Bono's Dancing Girls VI - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroslava

ONE love, blood, life
"I danced every night under a mirror ball with a young lady from the Zoo TV crowd.
Every night during 'Love Is Blindness'.
They were amazing. I love it so much.
Some nights I fell in love.
I never really spoke to these people, but that's okay." - Bono

Were you one of the lucky ones pulled up? Plotting your scheme to catch Bono's eye? Tell your stories, post pics here!

These threads have focused more on Vertigo experiences - our first 5 rounds of discussions are here (but all dancing stories are welcome):

http://forum.interference.com/t121406.html

http://forum.interference.com/t124379.html

http://forum.interference.com/t126795.html

http://forum.interference.com/t133853.html

http://forum.interference.com/t142359.html

Some PLEBANs... feel free to add!!

Allidreamsoutloud – San Jose, April 9, 2005 - Mysterious Ways
u228lg.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 5 6 7

U2bonogirl – Denver, April 20
4pxj6w

More pictures: 1 2 3 4

Storiesforboys - Chicago, May 10 - Party Girl
517tck

More pictures: 1

Harlequinn (Khelia) - Phoenix, April 15 - Mysterious Ways
19792675-M.jpg

More pictures: 1 2

Harlequinn - Chicago, May 10th - Mysterious Ways
5518-4.jpg

Canadninan - Chicago, May 12 (A Latter Day Pleban!) - With or Without You
ninabono.jpg

girlonstage522 - Philadelphia, May 22 (a PLEBAN after the fact, but a PLEBAN nonetheless ;) ) - With or Without You
409592005-05-22_U2_Philly_073_wowy_woman_dancer_bono_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nenril – Katowice, July 5
IMG_0306sm.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3

Popmartijn's sister - Amsterdam, July 13 (also not a PLEBAN, but since brother is a hardcore interferencer :wink: - All I Want is You
small_U2BonoSuusHandkus.jpg

let.it.be - Toronto, September 12 (also a PLEBAn after the fact! ;) ) - With or Without You
bonoandamarpreet9.jpg

More Pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mrs. Edge – Toronto, September 14 - Bad
dzyrde.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

bucket17 - Milwaukee, September 25th (also not quite the PLEBAn, but sister of an interferencer :wink:) - With or Without You
Dinaonstage8.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

u2forlife - NYC, October 7th - Fast Cars
344%3B%3B%3A2%3B23232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2348%3D%3A36%3D753%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B63787%3A%3C7ot1lsi

More pictures: 12 3 4 5 6 7

Last edited:
Jilly Mullen Jr - NYC, October 8th (Not quite a PLEBAN, but since she's an interferencer :wink: ) - With or Without You
2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2005-10-08%20-%20New%20York%20%28Photos%20by%20Zachary%20Gillman%29%2FDSC02669.JPG

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bloodrededge - NYC, October 8th (Also not a PLEBAN, but since she's an interferencer and Jilly's sister:wink: ) - With or Without You
IMG_0089.jpg

Harlequinn - NYC, October 11th - Fast Cars
51902666_2828cbbc4e.jpg

Allidreamsoutloud - NYC, October 14th - Fast Cars
8016-2.jpg

More pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Last edited:
Transfering this over:

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
First off, thanks so much to everyone for the kind words :hug:. I'm still in a state of shock and disbelief, utterly exhausted from this whirlwind trip, but more importantly, VERY GRATEFUL for what has happened again.

I was literally in NYC for a little over 24 hours, and thanks to Jet Blue, I got a free trip out of it. I wasn't planning on going to the show on the 14th, just to the 8th and 10th. (i flew back to California on the 11th). But because of technical malfunctions on my first trip to NYC, I got a free trip to NYC. And with a little coaxing from Ruffian, I booked a flight back to NYC just to see U2's 5th night at MSG.

So the story goes like this....I think....i'm trying to recollect all my thoughts...and they are a bit fuzzy but here goes (sorry it's a tad bit long)....

We land GA tickets at the last minute, and my ticket gets beeped for the ellipse. Ruffian and I are front row a little bit over to Bono's right. Our other friends get front row in front of Adam! We are soooo excited....5th night at MSG and front row in the ellipse! We dance like crazy girls. Fast forward to the encore. The First Time and SIAMYCGOO are played at the tip of the ellipse. After that, we hear the music of Fast Cars and Bono and Edge are coming back to the main stage. Fast Cars - woohoo - great song to dance to - and we go crazy.

Bono puts on his cowboy hat, flamenco dances with Edge, and about half way through the song, he comes over to me, looks at me, points at me...and I'm thinking, NO WAY. I want to make sure it's me, so i gesture to myself, and he shakes his head yes. I lift myself up over the rail; no security is there. I wait a second because i can't do this by myself. Then Murphy realizes that I'm about to go up, so he helps me on to the stage. All I want to do is look into Bono's eyes because he makes you feel so comfortable...and he has beautiful eyes too :flirt:. Although I'm no dancer by any means, I just try to dance. We dance around each other, I dance for him. And then, somehow, he ends up lying down. Whoa...I'm thinking Alli, please don't make a fool of yourself. Because a lot could go wrong. So he lies down, he takes his cowboy hat off and puts it on his chest, and then puts his hands behind his neck as if he'd taking a rest in the park or something and gives me the hugest grin. Alrighty...I give him this look like what do you want me to do????? Do you want me to dance around you, take your cowboy hat and dance in front of Adam, lie down next to you, the list could go on but I'm not going there. So I pick the best behaved choice and dance around him. Then I'm thinking, B - please get up now because I really would like to lie down on this stage with you. So I give him my hand, he grabs it, gets up and we dance around each other some more. Then he puts one hand out to his side as if he wants to slow dance. :combust: I oblige. Song is over. He kisses my hand and I give a kiss on his cheek. Then a hug...a really long hug...and that's when WOWY starts. I really thought that after the kiss on the cheek I was heading back into the audience. I couldn't believe he would keep me up there for another song. Oh man, it was intense. My body was shaking. I hold on tight, singing the words with him. Then he lets go of our embrace, and he looks at me, and i just stare at him mouthing the words. Bits of my hair were in my eyes, and he brushes them out of the way :faint:.
Then he pulls me closer into him, and he keeps staring at me, and I want to look away because it's a little nervewracking having B look at you like that. But I don't turn away. Then he is on his knees, wraps his hands around my waist and he rests his head on my stomach. And I stand there in complete awe of this man who inspires me with his music, his compassion, and his activism. Then he stands up, kisses my hand, and I walk down the stairs and back i go into the ellipse. As I'm stradling the railing, he asks me my name, and I say Alli but he can't hear. He asks again, and I say Alli a bit louder. I'm not sure if he heard. Some people say they heard him say Alli over the mic but still not quite sure. As i get back to my spot he waves goodbye to me. I about hyperventilate and Ruffian is there to give me the biggest hug. It really was an unbelievable experience that I will never forget. And I'm so happy I got to share it with some fellow Plebans and many other U2 fans I've met along the way. :hug:

I just want to say, I feel blessed and priviledged to have this opportunity again. I never in a million years would've thought this could happen to me. I hope more Plebans get a chance - you all deserve it! :heart:

btw, i know a couple of ppl who filmed and once i get them, i'll post. Also, if anyone has pics or videos of this, please please email them to me at allison_wong17 at yahoo.com. THANKS!!

I only transferred the additional pictures that were on threads I, II and V. When I get the time, I'll go back to the others and add them too!

Carry on! :D

Edited to add:

I think I am done transferring all 5 :crack:

Last edited:
Mrs. Edge - yep, everything was aligned for me :). I'm just stunned and thrilled and thankful. I don't know if I mentioned this before but you were soooo beautiful up onstage in Toronto. Bono was bound and determined to find his bellydancing friend :cute:. And once he did, he was completely mesmerized by you. Have fun at the DC shows...and congrats on getting married!!!

Miroslava said:
Transfering this over:

Alli, you did great, I'm completely jealous but you left out an important part... when you were getting off the stage and he asked your name, did you miss him saying "You're Beautiful" - killer .. Bono telling you you're beautiful....

congrats

tbird said:

Alli, you did great, I'm completely jealous but you left out an important part... when you were getting off the stage and he asked your name, did you miss him saying "You're Beautiful" - killer .. Bono telling you you're beautiful....

congrats

I *thought* he said something like that, but my memory's a bit foggy so I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for the reminder :combust:.

Yeah, he did Ali..It was so cute to see it happen.
I'm going to send you all the pictures i took.
Congrats again...

That is the most amazing story...I actually have tears in my eyes. I can't even imagine what you were feeling up there. That is wonderful...I only hope one day it happens to me.
:drool:

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
Mrs. Edge - yep, everything was aligned for me :). I'm just stunned and thrilled and thankful. I don't know if I mentioned this before but you were soooo beautiful up onstage in Toronto. Bono was bound and determined to find his bellydancing friend :cute:. And once he did, he was completely mesmerized by you. Have fun at the DC shows...and congrats on getting married!!!

Awww thank you! That's very sweet of you to say. :hug: One thing that was nice was that it happened in my own home town. What memories we will have when we are old and grey! :D

I am looking forward to your video! :)

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

:combust:

:faint:

What a story!
What an experience!

:applaud:

Simply amazing.

Like Mrs. Edge said, can't wait for a video of it!

All these stories make me :D

Alli - Wow great story :up: and you kept your cool during the whole experience - I'm not sure what I would have done if I were up there and he laid down :drool: (prolly would have went back to my seat 'cos I don't trust myself) :D

Can't wait to see the vid :yes:

Miroslava--I'm curious; how tall is Bono? Since you have a wonderful point of reference, I'd really like to know :wink:
Thanks!!!!

:yes:

What Tara said (though I'd be surprised if he's actually 5'7)... I'm 5'10 and I had FLAT, FLAT shoes... He had the creepers and I was still taller...

Look at the difference in our shoes: http://tinypic.com/e12f7q.jpg

:lmao:

And then in pictures like this: http://tinypic.com/dxlsft.jpg

you can see where my shoulders, chin, nose, etc. are in relation to his and I am hunching down a lil...

But the man is just :combust:

Thanks for answering my question! It's so hard to know, when you just view him in pictures, at concerts, etc. Maybe some day I'll get to stand near him....:drool:

i'm 5'10" and he is much shorter than me. even with his stilettos..

also, above my pic and my little sister's pic it says we aren't plebans... why exactly aren't we?

Miroslava-Thanks also for answering my question! I'm 5'3" and an old woman.....I can only hope some day he'll notice :wink:

jilly mullen jr said:
i'm 5'10" and he is much shorter than me. even with his stilettos..

also, above my pic and my little sister's pic it says we aren't plebans... why exactly aren't we?

Well, I guess you are now, but you weren't exactly one when you got your dance... :D

The one's that don't say anything were girls that already posted here before their dance... it is neither a good thing nor a bad thing, just for tracking/statistical purposes :hyper:

Last edited:
gotcha - thanks... i have posted in other areas but never on this specific thread.

long time reader though - been a few years!

anjarw said:

sorry thats a bit off-topic but look at edge :lol: that's so adorable :heart:

:yes:

Some of my favorite pictures are ones where Adam or Edge are looking on and smiling :happy:

If only I had remembered they existed :reject:

Here are some pics that people have sent. Let me see if I remember how to post....
Thanks dgirl!!!

Courtesy of dgirl - Bono resting on his elbows while I dance.
344%3C757523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D445%3D67%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B74%3A57247ot1lsi

Courtesy of dgirl - Lending my hand to Bono asking him to get up because who knows what would've happened if he kept lying there :wink:
344%3C757523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D445%3D67%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B74%3A57253ot1lsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom