate the sharing of the stories and pictures.

Thanks guys! Everyone's reactions and responses are making the experience even better; people have been so nice to me. U2 fans are the best! If I end up with GAs to Hartford, the sign on my hat is going to change to "Thank You!"

~Sarah

It is indeed an amazing story Sarah! :D Thank you so much for taking so much time to tell us about it. You were a lot better than some of us :lol: I never really did sit down and write a full account.

Congratulations. :hug:

Yeah Miro where is your story at? lol. Sure a lot others will agree when I say that we want to hear your story! hehe. Was there in Chicago when you got pulled up and you were great. Would be really nice to read your account :).

Ok will let you slide for now as I remember seeing the bits and pieces around,lol,jk. Would love to read a comprehensive story like Sarah did whenever you have the chance. Oh and we will keep it secret that I also remember now having read the piece that HelloAngel did :shh: Will plead to the fact that Im a natural blonde so I tend to be forgetful :giggle:

Last edited:
dizzy said:

Yes, I saw that! I think he wanted to kiss your hand and say goodbye.

Okay, not to make you feel bad or anything. :hug: It was still a great experience, nonetheless.

Congrats again!

Yeah, so many people are telling me that he wanted to kiss my hand...so sad that I missed out! But whatever I still had an incredible experience!I have nothing to complain about.

great stories from all the dancing girls!

btw, there are a few photos of the Montreal "mysterious ways' girl up on the news section of U2.com... and she stayed onstage for WOWY! so lucky!! :applaud:

*Ally* said:
great stories from all the dancing girls!

btw, there are a few photos of the Montreal "mysterious ways' girl up on the news section of U2.com... and she stayed onstage for WOWY! so lucky!! :applaud:

Oh, man....I would just DIE of happiness if I got to dance to those two songs.....:love:

There is going to be a Bono's Dancing Girl convention in Boston it seems! Alli, Kheila, Kimla and me so far! He might implode from the stress and pick a man!

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom