Bono's Dancing Girls III-Were you one of the chosen?Wish you were?+pulled up on 5/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:
5f0msk

:wink:

:lmao: That is brilliant!

i was pulled up on 5/22

idk if any of you were there but...

i'll start with when we first got into the wachovia center. the security guard was telling us how you get your ticket scanned to see if you are in the bomb shelter (heart, ellipse, whatever) or not. i kept praying god, please please please let me get in. i've had kinda a rough year this year, and that day was my birthday. i was hoping something great would happen! i was there with both my mom and dad. so we go in, they scan my ticket, and i saw the red and black VERTIGO VERTIGO VERTIGO and i SCREAMED and started jumping up and down! i was sooo excited i got into the bomb shelter!! i raced as fast as i could to the arena, and when i got there the first "row" (know what i mean?) was already full, so i was in the second one.

i made friends with the people around me, and we talked about how bono pulls girls up for mysterious ways. the guys around me said he'd probably pick me, because of my looks (i'm middle eastern, and i'm pretty different looking). but i was sure it wasn't going to be me...i mean what are the odds? and i wasnt even in the first row. so the show started...kings of leon played...yeah yeah. then finally, u2 came on! i've never seen them in concert before, so it was overwhelming. after the first few notes of city of blinding lights, i just started crying. i mean, this was U2 right in front of me. they're what got me through the good times, the bad, (i know this sounds over dramatic but theyre all i listen to!!). i looked over at the edge, and he looked back at me and smiled and winked! i was so excited.

so fastforward to the song "one"- sel, a man i made friends with who was right next to me, said to me "come here, im getting you on stage". he hoisted me up onto his shoulders, so i was above everyone else in the crowd. i put the peace sign up to bono, and screamed I LOVE YOU. he blew me a kiss, and put his hand to his heart. right after that, the security guard made sel put me down. i was satisfyed with bono blowing me a kiss, i mean that was enough for me! then...mysterious ways came on!! i knew it, this was my chance. i was hoping and praying that he'd pick me. he FINALLY came over to our section...and my heart started racing. he reached his hand out, and every other girl around me put theirs out too, but he wouldn't stop until he got to my hand. he grabbed my finger for a second, and the next thing i knew a secuirty guard had lifted my up and put me on stage.

i got up, and walked over to bono, who had his hand outstreched to mine. he took both my hands in his, and kissed them! seriously, in that moment, i felt like NO ONE else was in the room. he made me feel like i was royalty. he spun me around, and lifted both our hands up, and told me to dance, so i did! it didn't occur to me how many people i was in front of....i just did it. then bono leaned into me and said "perfect! you're gorgeous!" after he said that, i just had to hug him. at first we were both just leaning in towards eachother, but then he moved his body totally to mine and just squeezed me and lifted me up! he then took my hand and skipped over to the start of the catwalk. we walked a little bit of it teogether, still holding hands, until he screamed GO! i thought he meant go back into the bomb shlter...so i stated to get down until he came up from behind me and stopped me. he said no...walk and motioned to the catwalk. so i ran the walk by myself!! it was so amazing. i stopped at one point towards the middle and put my hands up in the air and looked at all the people around me. i'll never forget it. i continued to run, and saw bono running towards me from the other side. i didnt stop running until i reached him, and we hugged again.

he then took my hand and led me back onto stage. he then put his arm around me and continued to sing the rest of the song. after it was over, he had me in a one armed hug and directed adam larry and edge to play with or without you (i guess it wasn't on the set list?). i was AMAZED. with or without you is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE song of all time. i turned to bono and put my hand over my mouth, i started crying. he hugged me again. then the lights went out for a couple of seconds, and when they came back on bono started singing. he had his forehead to my forehead, and was holding my hand. he kept his eyes on mine the whole time he sang! i could see how blue his eyes were even through the glasses!! i seriously can't beleive it. he was singing my favorite song to me!!! he told me to sing with him, so i did. when the song kicked, he kissed my hand and walked me over to the edge's pedals and had me sit. i looked back at the edge, and i mouthed you're amazing! and he just smiled at me. i stayed there for the rset of the song. when it was over, he came over to me and gave me his hand. he lifted me up and then put me back in the crowd!!!

after the show i talked to the boys' manager- according to him, bono wanted me because i was "mesmerizingly beautiful and had a way about me" :ohmy: WOW!!!!!

i wanna add pics but im not raelly sure how....for now if you wanna see em email me, or tell me how to put them up!

I have amazing pics of you onstage with him (we were front row, and I was a little off to your right).

I'd LOVE to be able to send you copies of them...would you like me to e-mail them to you??

I've never posted pics before on here, but I figured this was the perfect opportunity....

Here's what I have from when Bono pulled her up-

Hope you like them!

047_04A.jpg

046_05A.jpg

048_03A.jpg

041_10A.jpg

What a wonderful story!:):happy: WOWY is my favorite song too, I don't know what is like to be sung to in person by Bono! Congrants!;):cute:

I was at that show - my husband I noticed you when you were up on someone's shoulders and reaching out to Bono early on, and looked at each other and said "that girl really, really wants to get up on stage - hope she makes it." Many females were living vicariously through you once you did get pulled up, believe me!

Re: i was pulled up on 5/22

[QUOT

after the show i talked to the boys' manager- according to him, bono wanted me because i was "mesmerizingly beautiful and had a way about me" :ohmy: WOW!!!!!

up! [/B]

and where did you find Mr Mcguinness after the show?

:eyebrow:

Congratulations! Glad you had a awesome time! And you look beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom