Bono's Dancing Girls VII - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: from Dec 4th Mysterious Ways Girl

Hi mgv99! :wave:

Thank you very much for the compliment, and I was there on Sunday night and think you did a great job! What a night for you, to get 2 songs!!! :drool: I look forward to reading the full story when you get a chance. :)

mgv99 said:
Hi everyone, I haven't posted before but I am the one Bono pulled up for Mysterious Ways on Sunday night in Boston.
I am still in shock, and have never been so unproductive at work for a week straight in my life!!
I just wanted to congratulate everyone who got on stage for One, introduce myself, and make a request for pictures or any links to pictures (I've been checking Flickr but I'm not a U2.com member). By the way Mrs Edge, you look awesome in your photos! I took a couple beginner bellydance classes a few years ago, but felt in no way equipped to bust out any now RUSTY moves in my street clothes and on the spot like that. Too bad, because had I actually thought I would possibly get pulled up for that song, I would have at least worn my hip belt!

daygloeyes2 and Varitek, thanks for the compliments!! You are sweet. And Varitek I am DYING to get a copy of that video. If I e-mail you my address would you burn it onto a CD for me?

My neck is still killing me from 2 consecutive days of staring up at the stage, I think also because I had a purse slung across my body, and that shoulder is the one that really hurts. Maybe all the jumping up and down and armraising plus the weight of the purse on that shoulder was too much for my neck. The price of being a groupie!! :)

Maybe I'll post my full story later this month-- I have to travel for work next week and I am so unprepared!!! Too much time on Cloud Nine with Bono!!

mgv99 said:
Hi everyone, I haven't posted before but I am the one Bono pulled up for Mysterious Ways on Sunday night in Boston.
I am still in shock, and have never been so unproductive at work for a week straight in my life!!
I just wanted to congratulate everyone who got on stage for One, introduce myself, and make a request for pictures or any links to pictures (I've been checking Flickr but I'm not a U2.com member). By the way Mrs Edge, you look awesome in your photos! I took a couple beginner bellydance classes a few years ago, but felt in no way equipped to bust out any now RUSTY moves in my street clothes and on the spot like that. Too bad, because had I actually thought I would possibly get pulled up for that song, I would have at least worn my hip belt!

daygloeyes2 and Varitek, thanks for the compliments!! You are sweet. And Varitek I am DYING to get a copy of that video. If I e-mail you my address would you burn it onto a CD for me?

My neck is still killing me from 2 consecutive days of staring up at the stage, I think also because I had a purse slung across my body, and that shoulder is the one that really hurts. Maybe all the jumping up and down and armraising plus the weight of the purse on that shoulder was too much for my neck. The price of being a groupie!! :)

Maybe I'll post my full story later this month-- I have to travel for work next week and I am so unprepared!!! Too much time on Cloud Nine with Bono!!

So glad you joined interference! And you looked amazing up there, especially when he put the hat on you during WOWY. :cute: Once again, congrats! :hug: It was nice meeting you as well. :)

Hey everyone. Hartford GA was awesome. I went with my mom, dad, and younger brother and we got scanned into the ellipse (yea)!!! We stood just about where I was at MSG (directly in front of Adam) but in the second row. This time my hat said "Thank you." Adam recognized me by the second song and gave a HUGE grin and wink, so I was happy that I was acknowledged. Bono also recognized me a few times, which was also awesome. Then during "Mysterious Ways," Bono came over, stood right in front of me, and read a sign that I was holding. When he was done reading it a big smile appeared on his face and he touched his heart. I'm glad he liked my sign!
Congrats again to everyone pulled up in Boston!

~Sarah
P.S. It's funny how much I'm being recognized by people that were either at the concert 11/22 or saw my pictures online

circa1992 said:
Hey everyone. Hartford GA was awesome. I went with my mom, dad, and younger brother and we got scanned into the ellipse (yea)!!! We stood just about where I was at MSG (directly in front of Adam) but in the second row. This time my hat said "Thank you." Adam recognized me by the second song and gave a HUGE grin and wink, so I was happy that I was acknowledged. Bono also recognized me a few times, which was also awesome. Then during "Mysterious Ways," Bono came over, stood right in front of me, and read a sign that I was holding. When he was done reading it a big smile appeared on his face and he touched his heart. I'm glad he liked my sign!

~Sarah
P.S. It's funny how much I'm being recognized by people that were either at the concert 11/22 or saw my pictures online

:up: :cute:

I'm glad you and your family had a great time :hug:

circa1992 said:

~Sarah

That's very sweet, sarah! I'm really happy for you. :D

circa1992 said:

~Sarah

Congrats :happy:
By the way, what did your Hartford sign say? :hmm:

Originally posted by mgv99

My neck is still killing me from 2 consecutive days of staring up at the stage, I think also because I had a purse slung across my body, and that shoulder is the one that really hurts. Maybe all the jumping up and down and armraising plus the weight of the purse on that shoulder was too much for my neck. The price of being a groupie!!

hey there, you looked great on stage, i got 3 pics, theyre not very good though as i was on the ellipse rail so some are a bit blurry

Captured2005-12-0500001.jpg

Captured2005-12-0500000.jpg

Captured2005-12-0500002.jpg

Hi everyone :wave:
Lila64 on 10-12: said:
Watched the video u24life Hope a better one surfaces - I was scared at first (the shaking, LOL)
Carmelu2fanLila64 on 10-12: said:
Just saw the vid!!! Like Lila said a bit shaky but I did see the part when Bono touched his cute little arse! :giggle:
My dance with Bono was ages ago, but Lila and Carmelu2fan, I finally have a high-quality video to share with everyone. If you're still interested in seeing :reject: I have two videos: (1) from Adam's side (2) from Edge's side. Here are links to video on Adam's side. Enjoy!

Here is the link to megaupload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UV51561N

Here is the link to you sendit: (Don't forget to remove the space between "you" and "sendit")
http://s51.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LVE7VGFT9SU926L7UXSTNP92Q

Anja put together a wonderful website of stage experiences. My story can be found on her website here:
http://www.u2-stage-experiences.com/leg3/1007_nyc.htm

mgv99 said:
I just wanted to congratulate everyone who got on stage for One, introduce myself, and make a request for pictures or any links to pictures (I've been checking Flickr but I'm not a U2.com member). ........

Here is a link to a 30-second video clip from Boston 12-4 of you up there dancing with Bono during Mysterious Ways. It is from my sister's digital camera - we were third row ellipse, Adam's side:

Don't forget to remove the spaces to make the link work.

http:// s57.you sen dit.com/d.aspx?id=07Q2H92P6JAS823O3LA69N7NFD

Miro chica,

I was so happy for you. What was really amazing is that you were so WOWed to have him singing to you. My pics suck or I'd post them. He also talked adn waved to you all night. Lucky Woman. You deserve it. It was :censored: cold. Thank God for Heater Man.

Congrats, Miroslava!! I KNEW he'd pick you for something when I saw you guys up front. Even from our shitastic seats I could see him smiling and waving to you guys (and what was up with thatm Adam action you guys got!!!!) I filmed the whole thing for you, but I was the third row from the very top at the far end of the arena, so don't get too excited about the quality.....

I was right next to Miroslava, on her left. The Bono lovin' was GOOD last night, well worth the 18 hours in the ball freezing cold. She had the most graceful stage ascent that I've ever seen :up: And so cute to that she had to lean over to put her head on his shoulder! :love: Very sweet moment :cute:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom