Bono's Dancing Girls VII - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see myself if a few of those pictures, including one of my ass climbing from the rail onto the stage! It was a blast, though Bono had to point at me 3 times before security would let me up, and the last time he actually had to say "let her up." But I got a kiss (and a bit of his sweat on my face!) and I got to wisper in his ear as he was leaving stage.

There was definately a bit of nastiness, and I think ungreatfulness, going on when we got back into the crowd. I was perfectly happy to stand anywhere having just been up there! But somebody actually made a phone call during one of the encore songs complaining about how they couldn't get their spot back. Yes, that sucks, but enjoy the show and enjoy that we made it on stage!!!

The girl who got to dance was really sweet as well, I took a video of it for her and actually ran into her at North Station and showed her. :)

I think I met quite a few of you as well.

OMG GUYS!! Becki emailed me telling me what happened. And now that I see the pics... I am so happy so everyone I am crying!! SERIOUSLY!

I love SAM!! He is my fav canadian! I dont know the girl with the, "Adam is da bomb" sign but I like her too! I love everyone!!

I am so THRILLED!!

-DD*

That is Michelle, also from Toronto and the U2_GTA.

Sam actually started the U2_GTA and both Michelle and Sam were involved with inTO the heart for those of you that were were here.

can't wait to see photos of Santa and Elvis from the 12/5 show... apparently, they were both brought onstage during "mysterious ways" :giggle:

kellyahern said:
c71813f8.jpg

df38f30a.jpg
OMG :hyper: Hey Dizzy :wave: Yes, that's me onstage with my Jamaican flag. I am still over the moon at this! Because it's Flavia's first time, I'll let her tell the story of how this came to be. She's on a plane right now back over to Ireland. All I can say is that Bono did a very good job pointing to each and every person to get them up on stage. He wouldn't stop until EVERYONE, EVERYONE, EVERYONE (in our group) was on stage.

It was so effing AMAZING!! Flavia, it was so great meeting you and hanging out with you all weekend. Someone asked how many of us were on stage? Well, it was 14 in our group, 2 stage jumpers, a little boy with a "One" t-shirt and someone from Zootopia (??). It was such an awesome experience to share with 14 of your closest U2 friends. Friends whom you huddled with, in a tent, in the freezing Bahston cold, for 2 days doing GA. It was just incredible!

:applaud: Congrats Flavia for finally for getting a kiss from Bono!

imogen said:
Shaynar, I can't find the pictures over at U2.com. I haven't been there for a while, and where is Zootopia????

After I agree to the terms and conditions, it won't go any further, it just returns there.... weird

It's not on zootopia, it's part of the news under Mysterious Ways in Montreal..

Still trying to figure out how to post pics

Big props to the sista who had the Jamacian flag....

Damn.....I'm part of the U2_GTA....looks like I missed my chance :drool:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
OMG OMG OMG!

I got onstage during ONE. Bono pulled me and my buddies up.

It's a long story and I'm completely frozen. We slept outside all night long and it's incredibly cold.

I'll post more details tomorrow when I get home. :hyper:

Oh man! I can't believe it. And I even got a kiss from Bono. I'm over the moon!

I got to meet Mrs Edge and she is absolutely gorgeous and sweet.

I also met BAW, Rambling Rose, Zoney, Schmeg, Kariann...Man! I know I'm forgetting people! I'm sorry! I;m so hyper, I can barely contain myself. I need to go get some pics! lol

:applaud:

:hug:

u2forlife said:
OMG :hyper: Hey Dizzy :wave: Yes, that's me onstage with my Jamaican flag. I am still over the moon at this! Because it's Flavia's first time, I'll let her tell the story of how this came to be. She's on a plane right now back over to Ireland. All I can say is that Bono did a very good job pointing to each and every person to get them up on stage. He wouldn't stop until EVERYONE, EVERYONE, EVERYONE (in our group) was on stage.

It was so effing AMAZING!! Flavia, it was so great meeting you and hanging out with you all weekend. Someone asked how many of us were on stage? Well, it was 14 in our group, 2 stage jumpers, a little boy with a "One" t-shirt and someone from Zootopia (??). It was such an awesome experience to share with 14 of your closest U2 friends. Friends whom you huddled with, in a tent, in the freezing Bahston cold, for 2 days doing GA. It was just incredible!

:applaud: Congrats Flavia for finally for getting a kiss from Bono!

I can't wait to hear Flavia's story but maybe you could tell us how all of you (I mean this whole group of people with the flags) go to be in the ellips?
I mean, wasn't there a lottery system anymore or did a few ppl get into the ellips and was there another group on the outside rail?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

jeez I am sorry that happened to you!:( You seem to be taking well, in stride. I commend you for that.

I had such an amazing night aside from that moment. It was my 1st ever U2 show and I was feet away from my favorite band. Yes, I was and still am pissed about it. But you know what? That's the only bad memory I have of the concert. The good verry much outweighs the bad. How can I be bitter? :)

Thanks for answering the question about how many were on stage. I was the one who asked it! :wave: To be up there with the band and so many U2 fans had to be incredible for all of you! DG Im happy that the one bad moment didn't spoil the concert for you :).

greety said:

I can't wait to hear Flavia's story but maybe you could tell us how all of you (I mean this whole group of people with the flags) go to be in the ellips?
I mean, wasn't there a lottery system anymore or did a few ppl get into the ellips and was there another group on the outside rail?

i was up there too :hyper:
south african flag is me - in the one picture you can see me reaching across to bono cause i was trying to get his attention to tell security to let U2tan up...
it was pretty awesome - as for getting in the ellipse it was really luck more than anything else. we were all right up at the front of the queue having camped from 10pm the night before and we split ourselves up over the fan and non-fan queues to better our chances.
i was one of the first people to get scanned in so i don't know what happened behind me, but i know a few of us definitely got scanned in and the rest were the people they got to pull in with them. there may have been the odd chance where 2 people were taken in as opposed to one but thats not exactly unheard of - alison even said at the show the next night when she was addressing the queue that if you get scanned you may take 1 or possibly 2 people with you.

anyway not the point - it was a fantastic night and an absolutedream come tru. for those of you who don't know the basics of the story here it is:
several of us arranged a few months ago to hook up in boston to see a show. we all know a few of each other from various other shows (i knew about a few of these guys from dublin but not all of them) and as time went bt our group swelled from a few people to the final number of lke 15 i think it was.
anyway, because we were all travelling from all over someone suggested we each bring a different flag of our home countries which we did and we endded up with a mix of about 10 different nations. we wanted to make an impact at the show as a way of thanks to the band - 15 people from so many different places all friends and together through one common love, U2 - and decided we would all take our flags and hold them up during one.
by no means did we ever expect it to turn out as well as it did - that all of us were in the ellipse and in front and almost in a row!
so when the flags went up bono was clearly quite taken aback and about half way through the song he started at one end and pointing went "you, you, you (scanning across the flags pointing), ALL OF YOU, UP!!!
it was as you can imagine incredible for all of us - there were some hiccups getting us all on stage - security weren't quite askeen as bono was! - but once most of us were up we were able to get the ferw left behind up be telling bono who they were.

once again, it was an incredible experience, a complete dream come true specifically because this whole group of people who had travelled so far from so many different places and out of whom i know i've made a few great friends, all got to share in this moment together.

what is sad though is the amount of trash talk and criticism its getting on the boards - it was NOT planted, it was NOT rigged and i dont see how any of us were rude or nasty or unfriendly or are bad people just because we got pulled on stage! talk about jealousy makes you nasty!
as one of U2s security said to a few people fan who wouldn't let us back in place in the ellipse "hey, its not their fault bono pulled them up, now let them back where they were"

this was an incredible expereince for all of us, one that surpassed everything we dreamed would happne that night - its as unbelievable for us as i guess it is for the people out there who insist on bringing us down for it.

all the trash talk aside though - WHAT A NIGHT, WHAT A SHOW WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!!!
i love you guys!!!!
BOOM BOOM!

di

!!!

Wow! Congratulations to all of you that got up there! Cool!

It just floors me that some fans would ruin another fan's moment by trying to hold them back...that is so unfair. We all hope and wish to get up there, but there's no reason to be rude or nasty to ANYONE.

Anyway, congrats to ALL of you! I'm still hoping for my time to come (hopefully on Monday in Charlotte...hee hee), but I won't lose any sleep over it. I just want to see the show!

Keep on moving in mysterious ways, ladies. :laugh:

-Christine

That is such a cool story! Guess some deal with their jealousy by tearing down others. Is it just me or the nastiness getting worse each time someone get's on stage? Thought these concerts were supposed to be about having fun. Btw Kimla did you happen to mention something to Bono about a possible Jamaica concert? :wink:

WOW!! :applaud:
That is just awesome... great pics and congrats to those that got onstage! Looks like it was a very memorable experience.

U2Girl1978 said:
:hyper:

That's so cool. There was one girl who I think fell onto the stage. Did security throw her or something??

Uh that was me with the poverty banner.

first thing I do when I get on stage...fall in front of Bono.

Bono knowing the banner and having met me before signaled for me to come up and Brian pushed me down saying Enough on stage and then Bono goes to him "She comes up!"

And up I went and then down I went

I have a pic of the perspective of being on stage....but I am not premium so I can't post it here right?

and I got to shake hands with Adam....sweetness

and I got a kiss from Bono....sigh...

servo2005 said:

Uh that was me with the poverty banner.

first thing I do when I get on stage...fall in front of Bono.

Bono knowing the banner and having met me before signaled for me to come up and Brian pushed me down saying Enough on stage and then Bono goes to him "She comes up!"

And up I went and then down I went

I have a pic of the perspective of being on stage....but I am not premium so I can't post it here right?

and I got to shake hands with Adam....sweetness

and I got a kiss from Bono....sigh...

:lol: That's great that you got onstage. I probably would have fallen on my face trying to get up there too. At least you didn't get hurt. And to get a Bono kiss. :drool: :up:

u2forlife said:
:uhoh: Um...um...well you see...what had had happend was....

It's ok I would have probably been left speechless if I had been up there on stage,hehe. Hey you got the Jamaica flag up there so that's planting some ideas in Bono's head! :wink:. Congrats everyone! :).

See Servo is a perfect example that great things can come out of embarrassing moments. She fell on stage but STILL she got a Bono kiss and an Adam handshake :). Way to go! :applaud:

digsy said:

once again, it was an incredible experience, a complete dream come true specifically because this whole group of people who had travelled so far from so many different places and out of whom i know i've made a few great friends, all got to share in this moment together.

what is sad though is the amount of trash talk and criticism its getting on the boards - it was NOT planted, it was NOT rigged and i dont see how any of us were rude or nasty or unfriendly or are bad people just because we got pulled on stage! talk about jealousy makes you nasty!
as one of U2s security said to a few people fan who wouldn't let us back in place in the ellipse "hey, its not their fault bono pulled them up, now let them back where they were"

this was an incredible expereince for all of us, one that surpassed everything we dreamed would happne that night - its as unbelievable for us as i guess it is for the people out there who insist on bringing us down for it.

all the trash talk aside though - WHAT A NIGHT, WHAT A SHOW WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!!!
i love you guys!!!!
BOOM BOOM!

di

Thanks digsy for the explanation and congratulations to you and all the other "nations representatives" :applaud:

I can trully believe this experience surpassed everything you were expecting and as for the jackasses who didn't want to let you back in your spots, screw them, they weren't in front row anyway.
So, Don't let the bastards grind you down ;)

You shared something beautiful with a bunch of people and you'll never forget it, that's what matters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom