Bono's current look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono gets better with age-I am even more obsessed & possessed by him (something about knowing we will be seeing him more & more hopefully in the coming months.)

I like both looks!;):) I would love either...but the red could be his new look for the tour...for something that wasn't on tghe other tours. :) But, hey Bono has rocked with his looks, but his personality makes them even more cuter.;):wink:

RocknRollKitty said:
The opposite of 'letting yourself go' - at any age. But I can't understand what's wrong with trying to keep yourself looking the way you did all your life as long as you can. Look at Barbara Walters for example. She is 74 years old and looks great. She has tastefully and carefully manitained her looks without looking old, or fake (of course not everyone has the money) Then there are younger people who totally let themselves go. But I do think there are different standards for celebrities than regular people. Celebrities are on TV and in magazines and they are expected to look good. I don't think it's that big of a deal and I don't think it's a bad thing like girls starving themselves to look like models. Older celebrities trying to keep up appearances is very common and I can't believe it's even an issue.

Maybe it's just because I approach this with my "professional" oppinions that I feel this way, but I tend to think that we, as society, is heading for a sidetrack, with possibilities that forces us to make some considerations about where we are going and where we want to go...

Plastic-oprations, botox-treatments and the likes gives us (or the ones with enough money - so far) the possibilities of keeping up a look that is not natural for the age we have (but it may be suitable for the age we feel. I agree with you on that - that you can feel like you're not the age you actually is!) and as time goes by our oppinion of the "ideal good look" will be displaced, so that "looking good" means looking 20-something when you're in your 70's - which is, whatever way you turn it, not natural.
Something along the same lines is medicine for "conditions" that I find indeed very doubtful, which is in the pipeline and will come to us in the not so distant future - medicine for shyness for example. Should you take medicine because you're shy?

My considerations all can be summerized with one word - normality. Who decides what is normal and what isn't? Should it be normal to look half your age because you can afford it - and what about the day the prize on these things lowers and people like you and I can afford them? Should we eliminate for example shyness because someone thinks it's "not normal" and we can actually do it?

I know it may very well sound like I'm overreacting - and how I hope I am. But sadly I don't think I am... With all the things science and medicine and do, we (as a society) need to discuss these things before it gets out of our hands - what is "normal" and who decides what is "normal"? That's why I'm making it an issue...

... but then again, this place might not be the right place to do it... :reject:

RocknRollKitty said:
I wasn't talking about you, it was another poster who had said his hair was 'short' and 'tinged with gray'. I'll see if I can find some pics. But NO WAY has Bowie 'aged gracefully' or naturally;) But he looks damn good for 57!

Looking forward to pics (both "before" and "after" pics?!) - and I don't doub't you when you say he's hot for 57! :D

Last edited:
I perfer black like he used to have it, nice and mysterious!
Im abit upset its kinda brown now!:(

u2granny said:
I could have sworn this thread was about hair.

Yeah, well... :shrug: ...I think it was the word "look" and the whole young vs. old that started it all, but...

To qoute myself - this might not be the appropriate place to discuss such things... :reject:

Merc said:

Yeah, well... :shrug: ...I think it was the word "look" and the whole young vs. old that started it all, but...

To qoute myself - this might not be the appropriate place to discuss such things... :reject:

True, true, but hey, I was right in there.:reject: Amazing how fast things can get off track.

u2granny said:
Amazing how fast things can get off track.

Yeah... acutally, when you look at it (where we started and where we're at now), it's quite funny! :lol:

I've been here 3 years, and I can tell you ANYTIME the words "Bono" and "look" are involved, it will go on and on. A lot of strange things have happened. You should have seen the old 'hair' and 'era' wars :slant:

Well I have to say I love everyone who participated in this thread. It has taken some strange turns but it is nice to know I am not the only one who is completely obsessed with Bono. It is so easy to talk about that man. See what happens when I get started.:coocoo:

That is the one thing it proves - we are obsessed with Bono, and we do care how he looks, because we want to look at him! :wink:

geeze, we are obsessed with poor bono here. there has to be something good about him if even when some people think hes looking old they still want to gob on and on about him.
but alas i want to gob about him too :D
i tend to agree with the overprocessed comment. i kinda wish he would just let his hair do what its gonna do. and maybe just cut it shorter. of course men his age start having a few hairs falling out and not coming back. but it looks kinda eewy to still have it long and weighted down. maybe something like the beautiful day hair or a longer version of the popchop would be good? it would make it look thicker if he wants it to. and i DO like the grey in his hair, and adams too! plus the grey whiskers are sexy too.
maybe a weird thought for an 18 yr old.....:reject:

Thanks u2bonogirl! I made a post several pages back and - now coming back days later - seems like no one agreed with me (or misunderstood my intentions). Personally, I'd rather seem him quit dyeing it, etc. But, if he wants to that's fine - all I'm saying is I don't want him to get to the point where it's painfully obvious to everyone - that's when you're trying too hard and start to look silly. Bono looks great now - but at some point, we all have to accept that we can't fake it anymore - I just want him to eventually accept that. And I hope his fans accept it, too. After all, we all love him regardless of what his hair is doing, right?!

u2grace said:
I don't want him to get to the point where it's painfully obvious to everyone - that's when you're trying too hard and start to look silly. Bono looks great now - but at some point, we all have to accept that we can't fake it anymore - I just want him to eventually accept that.

This does happen, but that time comes more like at 70 or 80 than 44! He's too damn young to look old. And yes I think Adam looks terribly old and should dye his hair blond.

u2grace, i get you totally. i watched the oreilly thing again today and i just wanted to take his head and do something with his hair. like shave it off and start over again. its so overdone! *bono you dont have to try so hard baby*

u2grace, i get you totally. i watched the oreilly thing again today and i just wanted to take his head and do something with his hair. like shave it off and start over again. its so overdone! *bono you dont have to try so hard baby*

Ummm, okay :eyebrow: WTF? This is beyond being funny anymore, when you have people wanting to grab him and cut off his hair! Then you have people who love it and would kick your ass for messing with it! It's HAIR already! It's his hair! Some people love it and some don't. Is it really that big of a deal?? I don't see anything to fuss about!! He's just a guy sitting there with hair. He looks fine and normal to me. I don't see anything extreme about it one way or the other to bring all this on. There are bigger things to worry about, sheeeesh! :shrug:

I'm also not getting the 'tryin so hard.' Doesn't look like he tried hard at all, he hardly even combed his hair or straightened his clothes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom