Bono's Dancing Girls VI - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very wise my friend, very wise. I like the way you think! What kind of fabric would you recommend? And size wise? Any suggestions. I haven't come up with anything yet - ideas come and go all the time... Never know which one to pick. :hmm: Or should we carry on this conversation in PM mode :shifty:

Mine was just a plain white piece of bristol board and a black marker. I folded it in 4 pieces to make a square, which I tucked between my legs the first night (2nd row) and I held it draped over the rail the whole time when I was on the rail.

Very unfancy indeed. :yes:

someone else told me they tried to bring in a cardboard sign to the L.A. show on the first leg, but weren't allowed to bring it in. Perhaps hers was not foldable or small enough. I think fabric would be the easiest to transport. And I like the idea of being able to tie it to the rail. Now all I have to do is get to it!!!:ohmy: (and 1 more GA ticket)

Miroslava said:
I used fabric for mine, folds into a very small size. Mine also has strings in the corners so I can hang it up... that's how I had it at both Chicago shows and the guys still managed to read them... I used felt sheets to cut off the letters and glued them on with iron on tape... no sewing :happy:

Felt and Fabric :hmm:

That is genius :wink:

LATwins said:

Those pics are great!! Look at him...geez! He's totally looking at something he admires and wants! :)

here goes the Broken record once again.....CONGRATS Alli! :wink:

You girls are too sweet :cute:. I'm hoping to see the both of you in Pittsburgh right? It's going to be so much FUN!!!

My thought on signs was that if you had one it lowered your shot... except for the girl with the baby in my belly.... I don't have a baby in my belly but I have a belly...

ok enough silliness.. What did you signs say???

my thought on a sign is that it needs to be big enough to see, but direct enough to get the point across quickly b/c I gather they don't look at you for very long....
wish I were a rock star so I knew what would get my attention

tbird said:
My thought on signs was that if you had one it lowered your shot... except for the girl with the baby in my belly.... I don't have a baby in my belly but I have a belly...

ok enough silliness.. What did you signs say???

my thought on a sign is that it needs to be big enough to see, but direct enough to get the point across quickly b/c I gather they don't look at you for very long....
wish I were a rock star so I knew what would get my attention

My sign during the Elevation Tour said "Traveled to .....(I named all the different cities I went to see them in)... just to dance with you"

I heard my sign is being jacked and people are offering all kinds of FREE Lessons :angry:

But I am on record since April or so as having my sign, so there... :happy:

Besides, I've upgraded to version 2.0 :shifty:

I'm hoping it will make them :giggle:

http://tinypic.com/eqnqkp.jpg

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:

You're too funny...it definitely will make them laugh...if not get you up on stage again!

The sign is still there for its original purpose, just for some wub from the stage :cute:

Hopefully some of the Detroit girls will get on stage this time around... :hug:

I'll be there to throw them over the barrier! :hyper: (in the best possible way someone can throw you over a barrier that is! :wink:)

great photos, alli!!! i am still in awe of your experience... have you found video of it yet??

i was at the 10/16 philly show, and a girl got onstage for WOWY- it was really sweet, she was shaking... :cute: as happy as i am for the girls who have been up there multiple times (you gals are SO very lucky!!), it's always nice to see someone's dream come true for the very first time. :up:

Miroslava, I :heart: the revision!!!!!!

This is my sign:

signinellipse.jpg

The guys acknowledged it back in May and I'm hoping it'll work this time in Atlanta. :hyper:

But if ANYONE copies it..........:| :angry:

:sexywink:

*Ally* said:
great photos, alli!!! i am still in awe of your experience... have you found video of it yet??

i was at the 10/16 philly show, and a girl got onstage for WOWY- it was really sweet, she was shaking... :cute: as happy as i am for the girls who have been up there multiple times (you gals are SO very lucky!!), it's always nice to see someone's dream come true for the very first time. :up:

Awww...thanks *Ally*. It was great hanging out with you in NYC...hope to do it again soon! And yes, there are a few videos out there but none have been sent . I think U2rulesmyworld got video too which i'm excited about! :hyper:

I completely agree with *Ally*....I love seeing girls get up onstage for the first time and making their dreams come true!

It's funny how a lot of us with longer hair have pictures of us looking like Cousin IT up there :lol:, (I have more than a few). But seriously, who has time to think about pulling their hair back when that man is right in front of you?
:drool:

I haven't been on much for the past month or so but I just wanted to say Miroslava and u2forlife, great stories! You both looked awesome! :) :up:

I'm crossing my fingers for me to get up there December 4th. And if not me, one of my fellow PLEBAns. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom