Bono's Dancing Girls V - Were you one of the chosen?Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miroslava said:
Found another one

:ohmy:
2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2005-10-08%20-%20New%20York%20%28Photos%20by%20Zachary%20Gillman%29%2FDSC02669.JPG

And Kimla I sent you some too in case you want to proof for hair ok-ness

:giggle:

Jeez he looks pissed off there!

thanks for finding more pics! i didn't think he was that mad.. i was having a great time. i'm laughing in them all!

Miroslava said:

Ok, now you're just bragging... :angry:

:wink:

Congrats again! :hyper:

No I really wasn't. I was trying to give a brief synopsis before I went into my more detailed experiences. So here goes for anyone who has about 1/2 hour to kill.

It all started back in June when I purchased two tickets in seats for Oct. 7th. After being on the rail of the ellipse, twice, in Chicago with my partner in crime, Miroslava, I got the GA bug. I wanted to do GA at MSG. I flew in from Chicago and went to the GA line at 8am. Got a number and staked my place in the GA line. The sky was dark, there was talk of a thunder shower and we were on the sidewalk with no covering. It was going to be a long day.

I had no GA tickets, but I was in a GA line. Something had to work out right. My last chance to score GA’s was an ebay auction that was ending around 1:30pm EDT. That was 5 ½ hours away, but I had my blackberry so I could bid from the GA line. It was going to be a long day. My friend, Steve, came and met up with me in line. I made friends in front and behind me; the best part about doing GA. We talked of U2 and nothing else. Steve kept asking, “Are we getting into the ellipse tonight?” I kept telling him, “We don’t even have GA tickets!” The ebay auction was drawing to a close. The price was getting higher and higher, almost too high. I called Miroslava. She convinced me that they were still a good price for MSG. Now, I REALLY wanted these tickets. I tried bidding the maximum a NY resident could purchase the tickets for. Someone had already thought of that idea and they were the highest bidder. I thought, “Oh no they didn’t!” [With neck movement and finger action. You had to be there.]

I called my partner in crime. She is an out of state ebayer. She can bid as high as she wants. With only 1 minute remaining in the auction, my partner in crime, Miroslava, bidded and won the auction for (2) GA tickets to MSG. I contacted the seller, explained my story and worked out delivery and payment. He said he would bring the tickets to me in the GA line. He also said something that sounded a little like “crazy girl/crazy woman”…I don’t know. I can’t remember. At 4pm, my seller called me from his car on the corner of 33rd and 8th avenue. He was stopped at a red light. I weaved in between yellow cabs, grabbed the tickets from a hand that was sticking out the driver side window and sprinted back to the sidewalk. I yelled, “Thaaaannnnkkkk yooooouuuu….” to the car as it drove away with the NY traffic. I jumped for joy as I notified Steve that we were now GA ticket holders. All thanks to my out-of-state, partner-in-crime, cohort-of-sorts, GA buddy, Miroslava. Now, I had no doubt that we were getting into the ellipse tonight. Let’s just say I’m very optimistic. It starts to rain. Correction. It’s starts to pour. MSG decides to let us in early. We line up, go inside, get our tickets scanned by the MSG crew. Now to those dreaded U2 laptops. I’m in front. I hand the guy my ticket. I turn back to see Steve talking with people, lagging behind. If only I could get him to stay focused, I thought. I turn back to the dreaded computer screen and it read, “VERTIGO, VERTIGO, VERTIGO!” I screamed like a banshee! I was going into the ellipse and with my spot in the line I was guaranteed a position on the rail. Holy :censored:!

Steve whispered to me, you’re going up on stage tonight. I tell him that the stage is reserved for cute girls who don’t wear glasses. I just want to be able to enjoy the music and see in front of me. They start letting people up on the floor. Steve and I head for a rail spot just to the right of Bono. The sweet spot. Oh how sweet it is.

Keane was great. Thought the piano player was going to walk away with whiplash. Lead singer looked like Bono-in-training. Arcade Fire comes on, 3 out of 4 boys are on stage, and I start screaming. It’s City of Blinding Lights. God I love that song.

Bono comes from the ellipse and is now in front, on the main stage. It takes him a couple of songs but he starts looking at the people in the front row. He recognizes the bright yellow Jamaica t-shirt. He saw it in Chicago. He comes over to me during either Vertigo or Elevation (I can’t remember) and tries to speak to me with a Jamaican accent. It sounded so wrong that I ended up laughing. I never heard exactly what he said. Bono throws water on my section of the ellipse during The Electric Co. I’m lovin’ life right now. The show is progressing nicely. Bono came over to me again during Beautiful Day and shook my hand. I thought, I’ve had 2 Bono moments, now I have something to tell my grandkids and die happy.

Stuck in a Moment, another one of my favorites, is complete. Come to think of it. They are all my favorites. Bono is walking back from the ellipse, he states that he’s going to play a song that no one knows. I think to myself, I really doubt that I won’t know it. He asks for his cowboy hat. Someone brings it to him on cue. The Fast Cars lights come down and I go berserk. I LOVE FAST CARS!! Especially after seeing Miro dance so well to it. Haven’t heard it since Chicago. Bono sings the first verse. I know every word. Of course, that’s my song! He starts looking at me while singing, “All I want is your picture in a locket,” then he turns his ass towards me, slaps his butt and sings, “Your face in my pocket…” Girls, if he does this to you or in front of you, you are going on stage. He did the same to you right Miroslava?

I can’t remember what part of the song after that he started scanning the front row. I think I was the only one singing along and dancing. He made eye contact with me and pointed to me. This time his hand motion was saying come up on stage. Holy :censored: All the blood drained from my body. Holy :censored: None of my limbs were cooperating because I couldn’t pull myself over the rail. Murphy saw that I was having difficulty and snatched me over the rail. My god that man is strong. I ran up the two little stairs by the main stage and climbed on stage to be with the 2005 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee! After that, I don’t really know what happened. I can’t remember a thing. I just remember becoming really calm and started dancing or at least trying to dance. People paid money to see a rock and roll show so I put on a show.

So many thoughts ran through my head. My pocket was vibrating. Bono was controlling the movements to a restricted space on stage. I know how to Belly Dance but not how to Flamenco dance. At one point he leaned in and gave me one of the softest, sweetest hugs. That man has charisma to kill!! Bono started slow dancing with me and I felt a bulge in his pants. After seeing pictures, I realize that it was just his mic in his pants. Thank god for that!! Then, I saw a little video clip where I did a curtsy at the end of my performance. I couldn’t believe I did that. I don’t even remember doing it. Obviously, my ticket stub said “The Kimla O’Connor Show” not a U2 concert. It was time to leave the stage and get back over the rail. Once again, Murphy helped me and offered water. How did he know I would need water? I was shaking all over and everyone was trying to talk to me at once. I had fun. As long as Bono had fun too, then my mission was complete.

u2forlife said:

At one point he leaned in and gave me one of the softest, sweetest hugs. That man has charisma to kill!! Bono started slow dancing with me and I felt a bulge in his pants. After seeing pictures, I realize that it was just his mic in his pants. Thank god for that!!

:drool: ... and the mic in his pants :wink: I'm sure he had fun because that's probably one of the things that keep him alive.
Thanks for sharing your story and pictures. :)

See, that's much better and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less braggy sounding.... :sexywink: :wink: Awesome, awesome events, but I already told you that :drool:

I am sure that between the belly dancing classes, the Jamaican blood in you and with me as the guinea pig for Fast Cars you ended up doing awesome :D

Last edited:
Shayla said:
Wow all you girls got to dance with Bono - I want to be part of that elite club someday :bow:
Me too me too!!! You gals look great up there!! I wonder if I would be so cool?:wink:

girlonstage522 said:
hi everyone! :wave: since i basically haven't been on here for so long.... i have to say a few things

1) miroslava and mrs edge, you both are stunningly beautiful. looking at the pictures of you guys with b makes me so happy!

2) CARMEL i wanna hear about how the concert freaking was!!

3) the post at the beginning of this thread with the plebans on stage was so cute...i'm glad you guys recognized me as one even though i didnt join until after :wink:

16 days and i'm nervous beyond belief.

I am just now reading thru these post and I notice you metioned my name:ohmy: I was at the 9/20 show...it was amazing..he did not choose anyone that night but on 9/21 he choose Miro, so I am hoping to get lucky in December.

YEAH.....I am so crushed that I missed that experience. I know how much you wanted it. ONE DAY I hope to get MY turn!!! I sure met the right people in Chicago! ***You all know who you are*** Thanks for sharing, although you could have contacted me sooner about the whole thing :) haha....anyway Congrats!

So this morning I was dreaming that YOU (U2Girl1978 ) sent me a email with previously unseen pictures of Bono and I... Just as I was about to open them my freaking alarm woke me up... :sad:

:lmao:

And jaysus, in my excitement to get stuff from 9/21 I sort of only half paid attention to the video of the First Time for 9/20... :crazy:

You can only see me from the back, but you can see B crouching down to extend the microphone and John touching his shoe as he is crouching to let him know that he's not to move anymore since there is no more stage... :cute:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
So this morning I was dreaming that YOU (U2Girl1978 ) sent me a email with previously unseen pictures of Bono and I... Just as I was about to open them my freaking alarm woke me up... :sad:

:lmao:

And jaysus, in my excitement to get stuff from 9/21 I sort of only half paid attention to the video of the First Time for 9/20... :crazy:

You can only see me from the back, but you can see B crouching down to extend the microphone and John touching his shoe as he is crouching to let him know that he's not to move anymore since there is no more stage... :cute:

:lmao:!!

Miroslava said:

Isn't it the cutest thing when that happens! The same thing happened at MSG. Bono was speaking out to the crowd, but he was standing right in front of me. Bono kept moving more and more forward. John tapped the top of Bono's shoes to let him know he had reached the end of the main stage. Bono, of course caught up in the moment, stepped a little further. Now, half of his elevator shoe is hanging off the main stage. This time, John hit his shoe again even harder and yelled, "Get back." Bono didn't look down but he did move back to the center of the stage.

I should have taken a picture. :banghead:

su2z said:
YEAH.....I am so crushed that I missed that experience. I know how much you wanted it. ONE DAY I hope to get MY turn!!! I sure met the right people in Chicago! ***You all know who you are*** Thanks for sharing, although you could have contacted me sooner about the whole thing :) haha....anyway Congrats!

Suzy!

I was wondering what this post meant, well, now that I know who you are I do...

:hug:

ETA:

Holy crap!!! Thank you Suzy!!!! :faint:

http://desertsky.smugmug.com/gallery/850725/7/38271957
http://desertsky.smugmug.com/gallery/850725/7/38271970

Last edited:
You look like you were having a great time!!! I am so happy for you as I am for all you lucky gals..can I would be happy just making eye contact with Adam:drool:
Heya U2forlife do you know if anyone video taped your dance with B?

:sad:

I tried to update the index, but I am out of room, so this should be added to the top of the next one:

? (Popmartijn's sister) - Amsterdam, July 13 (also not a PLEBAN, but since brother is a hardcore interferencer :wink: - All I Want is You
small_U2BonoSuusHandkus.jpg

I am missing some info anyway if anyone can provide it :wink:

Last edited:
Does anyone have any vidieo links they would like to send me...I really enjoyed Mrs.Edge's clip, I would love to see a few more clips. Thank you:wave:

Carmelu2fan said:
Does anyone have any vidieo links they would like to send me...I really enjoyed Mrs.Edge's clip, I would love to see a few more clips. Thank you:wave:

This is the only other one I have besides mine here at work... This is Iris from hmmm one of the California shows... She is AWESOME!

http://s63.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=0HJVPG845JY0K3UGV4F5FN07AC

The only other things I have here are one of Laura's party girl videos and hmmm the 1 minute super mega close video of my dance which I dont think I posted...

Carmelu2fan said:
You look like you were having a great time!!! I am so happy for you as I am for all you lucky gals..can I would be happy just making eye contact with Adam:drool:
Heya U2forlife do you know if anyone video taped your dance with B?

Hey CarmelU2fan, I know of one video so far. I spoke to someone who is making a DVD of the entire concert. He's doing a series of concerts so he said to give him a couple of weeks.

I just want to see what I did. I can't remember any of it! I was just hoping that Bono was having as much fun as I was. There was a time where Bono and I were slow dancing and he was staring intently at me. That man has the most amazing knack of making you feel like you are the only person in the entire place. CHARISMA TO KILL, I TELL YOU!!

Thank you everyone for your congratulations. I hope it happens for everyone who wishes for it.:hug:

Miroslava said:

This is the only other one I have besides mine here at work... This is Iris from hmmm one of the California shows... She is AWESOME!

http://s63.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=0HJVPG845JY0K3UGV4F5FN07AC

The only other things I have here are one of Laura's party girl videos and hmmm the 1 minute super mega close video of my dance which I dont think I posted...

Thank you thank you for that one!!!:bow: You are right she is awesome:ohmy: Is she a Pleaban?:hmm: I have only seen pics of your dance and Laura;s jam session with B( damn shame those are not making it to the DVD:sad: ) I would love to seem them if it is not to much trouble:reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom